1st recruit Hurley calls? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

1st recruit Hurley calls?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
We are going to need more size overall for our guards. Right now we would have Ball, Diarra and Nowell all 6’3” or smaller. We just saw first hand for pretty much two years what happens when the smallest starter you have is 6’4” or 6’5” and can guard smaller players. So call it a wing or guard. We have seen JStew and he can be a wing. I think Ross is probably a better ball handler that JStew but defense could be an issue. Then you have AR who looks all of 6’8” and can shoot the spit out of the ball. Just playing what ifs. Hurley and staff are probably half way there on what they want the roster to look like next year. Not sure what CBB player would not want to play on a team with a chance to three peat.

I think it is going to be a fun off season. The only thing that would have made it better is if Duke was going through the same thing as Kentucky. But give Scheyer a few more years he may be able to make it happen. :)

Reaction Score
2014 was viewed nationally as a bit of a fluke. 2023-2024 is viewed as a systematic destruction of college basketball led by the best coaching staff in the country.
2014: "That's what happens when you ban us."

Reaction Score
2014 was viewed nationally as a bit of a fluke. 2023-2024 is viewed as a systematic destruction of college basketball led by the best coaching staff in the country.
With full continuity of said coaching staff.

Reaction Score
Good point- I was more thinking of the pre Joe Torre/Stick Michael era w/ Winfield, Whitson, Steve Kemp etc in early 80s before George took back seat
Kinda figured. And still, again that did them no good. Admittedly, one of the biggest free agents they signed was Danny Tartabull who helped turn them around and get them headed in the right direction. A lot of the free agent moves of the 1980s were fools gold. The turnaround really happened when Steinbrenner got banished for the crap he pulled with Winfield.

Reaction Score
Ball has been playing like someone that has decided to move on. Not saying he is; that’s just the vibe he is showing. When he does get into the game, he is shooting the ball 90% of the time. It could be Hurley wanting him to gain some confidence and telling him to shoot. It could be another Scotty Haralson situation. Ball seems like a really good kid but I am sure he has some frustration going from a starter to only playing in non-meaningful situations.

I’m guessing Hurley will really need to sell him on staying, just like he did with Samson this year.
Enough with this BS

Reaction Score
His body language has been bad. Even when cutting the nets.
My wife has said the last month or so he just takes shots anytime he has the ball when in during garbage time.

I don’t think he is happy nor over riding the pine after starting but once Castle was back he was shelved.

I truly hope Dan retains him
With all due respect I always have to laugh when someone references body language and what the players state of mind is by a few shots on camera. I saw Ball cheering for the team and excited to win a championship. if Solo thinks he could develop better somewhere else he’ll leave but I doubt he’d be pushed harder by another coach.
Also I may not be the best judge but I think Ball is a still couple years away from being a real impact guy if he becomes one.

Reaction Score
I love the improvement from Diarra as well as SJ. But they are both more impactful coming off the bench no doubt. Do not start them please!
Depends on their development, but I think Diarra can be a star. He is a magician with the ball

Reaction Score
This is what I thought in 2014. Never happened, and to this day I question why. And I know the penalties, academic thing, negative press and all.
Two dominant championships >>>>>>>>> a longshot run in 2014

Reaction Score
With all due respect I always have to laugh when someone references body language and what the players state of mind is by a few shots on camera. I saw Ball cheering for the team and excited to win a championship. if Solo thinks he could develop better somewhere else he’ll leave but I doubt he’d be pushed harder by another coach.
Also I may not be the best judge but I think Ball is a still couple years away from being a real impact guy if he becomes one.
He was an impact player this year while Castle was out. He had 13 pts in 29 minutes against UNC for crying out loud.

Reaction Score
I don’t think a lot of people here realize just how good Jaylin Stewart will be next year.
If there were more minutes for him this year, he would have played them. Really emerged as a nice safety valve. I also like Ross in the limited time he got. Diarra ended up eating all of Ball's minutes. Can Solo level up?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There's all but 1 team in the country who wished the had a "fluke" like 2014
Cut the crap

Reaction Score
He'll need to round into a player that can consistently play in the system Hurley has built. Maybe he's close. His play was pretty steady during the period when Castle was out, but Diarra pretty much took all of his minutes as conference play heated up. There's no shame in sitting the bench behind the BE 6th Man winner, especially as a freshman. Pretty much what happened to Hassan last year.

Reaction Score
I agree. I noticed how into it he was at all the celebrations. He was just a victim of being behind veterans this year. He will be great here.

Reaction Score
Winning back to back championships should entice more 5 star interest and top portal players. UConn has shown these past two years that a mix of the two is a winning formula. Time will tell.
Yep, worked for Castle. 1 and done and a natty to boot. Plus the unbelievable development from 1st game to the title.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
There's all but 1 team in the country who wished the had a "fluke" like 2014
Cut the crap
Seriously. Also we beat everyone in 2014. Incredibly hard path to the title, including beating the tournament favorite, Florida, for a second time.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I expect Karaban, Diarra, Ball, Johnson, Stewart all will be around next year. That's a pretty awesome 5 to build on. Ross too. He was a little too buried on the bench even early in the season and definitely late, but he has talent. Add in Nowell and Abraham (loved what I saw from him in the championship game) and you've got a solid 8.

Stewart needs to be more reliable from 3, but TBH I love the look of Ball's shot. I always see it online and expect it to drop. Roumoglou has a chance to be a sniper off the bench, and he's got great length and basketball instincts - needs strength. Singare has 6 months of work to put in on strength training, footwork, defensive post play, and he can be a major contributor. He's athletic and could take a big step up working in the program.

I think we need a high level portal center, another sniper of a shooting guard and McNeely. There's your team for next year. Final Four, here we come again.

Puparoni

Woof!
Reaction Score
We are going to need more size overall for our guards. Right now we would have Ball, Diarra and Nowell all 6’3” or smaller. We just saw first hand for pretty much two years what happens when the smallest starter you have is 6’4” or 6’5” and can guard smaller players. So call it a wing or guard. We have seen JStew and he can be a wing. I think Ross is probably a better ball handler that JStew but defense could be an issue. Then you have AR who looks all of 6’8” and can shoot the spit out of the ball. Just playing what ifs. Hurley and staff are probably half way there on what they want the roster to look like next year. Not sure what CBB player would not want to play on a team with a chance to three peat.

I think it is going to be a fun off season. The only thing that would have made it better is if Duke was going through the same thing as Kentucky. But give Scheyer a few more years he may be able to make it happen. :)
Love to see more of Roumoglou.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom