WVU BE settlement rumors starting to surface.... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

WVU BE settlement rumors starting to surface....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If the B12 invited WVU, UConn, Cincy, Rutgers and Ville would that solve the problem?

Would they invite UConn in that scenario or would they prefer USF?

Please folks. Stop it w/ this crap. The big 12 is up ts creek, and WVU is holdingthe paddle. They are going to try anything to give the appearance of a viable, stable confernce. They are NOT.

I know that the ESPN empire has done nothing to talk about what has happened this week with Big East football, but the fact that the Naval Academy just gave up independence to join the Big East for football, is GINORMOUS.

THe exit fee from the big east now for any football program is $10mill. The league stands to have a full slate of membership of 12 teams, with legal rigth to WVU's scheduling through 2013, with two divisions east/west and a championship game in New York City.

If WVU manages to buy out, it will put multiple millions of dollars into the big east programs pockets, and there will be room to fill on the schedule for a year.

THe league on Tue, made it clear that expansion is not over.

Big East football programs are going nowhere anymore, and the big east is going to get stronger than ever, and that conference that Notre Dame would/will eventually end up in? Just became much more likely to be the Big East. ESPN isn't going to want anyone to grasp that.

I don't know how else to say it. The leadership at the Naval Academy is not going to agree to join a conference - ANY conference, unless they have done their homework, and done it well. The Naval Academy and the big east have been looking at joining for longer than UConn has been playing 1-A football.

The concept that Navy would eventually join a conference for football is not new, they've been looking at it for a long time. The fact they chose the big east for their football home speaks volumes - the most important is that theyv'e got confidence that the leadership will put top value on football, and if the Naval Academy think the big east finally gets the importance of football - thn you know what ...

EVERYBODY knows that the big east FINALLY gets the importance of football. We've got some of the best leadership inthe country in this athletic conference, and they're finally in line where tey need to be with priorities. We're goign to be just fine mving forward.

WVU, Cuse and Pitt made their beds. They're not going to want to lay there when this is all done, but you live with what you do.

Reaction Score
Please folks. Stop it w/ this crap. The big 12 is up ts creek, and WVU is holdingthe paddle. They are going to try anything to give the appearance of a viable, stable confernce. They are NOT.

I know that the ESPN empire has done nothing to talk about what has happened this week with Big East football, but the fact that the Naval Academy just gave up independence to join the Big East for football, is GINORMOUS.

THe exit fee from the big east now for any football program is $10mill. The league stands to have a full slate of membership of 12 teams, with legal rigth to WVU's scheduling through 2013, with two divisions east/west and a championship game in New York City.

If WVU manages to buy out, it will put multiple millions of dollars into the big east programs pockets, and there will be room to fill on the schedule for a year.

THe league on Tue, made it clear that expansion is not over.

Big East football programs are going nowhere anymore, and the big east is going to get stronger than ever, and that conference that Notre Dame would/will eventually end up in? Just became much more likely to be the Big East. ESPN isn't going to want anyone to grasp that.

I don't know how else to say it. The leadership at the Naval Academy is not going to agree to join a conference - ANY conference, unless they have done their homework, and done it well. The Naval Academy and the big east have been looking at joining for longer than UConn has been playing 1-A football.

The concept that Navy would eventually join a conference for football is not new, they've been looking at it for a long time. The fact they chose the big east for their football home speaks volumes - the most important is that theyv'e got confidence that the leadership will put top value on football, and if the Naval Academy think the big east finally gets the importance of football - thn you know what ...

EVERYBODY knows that the big east FINALLY gets the importance of football. We've got some of the best leadership inthe country in this athletic conference, and they're finally in line where tey need to be with priorities. We're goign to be just fine mving forward.

WVU, Cuse and Pitt made their beds. They're not going to want to lay there when this is all done, but you live with what you do.

They are simple questions Carl. If the B12 can legally collapse the Big East then they may need to. If they can't, then it isn't an option. I am not being irrational or dramatic, just simply asking if it would do the trick. Do you know?

I personally don't want to go to the B12 and I am quietly optimistic about the NBE. However, if the B12 is desperate for a solution and the above is a solution, you can't rule it out.

Reaction Score
Do you seriously think that Notre Dame would allow the collapse of the Big East conference by the Big 12 conference leadership? Or that the leadership at the U.S. Naval Academy would at this point in time? THat they're capable of finding a way to engineer the desturction of the big east? Not happening, especially not, if the opinions I've gotten from trusted people regarding the strength of the legal actions that have been taken on the part of WVU,and how the exit of Missouri and A&M were handled are any indication of what the Big 12 is capable of doing.

Look, here's my opinion, the only people out there that are/were legitimately capable of the destruction of the big east are,in no particular order - Delany, the people out on the west coast, and our leadership right there in Providence, and it could have easily been done in September 2011.

Hell, we wanted out. I've advocated for a split from the big east of football schools for at least 10 years, based on the single fact that the priorities were out of whack in Providence. If the priorities were to change, I'd be all for remaining in the hybrid big east. I believe, whole heartedly that they have, and I have no doubt the Big East is going to thrive now.

Don't you think that if Swofford, or the SEC or the Big 12 were capable they would have done it by now? The big east was never weaker than where it was in 2003, and they couldn't do it then, and the couldn't do it now.

Delaney anbd the big 10, and the guys out west? More than capable of it, but what the hell interest do they have in that? None.

Reaction Score
Well, 1994 and 2003, toss up between which year was closer to the breakup of the big east along football/basketball lines.

Reaction Score
I hate that analogy. It's cheap, all heat and no light. Y'know some say Chamberlain took one for the team. England was in no position to take on Germany at that that point. He bought time until they were in position to defend themselves.

I'll bite.

As unprepared as Britain and France may have seemed at the time ... the Germans left the Siegfried line pretty thin while pummelling Poland. The time to strike was early, fast, and hard ... the best opportunity they would have for 6 years if they could have comprehended the need for speedy decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom