2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 27 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

I wonder if she doesn't represent a new category of 5th year players because of the NIL possibilities. She is a very good player, fun to watch, and because of her size easy to root for. I would think she would have some NIL potential, but because of her size might be an underdog for the WNBA but have foreign possibilities.

If that is the case, why not use another season where you can stay in the spotlight a little longer, and build your brand before you decide what the future holds. There are plenty of other potential reasons of course, but for players who have relatively more NIL potential than WNBA potential, why leave? I suspect she will go to a program with far more attention and fans, but wherever it is I think she will be a fan favorite.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Interesting that she didn’t thank her coach. I always assumed they had a good relationship. He certainly touted her.
She did - the top part of graphics says, First, I'd like to thank Coach B and staff for taking a chance on me.

Reaction Score
She did - the top part of graphics says, First, I'd like to thank Coach B and staff for taking a chance on me.
My bad. Thanks for pointing it out. I didn’t tap on the graphic, so that part was invisible to me.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

1. Is she any good?
2. Can she play defense?
3. Is she a good 3pt shooter?
4. Doea she like Tobacco and or vinegar based bbq?

Im just musing

Reaction Score
1. Is she any good?
2. Can she play defense?
3. Is she a good 3pt shooter?
4. Doea she like Tobacco and or vinegar based bbq?

Im just musing
I thought she was good, not great. A bit of a volume shooter. Fair 3pt shot (I didn’t look up the stats). A nat (sp?) on defense, but height a big negative. I heard she goes for the ketchup bbq.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Merritt is a great player. Was injured this season and missed some games.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

Well, she's following Ole Miss' Coach Yo on Instagram, and vice versa. So, if she did select the "Do not contact" option, sounds like a done deal.

Reaction Score
But there'll be freshmen coming in, underclassmen improving, and quite probably transfers coming in. Life goes on.
true but no Maddy Siegrist at Villanova, no Park Lane or Cooks at Seton Hall, no Marotta or King (I think) at Marquette, no Bailey, Patterson, Reid at St Johns........the only competitive team that doesn't seem to be affected is Creighton.....

Reaction Score
true but no Maddy Siegrist at Villanova, no Park Lane or Cooks at Seton Hall, no Marotta or King (I think) at Marquette, no Bailey, Patterson, Reid at St Johns........the only competitive team that doesn't seem to be affected is Creighton.....
One issue that remains for the BE is after Uconn, there are usually a limited number of incoming top recruits. They get good not great players. Other BE teams don't really have much of a chance for a top 30 player, for example. Just about all of those go to power 5 conference teams or Uconn.

Sometimes they wind up with a star like Siegrist or Morrow, but those are generally players that wound up being much better than their HS rankings. Considering the recruiting disadvantage, I think the overall performance of the conference has been quite good relative to the Power 5 conferences. The results are closer than the talent gap in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom