WVU BE settlement rumors starting to surface.... | The Boneyard

WVU BE settlement rumors starting to surface....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Perusing a few boards, seems to be some new chatter that WVU and the BE are settling, and WVU is in the B12 next season. A few tweets from swaim and others, along with those always reliable "I heard it from an insider" posts on multiple B12 boards. I guess Okis St is releasing their ticket package, and it includes WVU. Posts are stating the "settlement is anywhere between $12.5 and $25 million paid over a couple of years.

No idea how "official" it is, or if it's complete b.s. We'll find out soon enough I guess. If there was a settlement, hopefully The BE got some hom and home series lined up, or at the very least a scheduling arrangement for this coming season. Everyone will be scrambling to add a game, and for us it would be a home game.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The smart thing would be for the BE to do nothing until the BCS format is figured out. Of course, that would be the first time the BE did something smart.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Why would the Big East settle? What leverage does WVU have? I don't buy this rumor at all.

Reaction Score
SU board post by Rlbees, saying BE settled with WVU for 24 million. We will see. Who could we add for next year?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Cha-CHING!

The Big East scores another realignment payday! Can you say big winner?!

The days of the Providence women's archery team buying generic feminine hygiene products are over! Buy from the top shelf, ladies!

Time to bite into our cyanide capsules now, gentlemen. There's no need for further suffering.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
SU board post by Rlbees, saying BE settled with WVU for 24 million. We will see. Who could we add for next year?
Temple? None of the already invited can do it for next year, I would think. I may be done with college sports.

Reaction Score
Settling with WVU would open the door for Spitt and Sara if they wanted to bolt. No way The Beast settles. If this is true all I can say is .....Wow

Reaction Score
Well that would be like 72 million in the BE coffers. Could probably help teams buy out of their present conferences for half that.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Grab your sneakers, boys, the Boneyard is playing Big East football next year.

I'm going to be the quarterback because, well, it's my idea.

Reaction Score
Good grief. 24 million? After you divide that bout amongst the 50 some odd schools that are in the Big East, we may owe WVU money.

Reaction Score
To add to the rumors......

- Some of that money is money already owed to WVU by the BE, WVU will only pay 5 mil for the next 2 years
- Boise State would come in and take over WVU's BE scheule
- The B12 is actively after FSU

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

- Some of that money is money already owed to WVU by the BE, WVU will only pay 5 mil for the next 2 years
I highly doubt the BE owes WV over 10 million in tournament credits and bowl fees.

Reaction Score
I highly doubt the BE owes WV over 10 million in tournament credits and bowl fees.

The rumor mill is all over the place on the numbers, so if it ends up being 17mil, 2.5 already paid, plus 5 mil in each of the next two years and the gets to 17 mil, then maybe the math works. There are no facts or truth at this point.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The rumor mill is all over the place on the numbers, so if it ends up being 17mil, 2.5 already paid, plus 5 mil in each of the next two years and the gets to 17 mil, then maybe the math works. There are no facts or truth at this point.
That's for sure. IIRC one of the issues preventing the football schools from splitting was leaving the earned basketball credits behind.

Reaction Score
I continue to hold to the theory that WVA will leave now, pay later.

Reaction Score

I saw this same scenario play out in a dream. And then I tweeted about it, since I am posting about it here, that means that can be confirmed rumor, that has appeared in two places on the Internet.

Reaction Score
I saw this same scenario play out in a dream. And then I tweeted about it, since I am posting about it here, that means that can be confirmed rumor, that has appeared in two places on the Internet.

So this means I can quote you as a source? "Cougar Says Broncos to Big East in 2012." Nice ring to it.

Reaction Score
Big 12 would open itself to the possibility of a major lawsuit...if not more under that scenario.

Reaction Score
This rumor better stay as a rumor. If not, then it's APPEASEMENT DNA like that of Neville Chamberlain ie, weakness, cowardice and yellowbellies.

Reaction Score
Grab your sneakers, boys, the Boneyard is playing Big East football next year.

I'm going to be the quarterback because, well, it's my idea.
At a powerful and explosive 6'6" 250 (your sig line) with spider man like agility, 7% body fat, strength-to-mass ratio of 88.4, 4.25 forty, 20/18 vision and a hairtrigger release...

can I be your agent?

You're a BMF, Fishy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member