1st recruit Hurley calls? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

1st recruit Hurley calls?

Reaction Score
Alex, Hass, Solo, Slamson, Jaylin, Jayden, Singare, will be the first contacted followed by Nowell and Abraham. I think the coaches will want them to know their place on the team next year.
I recall reading that Singare was viewed as having considerable potential, but was still raw in terms of experience. Does anyone know how he was doing in practice this past year?

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score

this kid reminds me of Andre Drummond. I think he’s still 16 right now. Was a standout performer in the McDonald’s All American game and could play an even split with Samson.

Reaction Score
Flagg, but just to troll him. But it won’t be a call, just a text of him with the two trophies reclining behind his desk, ball cap on backward and a smoking a cigar.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Flagg, but just to troll him. But it won’t be a call, just a text of him with the two trophies reclining behind his desk, ball cap on backward and a smoking a cigar.

money-seinfeld.gif

Reaction Score
One of my inside sources has told me that Kasean Pryor from USF coming to CT is 80% a done deal already. He does have strong ties to home so is still considering choosing somewhere closer to Chicago, but I've heard if its not local it'll be UConn. He'd be a great start to restoring the front court
EvanMiya recently named Pryor as the most improved guy in the whole country in his metrics. 6'10 with really strong athletic indicators, strong shooting numbers for a 6'10 guy, and also plays physically (drew a bunch of fouls). Can even pass a bit. Went from not playing for 2 years at Boise St to juco to AAC all-conference snub.

Was a big part of South Florida going from terrible to best team in their league.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
With all due respect I always have to laugh when someone references body language and what the players state of mind is by a few shots on camera. I saw Ball cheering for the team and excited to win a championship. if Solo thinks he could develop better somewhere else he’ll leave but I doubt he’d be pushed harder by another coach.
Also I may not be the best judge but I think Ball is a still couple years away from being a real impact guy if he becomes one.
Ball has over the top athletic ability. He needs to get to campus this summer asap with whoever else is serious about next season. Two years ago AJ and Sanogo were the first ones there and set a standard. The NIL thing can be a real detriment to this if not done wisely. We need those with the right priorities. Our practices are legendary and that's where NC's are won. What I am hearing about our freshmen recruits is great news. Top notch defenders and "and one who can shoot the spit out of the ball" LOL. Go get some more hungry Huskies Danny!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
EvanMiya recently named Pryor as the most improved guy in the whole country in his metrics. 6'10 with really strong athletic indicators, strong shooting numbers for a 6'10 guy, and also plays physically (drew a bunch of fouls). Can even pass a bit. Went from not playing for 2 years at Boise St to juco to AAC all-conference snub.

Was a big part of South Florida going from terrible to best team in their league.
Watched his video, I see some Karaban in him. Little small for a 5 in the Big East imo, but looks athletic.

Reaction Score
I’m shocked that everyone’s saying Ball’s body language and attitude weren’t good. I’ve had conversations with friends saying the opposite. He always seems dialed in to the game from the bench, is quick out to high five after a time-out, etc.

As for the quick trigger (and trying to yam on people) in garbage time, I don’t blame him one bit. He’s a guy who started and is now sharing the court with the coach’s son. They’re not the same. Let the man eat.
Agree. I don't recall seeing any attitude issues with Ball. Maybe I just never noticed. I thought I saw him fly off the bench with excitement when the buzzer sounded and #6 was achieved. And during timeouts he always seemed dialed in.

Now if I were in his shoes, would I be disappointed after getting meaningful minutes when Castle was out and then losing what little he was getting when Stewart started filling what was needed, yeah I would.

Let's see how he responds. I hope he comes back, works hard and competes for a starting role or prominent one off the bench. I think he has a ton of talent that will be realized as he gets more meaningful PT.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't read too much into Solo's situation this year. These UConn rosters have been stacked and Hurley has clearly valued guys that have experience and have paid their dues. The improvement we saw in Hawkins and Bouknight from their Freshman year to Sophomore years should be a big part of these Freshman staying the course and sticking around for year 2.

Solo Ball Freshman year - 10 games started, 447 minutes played
Jordan Hawkins Freshman year - 4 games started 398 minutes played
If only Solo would get in the gym and add some size and strength. Relax JK folks lol

Reaction Score
Brendan Hausen would be intriguing too.

Maybe Nova and Rutgers can be our feeder programs. ;)
Another bonus with Hausen is he's from Amarillo, Texas home of The Big Texan. I guarantee he knows Sheriff.

Reaction Score
I don't know who you think is actually available in the portal at the 5? You said Dixon he only performed against mediocre teams but yet he put up 34 with 10 boards to pretty much single handedly beat future one seed UNC in the Bahamas. Dixon was the only one on that team who actually DID step up.

I'm sure the staff is kicking the tires on Goldin. We will see if they do with Ballo. Fit and culture is a part of this too and Eric Dixon is intimately familiar with BigEast basketball.

Dixon isnt even in the Portal officially but it looks like its heading there.

Replacing players isn't a 1 to 1 plug in type deal. We mold players to our system and our system gets molded to our players. In the last 2 years we've won a natty with a 6'7" center and a 7'3" Center. There is more than one way to skin a cat around here.
You'd have to be a pretty spoiled fanbase to turn down someone who went 34 & 10 vs UNC. How many did Hausen put up that came?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One of my inside sources has told me that Kasean Pryor from USF coming to CT is 80% a done deal already. He does have strong ties to home so is still considering choosing somewhere closer to Chicago, but I've heard if it’s not local it'll be UConn. He'd be a great start to restoring the front court
is This real? He’s extremely impressive, skilled in the little bits I saw of USF this year. Appreciate the intel @BIIIG & anything Else u might know on it. Not sure where he fits, is rail-thin like 6’10 and a shade over 200 lbs. Stood out each time I’d watch, fills up stat sheet In variety of categories. Would absolutely love him here If it fits.

Reaction Score
Karaban plus McNeeley is 11 guys. we’ve only had 12 guys under scholly the last year or two so I’m only expecting 1 more practice player like roumaglou at this point.

Diarra 30 / Nowell 10
McNeeley 10 / Ball 20 / Nowell 10
Stewart 20 / McNeeley 15 / Ross 5
Karaban 30 / Stewart 5 / Abraham 5
Reed 20 / Samson 20

30: Diarra / Karaban
25: McNeeley / Stewart
20: Nowell / Ball / Reed / Johnson
5: Ross / Abraham

Bench: Transfer / Singare

8 man rotation come playoff time with everyone averaging at least 20ppg just like this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom