2021 NY Jets thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2021 NY Jets thread

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You guys sound like super homers.

I am a Jets fan...and a Douglas fan....but...anyone who is impartial would give Douglas at best a "C" on the 2020 draft.

I didn't say anything about "giving up" on Becton. I just said his success is questionable. He has been injured a lot..has struggled with weight...and was struggling this pre season with Lafleur's scheme. I think...and hope Becton will be special. But it's no sure thing.

Mims at this point is looking like a horrible pick. Especially at number two. As were Zuniga and Morgan. Perine and Clark were just bad...not horrible.

Davis and Mann seem ok....and Hall was a great pick. Especially in the fifth round.

Overall I give it a C. I give him an A for 2021. If he gets another A in 2022, Jets will be set up nicely in the future.

Echoing what I said to Giants fans. Trade back trade back trade back. Make more picks. More chances to hit, you can cut your losses sooner and pay rookies less. Constantly picking high in the 1st is financially horrible in the NFL. Jets should be stockpiling 2nd and 3rd rounders like mad.

I thought Saleh would fix the D more quickly. The AFC East is currently a very tough place to be.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Echoing what I said to Giants fans. Trade back trade back trade back. Make more picks. More chances to hit, you can cut your losses sooner and pay rookies less. Constantly picking high in the 1st is financially horrible in the NFL. Jets should be stockpiling 2nd and 3rd rounders like mad.

I thought Saleh would fix the D more quickly. The AFC East is currently a very tough place to be.
They... rightly.....have focused on the offense in the draft and FA. They knew they couldn't do what they did to Darnold...draft a QB and give him no weapons and no line. So they went offense in the draft and FA.

I would guess defense gets more attention this off-season.

Reaction Score
They... rightly.....have focused on the offense in the draft and FA. They knew they couldn't do what they did to Darnold...draft a QB and give him no weapons and no line. So they went offense in the draft and FA.

I would guess defense gets more attention this off-season.
Can you bank on Corey Davis coming through and Denzel Mims actually figuring it out? I feel like they still need gamebreakers for Wilson.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Can you bank on Corey Davis coming through and Denzel Mims actually figuring it out? I feel like they still need gamebreakers for Wilson.
Sadly...no. They still need a WR1. Davis seems to be a 2 and Mims is a bust. It may be worth one of the first round picks...or free agency for a top WR. And a TE. As a Homer....I like Griffin, but they need more.

Offense still needs help...but D needs more help.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Pathetic call trying to seal the game on a 4th and 2 on the 6 yard line and calls a QB sneak. Brady then marches down 95 yards to win.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Pathetic call trying to seal the game on a 4th and 2 on the 6 yard line and calls a QB sneak. Brady then marches down 95 yards to win.
I loved the call to go for it. Hated the call for QB sneak.

But....while a win is nice, I like how this helps draft position.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
The Jets gave me a reason to give up sober January today. Highlight was the "C" on Fautukasi's chest.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
The Jets gave me a reason to give up sober January today. Highlight was the "C" on Fautukasi's chest.
He has done a really nice job with the Jets. I hope he gets a second contract with them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom