2018 CIAC Football Playoffs | The Boneyard

2018 CIAC Football Playoffs

Reaction Score
The 2018 CIAC Football Playoff Schedule (w/ polls)

Class LL Quarterfinals

• No. 8 New Canaan (8-2) at No. 1 Shelton (10-0)
  • No. 7 New Britain (9-1) at No. 2 Greenwich (10-0)
  • No. 6 Darien (9-1) at No. 3 Newtown (10-0)
  • No. 5 Fairfield Prep (9-1) at No. 4 Southington (10-0)
Class L Quarterfinals
  • No. 8 Bunnell (9-1) at No. 1 Hand (10-0)
  • No. 7 Maloney (8-2) at No. 2 Middletown (9-1)
  • No. 6 Platt (8-2) at No. 3 Naugatuck (9-1)
  • No. 5 North Haven (8-2) at No. 4 Windsor (8-2)
Class M Quarterfinals
  • No. 8 Rockville (7-3) vs. No. 1 St. Joseph (9-1) at Penders Field, Stratford
  • No. 7 Wolcott (7-3) at No. 2 Sheehan (9-1)
  • No. 6 Brookfield (8-2) vs. No. 3 Berlin (9-1) at Sage Park, Berlin
  • No. 5 Cheney Tech (8-2) at No. 4. Killingly (9-1)
Class S Quarterfinals
  • No. 8 Plainfield (8-2) at No. 1 Ansonia (10-0)
  • No. 7 Haddam-Killingworth (9-1) vs. No. 2 Bullard-Havens (10-0) at Kennedy Stadium, Bridgeport
  • No. 6 Cromwell/Portland (9-1) at No. 3 Stafford/Somers/East Windsor (10-0)
  • No. 5 Woodland (9-1) at No. 4 Bloomfield (9-1)

Reaction Score
tough draw for Shelton. Hoping for a Prep win and then them hosting New Canaan on Sunday.

Reaction Score
Class LL - I don't see anyone beating Greenwich
Class L - could care less
Class M - I'd do some weird to get a St Joes/ Berlin Final. two great teams
Class S - Ansonia rolls

Reaction Score
Class LL - I don't see anyone beating Greenwich
Class L - could care less
Class M - I'd do some weird to get a St Joes/ Berlin Final. two great teams
Class S - Ansonia rolls
Hand is going to win every game by 4 TD's minimum. They'd probably beat everyone in LL except for Greenwich.

Reaction Score
Class LL - Greenwich, they've been one of the two best teams in the state all season.
Class L - Hand, is the second, of the two best teams in the state all season.
Class M - St Joe's has too many weapons for the rest of the field and they're battle tested every year.
Class S - Ansonia, is a year ahead of where they should be. They're very young in key spots but they've had a lot of sophomores and juniors step up. Sucks that they could potetially play Bloomfield in the semis. That's probably the best match-up in the class, if Bloomfield can beat Woodland. Woodland is dangerous.

Feel bad for Plainfield. It's a long ride to Jarvis Stadium. Ansonia rarely loses at home and Plainfield doesn't have one kid over 200Lbs....yikes!!! If Ansonia gets into their "Hammer" offense (2 TE, double wing), it could get ugly early. Welp, at least Plainfield made it.

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Stafford is good at football?

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Stafford is good at football?
For 3 years now, after decades of being terrible. Been really good in the Pequot, got whacked by Ansonia the last 2 years in the playoffs though.

Reaction Score
Class LL - Greenwich, they've been one of the two best teams in the state all season.
Class L - Hand, is the second, of the two best teams in the state all season.
Class M - St Joe's has too many weapons for the rest of the field and they're battle tested every year.
Class S - Ansonia, is a year ahead of where they should be. They're very young in key spots but they've had a lot of sophomores and juniors step up. Sucks that they could potetially play Bloomfield in the semis. That's probably the best match-up in the class, if Bloomfield can beat Woodland. Woodland is dangerous.

Feel bad for Plainfield. It's a long ride to Jarvis Stadium. Ansonia rarely loses at home and Plainfield doesn't have one kid over 200Lbs....yikes!!! If Ansonia gets into their "Hammer" offense (2 TE, double wing), it could get ugly early. Welp, at least Plainfield made it.
I think you should rethink Woodland being dangerous. Lol
Bloomfield blew them into Long Island Sound. I don't know if Ansonia can beat Bloomfield, Bloomfield had a much easier time with Woodland than Ansonia did.

Reaction Score
I think you should rethink Woodland being dangerous. Lol
Bloomfield blew them into Long Island Sound. I don't know if Ansonia can beat Bloomfield, Bloomfield had a much easier time with Woodland than Ansonia did.
Lol...Woodland didn’t show up. I thought they’d put up a fight. They didn’t. Oh well. Ansonia/Bloomfield will be interesting. This is not a great Ansonia team. As I said in my earlier post they’re very young. QB is a soph, RB is a junior, very few seniors. Ansonia is beatable and Bloomfield has the weapons to do it. We’ll see.

Reaction Score
I'm rooting for Prep but I've admired New Canaan's tradition since I was a kid.

their win over darien to sneak in has given them crazy momentum. maybe theyre hitting their stride at the right time. i thought the 2013 prep team that lost to southington in the finals was better than this years team but we'll see. either way tonight had to feel good for them. i'll be there in my prep garb Sunday

Reaction Score

Though an old rival, I felt bad that Shelton's reward for being a #1 seed was playing againts pernenail LL/L power New Canaan. Ouch. I am surprised that Newtown was able to handle defending champ Darien. Maybe Newtown will have a chance against Greenwich, doubt it.

No real surprises in L, though I thought that North Haven would give Windsor a tougher fight. The Hand v Windsor semi-final is basically the title game there. That said, the other semi will have Meriden rocking as Platt and Maloney go at it at Falcon Field, which is sort of neutral as both schools use it and as it is located at Washington Middle (it was a decent grass field when I played several middle soccer games there way back).

Not going to underestimate Killingly again; but, St. Joe's will win M. The only way that Sheehan wins is if the the Red Coats and Cadets can't handle Bogan.

As with L, the semi-final between Ansonia and Bloomfield (back to the 90's eh?) is the S title game. I am not as surprised as others that Woodland gave Ansonia a harder time than Bloomfield. Ansonia and Woodland are two Valley schools whose kids know each other very well (cousins galore) and go to many of the same football camps.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Though an old rival, I felt bad that Shelton's reward for being a #1 seed was playing an 8 seed in New Canaan. Ouch. I am surprised that Newtown was able to handle Darien. Greenwich is going to win LL, though I will root for the underdog in Newtown.

No real surprises in L, though I thought that North Haven did not play Windsor tougher. The Hand v Windsor semi-final is basically the title game there.

Not going to underestimate Killingly again; but, St. Joe's will win M. The only way that Sheehan wins is if the Cadets can't handle Bogan.

As with L, the semi-final between Ansonia and Bloomfield (back to the 90's eh?) is the S title game. I am not as surprised as others that Woodland gave Ansonia a harder time than Bloomfield. Ansonia and Woodland are two Valley schools whose kids know each other very well (cousins galore) and go to many of the same football camps.
Sheehan has to worry about Berlin before they can worry about St Joe's.

Reaction Score
Sheehan has to worry about Berlin before they can worry about St Joe's.
Definitely. Berlin is really good, they beat Bloomfield 37-0 a month ago. However, Berlin's only loss was to New Britain who got steamrolled tonight by Greenwich.

Reaction Score
Definitely. Berlin is really good, they beat Bloomfield 37-0 a month ago. However, Berlin's only loss was to New Britain who got steamrolled tonight by Greenwich.
Neither of them are beating Joe's so it doesn't really matter lol

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Second week in a row that Middletown turnover the ball more and couldn't get back at the end. Solid season for a team that had a better season than expected.

Hand is the best team in the state in my opinion, but then again I haven't seen Greenwich play besides highlights.

Reaction Score
Second week in a row that Middletown turnover the ball more and couldn't get back at the end. Solid season for a team that had a better season than expected.

Hand is the best team in the state in my opinion, but then again I haven't seen Greenwich play besides highlights.
How can you say that when Hand has not beaten or played ANYONE in the top 10 all season!!! Greenwich has!!! New Canaan has!!! St. Joes has!!! Newtown has!!! The SCC sucks this year and has had a major downturn the last three years. Pretty sure the SCC is 0-4 this year against the FCIAC and Newtown. Also tell me how a crappy 6-4 team like Guilford can put up 21 points against Hand?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom