2018 Recruiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting

Reaction Score
Has anyone seen 2018 New Jersey post Brittany Garner play? she ranked 45 by PN and is listed at 6'4.

Reaction Score
Has anyone seen 2018 New Jersey post Brittany Garner play? she ranked 45 by PN and is listed at 6'4.

I remember reading a post here about her a long time ago............said she had some talent but was very raw...........I don't think I've ever seen her play but will see what others say

Reaction Score
Thanks, I noticed most of her high light videos are from 2015 as well, I thought maybe with her being in the NJ area if Uconn came calling she would answer.

you would think so.............I don't usually get to see the Philly area NJ teams play but the fact that I haven't heard her name mentioned might mean that she hasn't "broken through" as the kind of elite level recruit that UConn would have an interest in

Reaction Score
We need post players. Desperately. Collier's defection was the biggest defection blow since EDD. It's gonna hurt for years.

We might win the NC this year. But Texas will be very strong with her.
I truelly believe Z will stay 2 years.
Thus in 2018-2019, we have KLS, Napheese, Z, Crystal, Megan, Camara and a good 2 years benches. We will win 2018-2019 NC.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I have to agree. I love Aston as a person. I like Aston as an X's and O's coach. I like her ability to pull her troops together. I like her ability to recruit and amass talent. Nevertheless, her on court decisions, sometimes her ability to get her troops to follow her game plan, as well as her ability to get her troops in the best basketball shape are all suspect to me.

Until recently, Texas has been in Baylor's rear view mirror, but slowly gaining on them. This might be the year they catch and pass the Lady Bears. If not his year, definitely next year. The games between those two for the next several years should be "must see" if you're a real WCBB fan. One must realize that they are playing for bragging rights and state wide supremacy when they meet. They are the two largest WCBB teams in Texas (sorry Texas A&M). Both coaches would love to get the other one in a half nelson, and squeeze until the other one taps out. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Until recently, Texas has been in Baylor's rear view mirror, but slowly gaining on them. This might be the year they catch and pass the Lady Bears. If not his year, definitely next year. The games between those two for the next several years should be "must see" if you're a real WCBB fan. Both coaches would love to get the other one in a half nelson, and squeeze until the other one taps out. :D
Last year I said the same thing here about Aston catching Mulkey. Still, we've seen both coaches mishandle talent. Yet, watching those two go at it will be, as you've said, must see TV. I however would pay even bigger money to see those two put each other in half nelsons.

Reaction Score
Thanks, I noticed most of her high light videos are from 2015 as well, I thought maybe with her being in the NJ area if Uconn came calling she would answer.

While I have not seen a ton of tape on Garner, I have seen enough to know that she is not up to UConn's standards. I could go on about her game but I don't want to be harsh in critiquing her. I'll sum it up by saying that she is a big bodied, 6'4 tall Post, that does not show much in terms of athleticism.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Aston is still the coach, I see Texas like Tennessee, will be a bunch of great athletes, but you still need a certain level of coaching to get all that talent to play as one, to develop, and to win.
Judging from the quotes by one of the players who committed to Texas there will be attitude problems on the Longhorns team. That quote was by one player saying she is better then Megan Walker and Walker knows it. That kind of attitude destroys team chemistry. Texas is talented and will win a bunch of games, but that attitude will hinder the teams over all performance. A team can overcome alot injuries sickness, etc. But a bad attitude can destroy a team. Accumulating talent is something many teams have done. Talent does not win NC's. Team work does. There is no I in team.

Reaction Score
Judging from the quotes by one of the players who committed to Texas there will be attitude problems on the Longhorns team. That quote was by one player saying she is better then Megan Walker and Walker knows it. That kind of attitude destroys team chemistry. Texas is talented and will win a bunch of games, but that attitude will hinder the teams over all performance. A team can overcome alot injuries sickness, etc. But a bad attitude can destroy a team. Accumulating talent is something many teams have done. Talent does not win NC's. Team work does. There is no I in team.

Well said Tony, not to mention that the player who said that would be part of a loaded front court in 2018-2019.

Reaction Score
While I have not seen a ton of tape on Garner, I have seen enough to know that she is not up to UConn's standards. I could go on about her game but I don't want to be harsh in critiquing her. I'll sum it up by saying that she is a big bodied, 6'4 tall Post, that does not show much in terms of athleticism.

Thanks for clearing that up.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We won the NC twice during what would have been her 4 years (including back to back undefeated seasons) and made the FF the other 2 years. Not sure how hurtful that ended up being. :confused:
I still be "robbed" though. Not for the NC championship(s), for 1 season I would have love to see EDD, Tina & Maya playing on the same team-that would have been Epic.

Reaction Score
I still be "robbed" though. Not for the NC championship(s), for 1 season I would have love to see EDD, Tina & Maya playing on the same team-that would have been Epic.

And I believe that would have been the 1st time in the history of ever, 3 kids ranked #1 in there respective classes got to play together.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I think said player will be fine early on but what's really going to be interesting to watch is when Joyner comes back in December...talking about two headstrong players! I wish Aston luck.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
That quote was by one player saying she is better then Megan Walker and Walker knows it.

I don't recall this comment. I do recall Boothe's title proclamations and endless confidence in herself. Is she who you are talking about?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't recall this comment. I do recall Boothe's title proclamations and endless confidence in herself. Is she who you are talking about?

Rellah is very Quotable.

"I'm going to show you," Boothe said. "I'm going to average 45 points a game this season."
A lot of people are underestimating me," said Boothe, the top forward in the class. "Me being No. 3 is very false. I feel very disrespected. I'm not bragging or boasting. I just have confidence."
"It may take a year or two to win a national championship. But I guarantee you that before I graduate, I will win championships with an 'S' at the end."

No. 3 recruit Boothe commits to Longhorns

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Rellah is very Quotable.

"I'm going to show you," Boothe said. "I'm going to average 45 points a game this season."
A lot of people are underestimating me," said Boothe, the top forward in the class. "Me being No. 3 is very false. I feel very disrespected. I'm not bragging or boasting. I just have confidence."
"It may take a year or two to win a national championship. But I guarantee you that before I graduate, I will win championships with an 'S' at the end."

She's big into "I" and "me" too. That would concern me a bit if I were one of her coaches.

Reaction Score
Rellah is very Quotable.

I remember this sentence.
She is worse than DD. She should join Lavar Ball family.

Reaction Score
Rellah is very Quotable.

I think Rellah better get herself in shape before she starts making claims like that.............

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Rellah was very good in the McDonald's game, when she hit a bunch of threes. She was not so good in the Jordan Brand game, when she missed a bunch of threes. She’s big and strong, but could be in much better shape. Joyner Holmes looks like LeBron. Rellah looks like Barkley.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I doubt if booth will be the best player on her team. When she plays Uconn she will surely feel disrespected. Just saying.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom