2018 CIAC Football Playoffs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2018 CIAC Football Playoffs

Reaction Score
How can you say that when Hand has not beaten or played ANYONE in the top 10 all season!!! Greenwich has!!! New Canaan has!!! St. Joes has!!! Newtown has!!! The SCC sucks this year and has had a major downturn the last three years. Pretty sure the SCC is 0-4 this year against the FCIAC and Newtown. Also tell me how a crappy 6-4 team like Guilford can put up 21 points against Hand?
Hand is really good. They can actually finish #1 too. If Newtown beats Greenwich and New Canaan beats Newtown to win LL...

Reaction Score
Hand is really good. They can actually finish #1 too. If Newtown beats Greenwich and New Canaan beats Newtown to win LL...
Wouldn't be the first time the 3rd or 4th best team in the state was #1 in the final poll. I'd just like to see them beat a top team. If they had played Fairfield Prep or Shelton and beat them 52-0 like everyone else they played so far then they would have my vote. That's the problem with top teams in the FCIAC, sometimes they cancel each other out and Fitch, Ledyard, Hand, or Ansonia get #1 in the Poll.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be the first time the 3rd or 4th best team in the state was #1 in the final poll. I'd just like to see them beat a top team. If they had played Fairfield Prep or Shelton and beat them 52-0 like everyone else they played so far then they would have my vote. That's the problem with top teams in the FCIAC, sometimes they cancel each other out and Fitch, Ledyard, Hand, or Ansonia get #1 in the Poll.
Lol what are you talking about? Ledyard has never finished #1 and Fitch has been #1 twice since 1950

Reaction Score
Lol what are you talking about? Ledyard has never finished #1 and Fitch has been #1 twice since 1950
I was just picking name's not in the FCIAC, to make my point, but as long as you brought it up, I do recall Fitch getting the #1 nod or close to it in 76, 77, or 78, when they had Joe Addison. IIRC they were ranked #10 nationally. Ok wise guy? Lol

Reaction Score
Yeah but last year everyone said they weren't good either and they smoked all three teams they played in M. Idk what to expect
They're about half as good as they were last year. Brookfield, Berlin, Sheehan, Joe's and New Fairfield are all M teams I've seen play that are a league above killingly.

Reaction Score
They're about half as good as they were last year. Brookfield, Berlin, Sheehan, Joe's and New Fairfield are all M teams I've seen play that are a league above killingly.
Only team that can come close to giving St Joe's any competition is Berlin. Maybe Brookfield too on a good day.

Reaction Score
Brookfield gave Berlin a game though, 16-6. A long away game, I might add.
I finally got to watch the game. Berlin was very lucky to win that one. Brookfield had 4 or 5 turnovers in Berlin territory and dropped interceptions on a Berlin scoring drive. I don't know what happened but they had basically no turnovers all year, played North Haven and turned into a turnover machine. The stars just didn't align for them this year. Their QB of the future wasn't ready for primetime so their best WR had to play QB as a senior, they have a weak junior class outside of henderson, and the good class of sophomores were just too small still. They will be interesting to watch next season with Henderson back but basically all new junior starters across the board. They should finally be able to go back to the spread/power run combo though. I think the new coach will open up the offense more.

Reaction Score
Brookfield gave Berlin a game though, 16-6. A long away game, I might add.

That is such a Connecticut (and New England) thing to say. What's it, 50 miles between the two towns?

A colleague's son plays football for Loveland HS in Colorado, which is in north-central Colorado near Fort Collins. They were the higher seed in the second round of their state playoffs and hosted some high school west of west of Grand Junction. That school had a 5 hour drive across the Rock Mountains in November to get to a game that they then lost 43-7. A week later, Loveland had to take their own 5 1/2 hour tour across the Rockies to play Montrose in SW Colorado, which they won. Now, he's really psyched, even if his freshman son is not playing much, as Loveland only has to drive 50 miles south to Mile High (guess the old name is back now that Sports Authority had died) for the title game.

Reaction Score
I finally got to watch the game. Berlin was very lucky to win that one. Brookfield had 4 or 5 turnovers in Berlin territory and dropped interceptions on a Berlin scoring drive. I don't know what happened but they had basically no turnovers all year, played North Haven and turned into a turnover machine. The stars just didn't align for them this year. Their QB of the future wasn't ready for primetime so their best WR had to play QB as a senior, they have a weak junior class outside of henderson, and the good class of sophomores were just too small still. They will be interesting to watch next season with Henderson back but basically all new junior starters across the board. They should finally be able to go back to the spread/power run combo though. I think the new coach will open up the offense more.
They'll be back, the youth football culture in Brookfield is a good one and has always had good community support. Drysdale, Reich, and some others were part of a Pop Warner team that made it to the National semi finals or something a few years back.

Reaction Score
That is such a Connecticut (and New England) thing to say. What's it, 50 miles between the two towns?

A colleague's son plays football for Loveland HS in Colorado, which is in north-central Colorado near Fort Collins. They were the higher seed in the second round of their state playoffs and hosted some high school west of west of Grand Junction. That school had a 5 hour drive across the Rock Mountains in November to get to a game that they then lost 43-7. A week later, Loveland had to take their own 5 1/2 hour tour across the Rockies to play Montrose in SW Colorado, which they won. Now, he's really psyched, even if his freshman son is not playing much, as Loveland only has to drive 50 miles south to Mile High (guess the old name is back now that Sports Authority had died) for the title game.
That's what happens when you live in a state that has a population density of 2 people per square mile. Lol

Reaction Score

Old news in Jersey, though its the Catholic high schools that are the issue and not the Vo-Tech schools. Vo-Tech education for the most part is integrated into the regular public schools with a few exceptions, such as Passiac Tech. P-T is treated as a 'regular' Public school as they can field an array of competitive sport teams, including football, from the 3,500 or so students that attend. As for the Catholics, who swear they don't recuit (LOL), it got bad enough about 20 years ago now that they were separated into their own state playoff sections (Non-Public A and Non-Public B). In North Jersey, they have their own divisions (large and small) within the Big North Conference to separate out regular season games. Publics just can't compete with the Catholics in most sports, especially football and hockey (Lax will be next), as they draw in kids from all over NJ, NYC, Putnam & Orange counties in NY, and even eastern PA. The only cross-over between Public and Catholic schools is usually in the County Tournaments, which do no include football.

If I remember correctly from living in Massachusetts years back, they have separate leagues and playoff section for Vo-Tech schools.

Reaction Score
Class L Semifinal game between Hand and Windsor has been pushed back to a 3:00pm kickoff due to potential thunderstorms. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Class L Semifinal game between Hand and Windsor has bee pushed back to 3:00pm due to potential thunderstorms. :rolleyes:
I played multiple sports for 10 years and had one or two games delayed because of lightning. That's thousands of games, and it happened once or twice. There have been more games this football season postponed or delayed because of lightning than I can ever remember.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Class L Semifinal game between Hand and Windsor has been pushed back to a 3:00pm kickoff due to potential thunderstorms. :rolleyes:

“Wussification” indeed!

Reaction Score
And Sheehan has turf!!! Lol
jarvis looks terrible. these are old school football conditions. I don't like Ansonia but I hate Bloomfield. Hope you guys can win this one and lose in the final lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom