2017 UConn Opponent News/Notes/Info/Tidbits | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Opponent News/Notes/Info/Tidbits

Reaction Score
Speaking of UCF, I just saw that it hired Frank Verducci as an offensive analyst. Good for him I guess, but I do have to wonder, why?

Reaction Score
Speaking of UCF, I just saw that it hired Frank Verducci as an offensive analyst. Good for him I guess, but I do have to wonder, why?
For one, he knows the conference.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

It's kind of like when a kid gets every question wrong on the SATs and gets admitted to Harvard because he's proven that he must have known all the answers. Verducci is basically the football version of that kid. He was so spectacularly ineffective, so wrong at every turn, that he must have all of the right answers.

We also can't downplay the role that the civil conflict plays in the hire. Classic rivalry move to steal your opponents goods.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It's kind of like when a kid gets every question wrong on the SATs and gets admitted to Harvard because he's proven that he must have known all the answers. Verducci is basically the football version of that kid. He was so spectacularly ineffective, so wrong at every turn, that he must have all of the right answers.

We also can't downplay the role that the civil conflict plays in the hire. Classic rivalry move to steal your opponents goods.
I really think the offensive failures start with Cummings. I think he cemented the recruiting blueprint of the Diaco era for prototype bods rather than athletes and speed. And then collectively it was a failure on how to get the most they could out of their pieces.

Its amazing that there is not a Grad Assistant that do not have a better interview for this analyst position than FV. FV may know the league, but what good is that given how we performed last year. Anyways....

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
McKenzie Milton appears to have won UCF starting quarterback job

UCF coach Scott Frost said quarterback McKenzie Milton most likely would start the season opener against FIU on Aug. 31, but he stopped short of naming him the outright starter.

“Through the course of practice, McKenzie’s clearly been the best guy and he’s earned the right to be our guy at this point in camp,” Frost said of the sophomore during Wednesday’s football media day. “At this point, he’s running with the ones [first team] and if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’ll be out there in Game 1.”

Drew

Reaction Score
UCF coach Scott Frost wants more effort from tired Knights

UCF coach Scott Frost gave his team mixed reviews Wednesday after the second scrimmage of preseason camp.

“It was good, not what I wanted it to be,” Frost said during the team’s media day. “I think the guys are a little worn out from camp, but I need to see more energy from our team than I saw today. It seemed like it had a practice-vibe to it rather than a dress rehearsal for game day-vibe.

“We have a lot of guys giving us everything that they have and giving us great effort and attention to detail and we’ve got some other guys who haven’t figured it out yet. We need to get the whole team up to the standard that some of the leaders are setting.”

It’s not unexpected some players would be tired three weeks into camp.

“It concerns me and it doesn’t. We have a lot of guys doing the right things and doing what we’re asking. We’re scrimmaging. We’re going three, four deep at a position and some guys haven’t figured it out yet that [we] need to make improvements,” Frost said. “We can fix all of those things. The thing that needs to improve is enthusiasm and energy on offense. It was hot out there today, that’s no excuse. We live in Florida and it’s going to be hot. I want our guys to attack everything that they do and I didn’t see enough attack today.”

Reaction Score
The tsunami of crap that we witnessed the last few years begin and end with Diaco. I won't decide how the other coaches are until they've coached elsewhere for a few years. Having said that I can't wait for the first game. Go Huskies

Drew

Reaction Score
Temple getting close to a QB as well:

Drew

Reaction Score

2 UConn opponents plus 2 other AAC teams on this list...

Reaction Score
UCF coach Scott Frost wants more effort from tired Knights

UCF coach Scott Frost gave his team mixed reviews Wednesday after the second scrimmage of preseason camp.

“It was good, not what I wanted it to be,” Frost said during the team’s media day. “I think the guys are a little worn out from camp, but I need to see more energy from our team than I saw today. It seemed like it had a practice-vibe to it rather than a dress rehearsal for game day-vibe.

“We have a lot of guys giving us everything that they have and giving us great effort and attention to detail and we’ve got some other guys who haven’t figured it out yet. We need to get the whole team up to the standard that some of the leaders are setting.”

It’s not unexpected some players would be tired three weeks into camp.

“It concerns me and it doesn’t. We have a lot of guys doing the right things and doing what we’re asking. We’re scrimmaging. We’re going three, four deep at a position and some guys haven’t figured it out yet that [we] need to make improvements,” Frost said. “We can fix all of those things. The thing that needs to improve is enthusiasm and energy on offense. It was hot out there today, that’s no excuse. We live in Florida and it’s going to be hot. I want our guys to attack everything that they do and I didn’t see enough attack today.”

So he's babying the QB's and beating the rest of the team into submission. Typical former QB.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Nutile, Marchi and Russo.

Sounds promising - for us. When you have three QBs you have none....I think a wise man once said that...I dunno.

Reaction Score
Sounds promising - for us. When you have three QBs you have none....I think a wise man once said that...I dunno.

UConn game a long way away though...

Looks like it's btwn Nutile and Logan (thankfully no PJW).

Reaction Score
Thought it'd be worth it to compile news and notes throughout the spring/summer regarding our 2017 opponents into one thread.

I didn't realize Tulsa had this good of an offensive line. I think they're my sleeper to win not just the West but the conference as well:

Saw this recent AAC preview from college football news. Not many surprises. UCONN picked last, USF, first. So it should be. It would be great to shock the world BUT not sure we have the horses? Also losing Diggs and Levenberry hurt. Obviously we need some guys to step up!

Preview 2017: American Athletic Conference Rankings

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Saw this recent AAC preview from college football news. Not many surprises. UCONN picked last, USF, first. So it should be. It would be great to shock the world BUT not sure we have the horses? Also losing Diggs and Levenberry hurt. Obviously we need some guys to step up!

Preview 2017: American Athletic Conference Rankings
And here we are pooping ourselves thinking LBs and DBs were going to be a weakness. An "expert" says they're going to be our strength!:eek::rolleyes:

Drew

Reaction Score
not an opponent (until AAC Championship) but yikes. Hope they stay safe!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom