Wolf arrested/suspended? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Wolf arrested/suspended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
March 20 ends the season for him, no?

w/t/h is 'family relations'?? He is not married to this woman, is he??

You don't have to be married. It deals with domestic violence and other situations.

Reaction Score
That should end his year. I don't see any way Ollie would let him play unless/until the matter is resolved in his favor.

AmoreCourant 1:13pm via Safari on iOS
#uconnmen update on Enoch wolf ... Arraigned monday http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-uconn-enosch-wolf-court-0214-20130213,0,94113.story

"A judge issued a protective order on behalf of the woman. Wolf was also accepted into the court's domestic violence diversion program. If he successfully completes the program, the charges against him could be dropped."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The combination of bad quotation, italics, missing words, and so on made you post difficult to read, but I believe I've ferreted out your point, which you repeated in the above quote, eliminating all doubt that this is what your originally meant.

You are wrong. Police make factual determinations every time they go out on a call. There are thousands of situations a day where they get called in and they interview people. They don't take people at their word. After all, everybody is a liar. They interview whoever they believe is relevant, and who is available, they try to figure out what the truth is regarding what happened, and then, if appropriate, they charge/cite.

Your thesis that cops hear an allegation and then charge/cite is just inaccurate, and it smacks of somebody who has little or no interaction with LEOs and/or the judicial system.

The Internet, where 3,000 posts empowers you to play Matlock.

Yawn. Of course the police make factual determinations every time they go out on a call. The point, once again, is that the charges filed were appropriate given the circumstances. That's point you keep avoiding. Instead you keep arguing against the straw man assertion that only you made - that the police do zero investigation. No one believes that, but if makes you feel important to say it isn't true, feel free.

The Internet, where people get a little too invested in their personas rather than truly trying to provide "Perspective."

CL82

Reaction Score
He completes family relations and the case is stricken from the record unless someone presses assault charges. In other words, he is clear if he completes the program and doesn't violate the protective order (Miles).

He may very well be reinstated soon.
I doubt that he'll play again until he completes the program and the charges are dropped. I hope his attorney has made it clear, that no contact means no contact, including by phone.

Reaction Score
I doubt that he'll play again until he completes the program and the charges are dropped. I hope his attorney has made it clear, that no contact means no contact, including by phone.

With partial protective orders you can usually still communicate with each other but it prohibits a person from doing anything already illegal to a defendant (stalking, harassing, etc) - with full protective orders you arent able to have any contact at all.

Reaction Score
With partial protective orders you can usually still communicate with each other but it prohibits a person from doing anything already illegal to a defendant (stalking, harassing, etc) - with full protective orders you arent able to have any contact at all.

I think the partial order refers to a campus community where contact with one another may be coincidental."You can't come with 100 yards of her." "But I have a class next door!!"

CL82

Reaction Score
The Miles event has left me gun shy. As it turns out it was for best.

Reaction Score
The definition for 'domestic' is wierd.
It includes roomates, father vs. son, boyfriend girlfriend, all that kind of stuff. You have to go to counseling, and then charges get dismissed. You have to want to go to counseling of course, and you have to participate . . . it's a great program.

Reaction Score
It includes roomates, father vs. son, boyfriend girlfriend, all that kind of stuff. You have to go to counseling, and then charges get dismissed. You have to want to go to counseling of course, and you have to participate . . . it's a great program.

And it saves a ton of money. Believe it or not, some of these people tend to call the police all the time for conflict resolution, like arguments over who controls the TV remote.

This is why police are of the mind to just let the courts settle it when something like this happens. They rarely assess situations as they would in other possible crimes. It's the same thing when a cop shows up for a fender-bender. They really want no part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom