2021 Caroline Ducharme to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 Caroline Ducharme to UConn

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Six-minute audio clip from Brandon Clay talking about Ducharme at the link.

The No. 23 ranked player in the 2021 class chose the Huskies over finalists Boston College, North Carolina, Oregon, Oregon State and Tennessee.

CLAY’S TAKE

Ducharme brings a versatile scorer to the lineup in Storrs. With a projected roster full of diverse puzzle pieces, her presence gives the Huskies someone who can take advantage of catch and shoot chances at a 30-plus percent clip while also attacking off the drive too. Ducharme’s length, bounce and athleticism allow her to be a solid option on the other end of the hardwood as well. She is the type of prospect who is going to be the first one in the gym, weight room and recovery center for preventative treatment. Ducharme has all the intangibles that it takes to survive the sharpening of the iron that happens early in your career on campus in Storrs

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Yeah she is around the 6' mark and maybe smidge taller. Now we just need Fudd and we can be done for 21. So I wonder why she chose today to announce.
Maybe she found out Fudd is not committing to UConn or maybe she found out she is coming and wanted to make sure she had a spot on the roster. Maybe, maybe, maybe.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Six-minute audio clip from Brandon Clay talking about Ducharme at the link.

The No. 23 ranked player in the 2021 class chose the Huskies over finalists Boston College, North Carolina, Oregon, Oregon State and Tennessee.

CLAY’S TAKE

Ducharme brings a versatile scorer to the lineup in Storrs. With a projected roster full of diverse puzzle pieces, her presence gives the Huskies someone who can take advantage of catch and shoot chances at a 30-plus percent clip while also attacking off the drive too. Ducharme’s length, bounce and athleticism allow her to be a solid option on the other end of the hardwood as well. She is the type of prospect who is going to be the first one in the gym, weight room and recovery center for preventative treatment. Ducharme has all the intangibles that it takes to survive the sharpening of the iron that happens early in your career on campus in Storrs

Though PN lists her as taller, Clays says she's 5'11" to 6'0".

Reaction Score

Good for her, seems like she’ll be a great teammate. I have no idea how many offers UConn has out there for this class, but if she’s had one all along I would think she’d have grabbed it before now. Which leads me to believe that Iriafen is probably staying out west.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I would think that with the reputation and success Geno, CD, and the coaching staff has had, UConn could have gotten commitments from better players than what they have so far in 2020 and 2021. Not an AA candidate in the bunch!:rolleyes:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yeah, should've put all of Ducharme's rating's here:

ESPN: 41

Prospects Nation: 23

ASGR: 16

Blue Star: 7

Premiere Basketball Report: 17
I think HoopGurlz doesn’t see East coast players as often as Midwestern and Western players, hence the ranking disparity. Blue Star is a Philly area organization and has probably seen her the most

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Another picture worth a 1000 words

1585881243479.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We have another Molly Bent from Prep School near her in Mass. Geno staying close to home for team player just like Molly.
Taller and better than Molly. Caroline is top 20-40 nationally and was the Massachusetts Gatorade POY. Molly was not in the top-100.

But Molly is an A/A+ student. Caroline is reported to be a B student. Molly's GPA was higher than her PPG.

Reaction Score
ESPN has her at 41? Can't wait to see the 40 better players............. :rolleyes:

She seems like the complete package. Handles pretty well, fearless driving to the basket from both sides with both hands, grabs defensive rebounds and instantly turns up court and either drives to the basket or throws great outlet passes, and what can you say about her range but it's college distance and more already.

Reaction Score
ESPN has her at 41? Can't wait to see the 40 better players............. :rolleyes:

She seems like the complete package. Handles pretty well, fearless driving to the basket from both sides with both hands, grabs defensive rebounds and instantly turns up court and either drives to the basket or throws great outlet passes, and what can you say about her range but it's college distance and more already.
From the highlights looks like a top 20 player to me. Quick release with deep range. Handle and athleticism is decent and you can see she she can rebound for a guard with long arms.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I would think that with the reputation and success Geno, CD, and the coaching staff has had, UConn could have gotten commitments from better players than what they have so far in 2020 and 2021. Not an AA candidate in the bunch!:rolleyes:

:confused::confused::confused:

Oh. I see, Paige is AAA. ;)

Reaction Score
I recall a few weeks ago Fudd posting an Instagram story (since disappeared since they last 24 hours) of a trend where you post aN old basketball picture of yourself. She then nominated Paige, Caroline, and Christyn Williams to do the same. When I saw that, I figured Uconn at least had a fighting chance to secure both Caroline and Azzi. Glad to see Caroline officially onboard.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom