2021 Caroline Ducharme to UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2021 Caroline Ducharme to UConn

Reaction Score
Willing to share my stimulus check with anyone who is willing to send me Tyler Phommachanh..just email me your bank routing # and account number and name of your bank and I will direct deposit it for you...p.s. I am not Nigerian..:cool:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
ESPNHoop has not updated her information, still lists her 5'10".

The National Championship-July 2019: Fundamental guard handles and attacks in transition game; brings a scorer's mentality to the back court; deceptively quick on dribble-drive attack, finds the rim with consistency, yields results; smooth stroke on jumper, mid-range game creator with range beyond the arc. (Olson)

Boo Williams Invitational-April 2019: Agile off-guard brings deep range offensive game to the back court; green light 3-point threat complemented by slashing attack to the rim; size in the back court, fundamental, crafty off the dribble, executes in half-court game. (Olson)

Reaction Score
Her height has been report at 5'11"", 6', 6'1", and 6'2". Onesite has her at 6' then later in the article reports her as being 6'2". Her rankings are all over the place as well.

Blue Star -- rank overall #7
ESPN -- 5'10" ranked #41 overall and #15 as guard
NEGR -- 6'1"
Gatorade -- 6'2"
Prospects Nation -- 6'1" ranked #23 overall and #8 as guard
Maxpreps -- 6'2"
Well, we know ESPN is wrong, so let's average and say 6'1"! ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Her height has been report at 5'11"", 6', 6'1", and 6'2". Onesite has her at 6' then later in the article reports her as being 6'2". Her rankings are all over the place as well.
Blue Star -- rank overall #7
ESPN -- 5'10" ranked #41 overall and #15 as guard
NEGR -- 6'1"
Gatorade -- 6'2"
Prospects Nation -- 6'1" ranked #23 overall and #8 as guard
Maxpreps -- 6'2"
ESPN started tracking and rating Caroline in July of 2015 at USJN. USJN (US Junior Nationals) is a Philly Belles sponsored AAU tournament played in DC/MD sometimes Hershey, PA area. Caroline was about to enter 7th grade in the fall of 2015 and ESPN listed her at 5'10". Her ESPN height has not been updated since 2015. Fast forward to Summer of 2018 (3 years later) Caroline was at USA basketball trials coming off an injury. USA Basketball listed her at 6'0". Today (2 years later) she is listed in some places as 6'1 or 6'2". She grew a few inches since 7th grade and her rating are all over the place because she was injured and only recently (Fall of 2019) began playing without a heavy knee brace. 6'2" would be marvelous, but 6'0" for a wing sniper is plenty big.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
With Paige and Nika already on board and if Fudd gets with the program and commits, this would be a really balanced class with:
Fudd at the 2
Ducharme at the 3
Saylor at the 4
deBerry at the 5
Edited because I'm greedy and truly because I want to make UCONN bad for WCBB again!
Fudd 1/2
Ducharme 2/1
Saylor 3/2
Iriafen 4/5
DeBerry 5/4

Reaction Score
She is supposed to be very much like Molly in her work ethic and team first approach. She differs from Molly in that she is 6'2", aggressive rebounder and defender, pass first wing who can bomb from long distance. So yeah, she's just like Molly. Which, BTW, is a great thing.
I just watched the class AA New England Championship on you tube which took place this March before the shutdown. I agree that she appears to be very team oriented and very self effacing about individual awards. She has great range( several of her threes were easily in back of where the college line is), can get her three ball shot off the bounce by creating her own space with a step back, moves well without the ball which is very important for us, but is not a pass first guard at all in what I saw. I think she is a scorer with a nose for the basket. She has a deceptively quick first step to the right with long legs( like Aubrey) and can go to her left but doesn't need to at this level. She also has long arms which helps her on defense and will get physically stronger in another year. She needs a short pull up true jumper which is a weakness in both girls and boys high school hoops right now (college too, even Walker didn't have a true 5-10 foot foot pull up like CW has) but I also think she is underrated right now and I like her game a lot. She looks like a UCONN type player to me and is only going to get better. She is also playing the point at 6'2" so that will only improve her handle next year. I'm excited about her. She is a winner too. You can just tell.

Reaction Score
Caroline looks to be at least 6'0" and has long arms! Lots of rebounds, blocks, and steals in the videos.

She's just a bit lanky and reminds me a little of Ann Strother. Nice!
She looks great--seems to have all the tools! But she's closer to being 6'1" or possibly 6'2".

Reaction Score
Edited because I'm greedy and truly because I want to make UCONN bad for WCBB again!
Fudd 1/2
Ducharme 2/1
Saylor 3/2
Iriafen 4/5
DeBerry 5/4
Don't, don't, don't jinx it for Iriafen!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Willing to share my stimulus check with anyone who is willing to send me Tyler Phommachanh..just email me your bank routing # and account number and name of your bank and I will direct deposit it for you...p.s. I am not Nigerian..:cool:
...and also please send @bluedevil your SS# in case there are any issues with your bank. PS, I am also not Nigerian or Indian...;);)

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
I would think that with the reputation and success Geno, CD, and the coaching staff has had, UConn could have gotten commitments from better players than what they have so far in 2020 and 2021. Not an AA candidate in the bunch!:rolleyes:
Ask Geno about ratings and AA's.It is not the ratings or the accolades.It is the desire and tenacity the player has,and the UConn way about her.He must believe the building blocks are there and that she is well worth the offer.I would not worry about her place in someone's ratings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom