WNBA Draft (merged) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

WNBA Draft (merged)

Reaction Score
I feel bad for Kitley
This. I was hoping she'd slip to Phoenix. Team that desperately needs to get younger and could probably stash her somehow. Idk how Vegas had like 23 picks. They are gonna make a lot of cuts.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This. I was hoping she'd slip to Phoenix. Team that desperately needs to get younger and could probably stash her somehow. Idk how Vegas had like 23 picks. They are gonna make a lot of cuts.
No first round pick, 3 in the second round.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Phoenix finally gets a pick, Charisma Osborne.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Leilani Correa Indiana
McKenzie Forbes LA
Jaz Shelley Phoenix
Nastja Claessens Washington
Kiki Jefferson Minnesota

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Agreed. Ironically, I'd say she has a better chance with LV than one of the weaker teams.

She won't be afraid to get on any of the stars if they need 'encouragement.' She's a coach in the making.
I like all 3 of their picks. Players that could potentially help them, if they can make the cut.

Reaction Score
Leilani Correa Indiana
McKenzie Forbes LA
Jaz Shelley Phoenix
Nastja Claessens Washington
Kiki Jefferson Minnesota
Her team was never great but as a UConn fan Leilani Correa would kill us when she was at Saint John's. Honestly Caroline Ducharme keeping up with her as a freshman made me a
Ducharme stan. Anyways she did her thing at Florida the past couple years, glad she got drafted.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Out of order, but also Matilde Villa to Atlanta, Kaitlyn Davis to New York and Angel Jackson to Las Vegas.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Both can ball. Imagine ur Jacy Sheldon and u have Ashley Owusu going at u. Dallas has talent for sure. IDK who their 12 will b
Looks like they were really committed to adding back court players, figured they had plenty up front already.

Reaction Score
I couldn't be happier to see AE and Nika go on to the next level of basketball and fully enter the adulthood club. Watching them is kind of like sending your kids off to college - proud but sad too.

Between last year and this year there was no doubt that AE would go pretty high in the W draft. Nika was a different story. Even among Boneyarders there was always a lot of chatter as to whether she'd stay a starter. She did and willed her way into the WNBA. One tough young woman.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
#17 Esmery Martinez to New York
#18 Kate Martin to Las Vegas (did ANYBODY have her on a draft board?!)
I don’t think so, but not a bad choice. Mid 2nd round picks don’t usually stick but Martin’s a work horse and had a really nice tournament and showed off some ability to create vs UCONN which GMs probably recognized. Similar to Muhl’s stock going up for playing so well in the Final Four.

Reaction Score
When I looked a few years ago, picks after the middle of the 2nd round had a very low likelihood of making a roster. I think teams go more creative with their picks at that point, seeing if a longshot can work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom