2022 Fall Training Camp | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Fall Training Camp

Reaction Score
12 minutes of your time:

QB discussion @ 4:15 mark: Looking to make a decision on QB as quickly as possible while also promoting a competitive environment. Each QB has a little bit different skill set.

Translation: Taquan is the starter but we want them to work for it to keep everyone sharp.

Reaction Score
Just a few days from camp officially starting and they show a clip of a pass from a team without a clear #1 QB.

EVERYONE should be having fun looking for anything resembling a clue as to depth chart.

You show any part of a clip with a red shirt throwing a ball and I'm over analyzing it.
Regardless of who threw the ball, that was a fine catch against very tight coverage.

Reaction Score
Something Edsall would have never said
Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 6.02.58 PM.png

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Something Edsall would have never said
View attachment 77843

Besides QB the other area which really needs locking down is obviously OLine. Lots of new faces, and on paper more talent. But were looking at probably four new faces on the line meaning none of these guys have taken a live snap lined up the lineman next to him. Need a leader to emerge on the line and to get that thing gelling.

Reaction Score
Besides QB the other area which really needs locking down is obviously OLine. Lots of new faces, and on paper more talent. But were looking at probably four new faces on the line meaning none of these guys have taken a live snap lined up the lineman next to him. Need a leader to emerge on the line and to get that thing gelling.

Likely 3 new faces on the line. I think our two guards are expected to be the same.

Reaction Score
I think we see maybe one or two for the tackle spots. You may be right though, but I’m not sure about 4 because majority of the new guys on the O-line are a lot younger, and only 3 players have had significant snaps at the FBS level from most is Haynes, Lundt, and Nyadu. I know for a fact the only 2 positions that weren’t split in terms of rotating for 1s during spring ball were the guards and center. This year we can’t have a roulette on the O-line like we did at center last season.

Matter of fact can’t have a roulette going into the 2nd week of practice for majority of our positions because the team needs to find their identity, I think those that were starters last season and still were starters during spring ball, we should anticipate seeing them to start during week 0 against Utah. Exit 4 as a really good prediction on the depth chart this upcoming season.

Reaction Score
Free look in to Uconn or any Rivals site for training camp(s):

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Likely 3 new faces on the line. I think our two guards are expected to be the same.
I think we see maybe one or two for the tackle spots. You may be right though, but I’m not sure about 4 because majority of the new guys on the O-line are a lot younger, and only 3 players have had significant snaps at the FBS level from most is Haynes, Lundt, and Nyadu. I know for a fact the only 2 positions that weren’t split in terms of rotating for 1s during spring ball were the guards and center. This year we can’t have a roulette on the O-line like we did at center last season.

Matter of fact can’t have a roulette going into the 2nd week of practice for majority of our positions because the team needs to find their identity, I think those that were starters last season and still were starters during spring ball, we should anticipate seeing them to start during week 0 against Utah. Exit 4 as a really good prediction on the depth chart this upcoming season.

Here's a chance. List who you think are the starting five.

LT
LG
C
RG
RT

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
FWIW - I'm not so sure what I have will be the starting 5 for Utah St, I just thought it might be how they start camp. I think Shor has a good chance of cracking this starting 5 early. I also think it might take a few games to find right 5 as well.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Guidone at Center, Haynes and Nyadu at Guard.

anybody's guess at Tackle but Senn seems to be the favorite at LT. Fortin at RT?

I like Fortin at G better than T.

Not convinced Nyadu is starting.

I think Haynes, Guidone and Fortin are closest to be sure things but if anyone jumps them that is good news since it means competition was strong and someone else won out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
FWIW - I'm not so sure what I have will be the starting 5 for Utah St, I just thought it might be how they start camp. I think Shor has a good chance of cracking this starting 5 early. I also think it might take a few games to find right 5 as well.
Guidone at Center, Haynes and Nyadu at Guard.

anybody's guess at Tackle but Senn seems to be the favorite at LT. Fortin at RT?
I like Shor competing for the tackle spot, but part of me also thinks he will be a RS just because he is coming in as a freshmen and still needs time to develop.

Senn - was moved from guard to tackle
Nyadu - Started last 8 games
Guidone - upgrade over S.Walker
Haynes - started last two season
Fortin/Lundt - Significant snaps but hurt

Fortin they prolly will keep him at center. They could’ve easily put Fortin at G but from watching spring ball it seems like center/tackle is where he was at the most so I think they have who they want at G.

Also have to take in mind that Mora could’ve asked any of those starting 4 to leave when he came but only one that left was S.Walker, so I think Mora sees something in those guys we don’t see since he had a firsthand look at them during the season. Plus Haynes and Nyadu are 2 of the 6 left from their class and were rated high coming out of their class at O-line.

Reaction Score
My thought is Roberson gets the nod because he is the QB Charlton and Mora want to run on offense. True dual threat. Millen will have to go absolutely wild with his arm to beat out the legs of Roberson, but I'm going to say he's going to be a very good back up if Roberson gets hurt. Turner will redshirt and Tyler will continue to rehab.

Reaction Score
I like Fortin at G better than T.

Not convinced Nyadu is starting.

I think Haynes, Guidone and Fortin are closest to be sure things but if anyone jumps them that is good news since it means competition was strong and someone else won out.
Curious to know why you aren’t convinced Nyadu is starting? Fortin and S.Walker switched around at center at most and Nyadu took the reigns over Dylan.N, not because of injury. Fortin is good, but S.Walker starting over him Fresno was concerning even though I believe the staff should’ve let Fortin develop throughout the season because he played better than Walker in my eyes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom