1st recruit Hurley calls? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

1st recruit Hurley calls?

Reaction Score
Has Diarra indicated he'll come back? I know he was celebrated on senior day, but that doesn't mean everything.

I feel like Headband Hass could make some decent NIL money after what he just pulled in the tournament though.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Has Diarra indicated he'll come back? I know he was celebrated on senior day, but that doesn't mean everything.

I feel like Headband Hass could make some decent NIL money after what he just pulled in the tournament though.

I want him back so bad. Perfect guard linkage to get Nowell under his wing.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Vlad seems to be the most offensively skilled big to go portalling. Might not be a bad idea to also reach out to Adou Thiero for great D, physicality at the wing and 4. He could have a role as a connector, ball-handler similar to Steph.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I don’t think a lot of people here realize just how good Jaylin Stewart will be next year.

The players people are talking about aren’t
Jalen, Enoch, Larrier, and transfer Shonn Miller? I don’t remember any of them reaching star level, Vance was 16-17 transferred, was ok, but in those guys you’re saying it’s all his fault? He brought the previous team to a title. Those class ratings are often wrong and that one was.

Miller was an absolute stud

Reaction Score
I want him back so bad. Perfect guard linkage to get Nowell under his wing.

Nowell could learn a lot from him... any guard could. I don't think it's a surprise that Hass joined this team and we won two natty's. He's an integral part of the winning culture even when he wasn't playing last season.

He's obviously not the most athletic or talented guard we've ever had, but as a (bad) former player I can see he does all the little things the top recruits forget and Ahmad could learn from to become a star himself.

I've mentioned in the chat before, Hassan is constantly aware of where the referees are and what each guy is looking for so he can use sight lines to get away with shoves and jersey pulls. Has great chemistry with the bigs, communicates on the break to set up an oop. Things like that.

Reaction Score
Nothing has been said but I think it's known internally that Diarra and Karaban are coming back.

Have heard similar things, but after 2 natty's ya never know. I expect AK is back for sure. He'll go for 16/6/3 on close to 50/40/90 and get drafted in '25

August_West

Reaction Score
Nowell could learn a lot from him... any guard could. I don't think it's a surprise that Hass joined this team and we won two natty's. He's an integral part of the winning culture even when he wasn't playing last season.

He's obviously not the most athletic or talented guard we've ever had, but as a (bad) former player I can see he does all the little things the top recruits forget and Ahmad could learn from to become a star himself.

I've mentioned in the chat before, Hassan is constantly aware of where the referees are and what each guy is looking for so he can use sight lines to get away with shoves and jersey pulls. Has great chemistry with the bigs, communicates on the break to set up an oop. Things like that.

Hass' finishing rate in open court the last half of this season has been mind blowing and many of them are TOUGH finishes. He ended the season shooting the three (in more limited attempts) as well as anyone on the team at the time and is an absolute DAWG on the defensive end. He is also a great kid, and really mature. You can tell what a person is by the way they interact with children, and Hass is absolutely fantastic. He knows our system as well as anyone. We'd be really, really lucky to retain him next season.

August_West

Reaction Score
Vlad seems to be the most offensively skilled big to go portalling. Might not be a bad idea to also reach out to Adou Thiero for great D, physicality at the wing and 4. He could have a role as a connector, ball-handler similar to Steph.
I want Dixon.

Reaction Score
Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere...anyone confirm Kimani and Tom not traveling back with the team? Recruiting takes no break?

Reaction Score
Nova's center

Didn’t know he was in the portal. Not sure of the fit I mean he’s a nice player but always felt he was a 4. We have Alex and Stew there. I know he can play a smallish 5 but I’m not a fan of 6’7 C with hardly any ability to block a shot. But he’s a nice player tough call.

Reaction Score
Do people here really think Hass is coming back to come off the bench again? He's a nailed on starter assuming he's back.

I'll stop just short of saying the same for Samson but it's probably close

August_West

Reaction Score
Didn’t know he was in the portal. Not sure of the fit I mean he’s a nice player but always felt he was a 4. We have Alex and Stew there. I know he can play a smallish 5 but I’m not a fan of 6’7 C with hardly any ability to block a shot. But he’s a nice player tough call.
Sanogo was a 6’7” center and not a shot blocker. Could you imagine Dixon in our offense with the ball up high being a shooting threat in addition to passing? Hurley would make that work. Kid is tough inside and out.

Reaction Score
One of my inside sources has told me that Kasean Pryor from USF coming to CT is 80% a done deal already. He does have strong ties to home so is still considering choosing somewhere closer to Chicago, but I've heard if its not local it'll be UConn. He'd be a great start to restoring the front court

Reaction Score
He's generally blah against good teams with size and or strength, though he had a big game here and there. He's fine against average competition. We can do much better than him in our starting lineup.

Reaction Score
Hass' finishing rate in open court the last half of this season has been mind blowing and many of them are TOUGH finishes. He ended the season shooting the three (in more limited attempts) as well as anyone on the team at the time and is an absolute DAWG on the defensive end. He is also a great kid, and really mature. You can tell what a person is by the way they interact with children, and Hass is absolutely fantastic. He knows our system as well as anyone. We'd be really, really lucky to retain him next season.
Incredible turnaround from last when whether I wanted UCONN to retain him or Alleyne was a coin flip decision.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom