2021 NY Jets thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 NY Jets thread

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Will he start or will Flacco?
Saleh has already said White is starting. Flacco will back him up.

Gotta feel bad for flacco....he signs with the Eagles thinking he could compete with Hurts...and then they trade for minshew. He gets traded to the Jets thinking he would get a couple starts and then the backup blows up and he doesn't get a start.

Knowing the Jets... White will probably blows out his knee and Flacco will finally get his starter reps...lol.

Reaction Score

Gotta feel bad for flacco....he signs with the Eagles thinking he could compete with Hurts...and then they trade for minshew. He gets traded to the Jets thinking he would get a couple starts and then the backup blows up and he doesn't get a start.

Knowing the Jets... White will probably blows out his knee and Flacco will finally get his starter reps...lol.

Flacco has a giant fork sticking out of his back at this point. He's happy collecting an NFL check and "being ready if they need him".

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Looking for Foley, Griffin & White to have big games on the big stage tonight J E T S JETS JETS JETS

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score

Well...he didn't blow out his knee but White got knocked out early. And for some reason Johnson was #2 and Flacco was inactive.

But...didnt matter...defense was horrific.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Wow...Josh Johnson did a great job.

Gotta wonder why this offense looks great when Zach isnt out there.

Reaction Score

2 400 yard passing games in a row. When is the last time the Jets did that?

Reaction Score

Right now Zach stinks. He may have a bright future but he should ride the pine until the Jets are mathematically eliminated. Jets probably have 2 more wins if they went with White out of the gate.

I will be livid if White isn't starting vs the Bills (assuming is arm is not injured). White looks legit to me. Not a fluke at all, the guy can play.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I think Zach getting more time to watch is a good thing. I think White getting more time to prove himself is a good thing.

Seems like White against the Bills is the right call. Although...that's a tough team for either QB to play.

The tougher call is how do you fix the defense

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I think Zach getting more time to watch is a good thing. I think White getting more time to prove himself is a good thing.

Seems like White against the Bills is the right call. Although...that's a tough team for either QB to play.

The tougher call is how do you fix the defense
If only there was a game changer at de in this draft….

They need thibs

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
If only there was a game changer at de in this draft….

They need thibs
Agree... except they have a decent DL and they still get destroyed on defense. He won't be enough.... but...it's a good start and you fill in with free agents.

Defense needs to get better soon or Ulbrich isn't getting a second year.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
If White plays like he did yesterday, he should continue to start.

But...I don't think that happens. He caught Cincy off guard yesterday. It won't be as easy for him on Thursday. Indy will make him prove he can throw farther than 10 yards.
I had a feeling White would come back to earth. I still think the time off will help Zach. Hopefully he can go this week.

But..the issue is the defense. I wasn't able to watch the game, but I am surprised to hear the defense isn't playing with effort. I know they lack talent...but I didn't expect a Saleh team to play without effort.

For those who watched...is that true? Poor effort and energy?

Reaction Score
I had a feeling White would come back to earth. I still think the time off will help Zach. Hopefully he can go this week.

But..the issue is the defense. I wasn't able to watch the game, but I am surprised to hear the defense isn't playing with effort. I know they lack talent...but I didn't expect a Saleh team to play without effort.

For those who watched...is that true? Poor effort and energy?
It was flat out embarrassing how easily the Bills continued to just move down the field at will. And like the Pats continued to throw the ball 20, 30, 40 yds downfield up 30+ pts. No heart at all on defense.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Saleh's managing of the QBs has been odd. No experienced backup QB in camp because he believes in Mike White. The minute Zach gets injured..,they trade for a backup. Why not sign one in the off-season? Now...he says he believes in Mike White, but he is starting Flacco. So weird.

I don't know whether it was Douglas or Saleh, but thie doesn't make sense. Oh....and the defense sucks.

Reaction Score
Saleh's managing of the QBs has been odd. No experienced backup QB in camp because he believes in Mike White. The minute Zach gets injured..,they trade for a backup. Why not sign one in the off-season? Now...he says he believes in Mike White, but he is starting Flacco. So weird.

I don't know whether it was Douglas or Saleh, but thie doesn't make sense. Oh....and the defense sucks.
So, I felt the exact same, then heard he wanted Flacco in because Miami is so blitz heavy and he felt Flacco was more capable at reading and adjusting. I'm willing to wait and see how that plays out. If he felt White had a bad game and would have continued that getting blitzed like crazy, I may actually give him credit for this. We'll see.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
So, I felt the exact same, then heard he wanted Flacco in because Miami is so blitz heavy and he felt Flacco was more capable at reading and adjusting. I'm willing to wait and see how that plays out. If he felt White had a bad game and would have continued that getting blitzed like crazy, I may actually give him credit for this. We'll see.
It should be interesting....Flacco can't move well.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
This seems pretty promising.

I think this is a big week for Zach...if he is ready to start. He has seen this offense can work with a QB who plays within the offense. He has had a few weeks to think about where he is ....and to work on mechanics. Hiring Beck must be awkward for the QB coach, OC and offensive analyst...and it says the situation is serious enough to pull out all stops to correct.

They are obviously worried that Zach will develop bad habits. Hopefully he puts up a good game on Sunday.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
So....where are we now? It feels like this team is getting better in some areas even with a depleted roster.

It feels like Zach is growing, I just hope he doesn't revert to his turnover prone hero ball ways against two tough opponents.

Hopefully we get more progress in the next two games...not that they need to win. It's all about the draft.

Speaking of the draft....how did Douglas get 2020 so wrong and it appears 2021 so right? Seriously...his extensive experience is personnel. There is no excuse for why he crapped the bed in 2020. So what did he do different in 2021?

Jets future is counting on 2021 Douglas and not 2020 Douglas.

Reaction Score
So....where are we now? It feels like this team is getting better in some areas even with a depleted roster.

It feels like Zach is growing, I just hope he doesn't revert to his turnover prone hero ball ways against two tough opponents.

Hopefully we get more progress in the next two games...not that they need to win. It's all about the draft.

Speaking of the draft....how did Douglas get 2020 so wrong and it appears 2021 so right? Seriously...his extensive experience is personnel. There is no excuse for why he crapped the bed in 2020. So what did he do different in 2021?

Jets future is counting on 2021 Douglas and not 2020 Douglas.
T Beckton, DB Hall, P Mann, S Davis are all solid picks and contributors for two years. True Beckton could lose some weight but has All-Pro potential. Mims is the head scratcher, I thought he was a steal in the 2nd and would be all-pro for years. Zuniga, Perine,Morgan and Clark were indeed whiffs but overall hardly a bust of a draft.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
T Beckton, DB Hall, P Mann, S Davis are all solid picks and contributors for two years. True Beckton could lose some weight but has All-Pro potential. Mims is the head scratcher, I thought he was a steal in the 2nd and would be all-pro for years. Zuniga, Perine,Morgan and Clark were indeed whiffs but overall hardly a bust of a draft.
Becton is a question mark. That could go either way. Hall is by far his best pick. Mann not bad. That's it. Davis is not a solid starter.

It's still a bit early...but that draft is leaning towards bust....and it will definitely be a bust if Becton doesn't work out.

Reaction Score
Becton is a question mark. That could go either way. Hall is by far his best pick. Mann not bad. That's it. Davis is not a solid starter.

It's still a bit early...but that draft is leaning towards bust....and it will definitely be a bust if Becton doesn't work out.
I’d say we can agree to disagree about 2020. I believe we DO agree 2021 was a big plus.

Reaction Score
Regarding the 2020 draft its way too early to give up on Becton. He didn't get hurt because he is fat, he got hurt because a 300 pound lineman fell on the back of his leg, that can happen to anyone. Bryce Hall looks like a future pro-bowler to me. The Jets also picked up Huff and Guidry as 2020 undrafted free agents and both those guys look to be long term contributors. Hopefully Ashton Davis can develop into something useful and maybe the offensive lineman that had the spinal chord injury can make a comeback. At the very least if Becton and Hall turn into pro- bowlers 2020 will have to be viewed as a good draft.

The 2021 draft class might end up being the best in Jets history. Even Pinnock is looking good now at safety.

Love Joe Douglas, easily our best GM since Parcells. Anyone who thinks badly of him is clueless.

Last edited:

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
RIP John Madden, even as a Jet fan you had to respect his work as a coach and broadcaster

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Regarding the 2020 draft its way too early to give up on Becton. He didn't get hurt because he is fat, he got hurt because a 300 pound lineman fell on the back of his leg, that can happen to anyone. Bryce Hall looks like a future pro-bowler to me. The Jets also picked up Huff and Guidry as 2020 undrafted free agents and both those guys look to be long term contributors. Hopefully Ashton Davis can develop into something useful and maybe the offensive lineman that had the spinal chord injury can make a comeback. At the very least if Becton and Hall turn into pro- bowlers 2020 will have to be viewed as a good draft.

The 2021 draft class might end up being the best in Jets history. Even Pinnock is looking good now at safety.

Love Joe Douglas, easily our best GM since Parcells. Anyone who thinks badly of him is clueless.
You guys sound like super homers.

I am a Jets fan...and a Douglas fan....but...anyone who is impartial would give Douglas at best a "C" on the 2020 draft.

I didn't say anything about "giving up" on Becton. I just said his success is questionable. He has been injured a lot..has struggled with weight...and was struggling this pre season with Lafleur's scheme. I think...and hope Becton will be special. But it's no sure thing.

Mims at this point is looking like a horrible pick. Especially at number two. As were Zuniga and Morgan. Perine and Clark were just bad...not horrible.

Davis and Mann seem ok....and Hall was a great pick. Especially in the fifth round.

Overall I give it a C. I give him an A for 2021. If he gets another A in 2022, Jets will be set up nicely in the future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom