WNBA Draft (merged) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

WNBA Draft (merged)

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Congrats to Aaliyah and Nika. Husky Warriors who left it all on the court every night for four years. Restored the Huskies to the final four and on the path for #12. They will both own a piece of Husky success in the coming years. Wish them both all the best in the W.

Reaction Score
The season is finally over now that Aaliyah and Nika are well settled. Now I can rest.

It’s the beginning of new challenges for them and a new phase of their careers. And new things for all of us to celebrate with them.

Well done, Aaliyah!
Well done, Nika!

We are all very proud of you!

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Morning-after thoughts: Kudos to Nika and her impending move to the Left Coast.

As per the coughing jags re: the Liberty. I watched Ole Miss twice in the NCAA's: first against Marquette, then (obviously) against the Fighting Irish. For the world I couldn't remember her, so I went back to the stats:
  • 1-8 against Marquette for 4 pts total against Marquette
  • 2-11 against Notre Dame for 6 pts.

This might be a case of overthinking/wish fulfillment (she's tall and athletic and Ole Miss plays swarming defense). ,,,,
liberty have a poor track draft record, though they somehow managed to 'discover' sabrina ;)

Reaction Score
Not to be that guy as draft day is always fun, but it's always tough to see many of these players get cut a few weeks later. Teams social medias take advantage of the hype and the popularity of the women's tournament and then those same teams cut ur favorite college star. It's the nature of the sport. I do think Nika has a good shot at making the roster but it's not a slam dunk.
A couple of questions here from a novice in understanding the world after the draft for these selections. (1) If Clark is going to get only $75K (roughly) what would someone like Nika make? (2) Storrs is far enough away from home for her, what would another 2000 mi to Seattle mean? and (3) What could Nika make playing in Europe starting off? Oh, sorry (4) what does being drafted mean regarding obligations to that team?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm very happy for both Liya and Nika. Now that DC has both Stef (again) and Liya, I'll be at some Mystics games this summer.

I loved the sisterhood demonstrated by several players. Several Iowa players were there to support Caitlin, and Kate Martin got drafted. Nneka, now playing for Seattle, gave Nika a big hug. Geno, CD, and Morgan were there to support Nika, whose parents are in Croatia. Paige and Azzi were taking videos of the event, and Paige started a "We want Nika" chant. Caroline and Aubrey were also there in support of their teammates.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
And the birthplace of moi! I actually grew up nextdoor in Verona but the hospital was in Montclair.
Mountainside? It borders two towns, so the adage is 'your're born in Glen Ridge (maternity), but could die (emergency room) in Montclair." Three of my kids were born there and I -- knock on wood -- have avoided the emergency room. ;)

Reaction Score
Mountainside it was. If Google Maps is right the line between Montclair and Glen Ridge cuts through a tiny portion of the hospital parking lot, with the entire building in Glen Ridge. Yet a Montclair address. The founders must have thought a Montclair address had more panache and talked the postmaster into it. I bet they pay taxes in Glen Ridge.

Reaction Score
I'm very happy for both Liya and Nika. Now that DC has both Stef (again) and Liya, I'll be at some Mystics games this summer.

I loved the sisterhood demonstrated by several players. Several Iowa players were there to support Caitlin, and Kate Martin got drafted. Nneka, now playing for Seattle, gave Nika a big hug. Geno, CD, and Morgan were there to support Nika, whose parents are in Croatia. Paige and Azzi were taking videos of the event, and Paige started a "We want Nika" chant. Caroline and Aubrey were also there in support of their teammates.
Don't forget Hana was there in support of Nika as well.

Reaction Score

I’ll look forward to reading your reports of the games on the BY.

Reaction Score
Mountainside it was. If Google Maps is right the line between Montclair and Glen Ridge cuts through a tiny portion of the hospital parking lot, with the entire building in Glen Ridge. Yet a Montclair address. The founders must have thought a Montclair address had more panache and talked the postmaster into it. I bet they pay taxes in Glen Ridge.
Hahahaha!! You guys! Mountainside. Montclair. Glen Ridge. Boonton. These are all place names from my childhood. I grew up a little further north in Bergen county, in Woodcliff Lake. Went to Pascack Hills HS. My grandparents had a farm in Morris county, in Peapack-Gladstone, with a driveway right on Rt 206.

I love hearing New Jersey town names — Glen Ridge Glen Rock Ridgewood Montvale Park Ridge Hillsdale Upper Saddle River — they love landscape names there. And the older town names like Teaneck Paramus Lodi. It brings back memories.

Reaction Score
Duplicate? I hope not.

@RockyMTblue2, thanks for posting this video. As I watch it, I find myself with happy tears for Nika. Bundled in a package of toughness, determination, hard work, and fire, she was the emotional leader for UConn, so I’m hoping that the W gives her the opportunity to be the same for the STORM. She is worth it. Go Nika! Go UConn!

Reaction Score
Similar to Reader's Digest. It is actually located in Chappaqua, but the Wallace's thought it sounded better for the address to be Pleasantville.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Were Geno and CD the only coaches seated at a table?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Sobbing ...

“I was so positively overwhelmed, and just having all of them around me — all my people in the stands, at the table, knowing that my family, my friends from back home are watching — it’s surreal,” Muhl said. “I’m just so grateful to be able to call them my sisters and my family and have such great support even though I’m not home. This is my home away from home. They are my home away from home.”
Auriemma and Muhl have a profound connection, bonded by the gratitude and motivation from what the UConn coach calls a “coming-to-America” mentality. Auriemma’s family immigrated to the United States from Montella, Italy when he was 7 years old, where he grew up without running water or electricity.
“Every single thing in the culture that he built in that program aligns with me and who I am as a person and who I strive to be,” Muhl said. “He’s not just my coach, he’s my best friend. He’s been there from the start. When I failed, through the worst things, through the best things, he always stuck by my side and never left. I’ll cherish that bond and that relationship that I have with him forever.”

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Good Q. I saw Mulkey, Staley, Bluder in the audience. It may have been a result of Nika not having anyone there except for her sister.
They could have sat with the Edward's. She hugged Aaliyah's mom.

Reaction Score

I loved the sisterhood demonstrated by several players. Several Iowa players were there to support Caitlin, and Kate Martin got drafted. Nneka, now playing for Seattle, gave Nika a big hug. Geno, CD, and Morgan were there to support Nika, whose parents are in Croatia. Paige and Azzi were taking videos of the event, and Paige started a "We want Nika" chant. Caroline and Aubrey were also there in support of their teammates

Reaction Score

And don’t forget her sister Hana was also in attendance

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom