Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMO I think the UCONN fans are going to be pleasantly surprised with Courtley E.! I think hurting her leg and missing more than a month really destroyed her freshman year! she'll start her sophomore year with a clean slate and will revert to her fantastic work ethic and shooting skills! Someone compared her to "Kelly Faris with a 3-point shot!" She's a coaches daughter and has a fine mind for basketball!
Don't give up on her too quickly!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Since this thread is still open I'm going out on a limb and saying Boykin is the 5th starter because 1) Nobody else is saying it 2) I don't want to be accused again of "forgetting" about her 3) If I'm wrong nobody will remind me of it-Yea Right!

Reaction Score
Since this thread is still open I'm going out on a limb and saying Boykin is the 5th starter because 1) Nobody else is saying it 2) I don't want to be accused again of "forgetting" about her 3) If I'm wrong nobody will remind me of it-Yea Right!

Is it really "going out on a limb" if you don't believe your statement to be true?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
IMO I think the UCONN fans are going to be pleasantly surprised with Courtley E.! I think hurting her leg and missing more than a month really destroyed her freshman year! she'll start her sophomore year with a clean slate and will revert to her fantastic work ethic and shooting skills! Someone compared her to "Kelly Faris with a 3-point shot!" She's a coaches daughter and has a fine mind for basketball!
Don't give up on her too quickly!
I hope Courtney surprises as well. Unfortunately the comparisonof Courtney to Faris may start and end with both being coaches daughters. Faris was an incredible athlete and her defensive technique & versality were immaculate-especially the moving of the feet. If not for the presence of Griner Faris could have won multiple Defensive POY awards. Courtney struggles with lateral defensive quickness whereas Faris might have been the best at it-Ever.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is it really "going out on a limb" if you don't believe your statement to be true?
Well,.... yes.... sort of, maybe. Of course my willingness to go out on a limb is directly proportional to how much company I have on the limb. You with me or Nah?

Reaction Score
Trying to tie CocoHusky and Rshermvikes together....Courtney is not the next Kelly Faris and Boykin will not be the fifth starter....however, by the time Boykin graduates she will be thought of as a longer, more athletic Faris....go back and look at her three on three tourney and you will see a player who is fundamentally sound, quick footed, team first attitude on offense and defense, high BB IQ and very competitive. She will make an impact on the program and the fans.

Reaction Score
I hope Courtney surprises as well. Unfortunately the comparisonof Courtney to Faris may start and end with both being coaches daughters. Faris was an incredible athlete and her defensive technique & versality were immaculate-especially the moving of the feet. If not for the presence of Griner Faris could have won multiple Defensive POY awards. Courtney struggles with lateral defensive quickness whereas Faris might have been the best at it-Ever.

I agree Courtney Ekmark has a lot of potential ...when she did come back she struggled. It might not have been just the "stress reaction" ... didn't she take off her senior year in high school as well?.... I hope she has been busy with basketball and conditioning over the summer.

Reaction Score
I don't think any of the freshmen will start at the beginning of the season but you never know what will happen January/February timeframe

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Trying to tie CocoHusky and Rshermvikes together....Courtney is not the next Kelly Faris and Boykin will not be the fifth starter....however, by the time Boykin graduates she will be thought of as a longer, more athletic Faris....go back and look at her three on three tourney and you will see a player who is fundamentally sound, quick footed, team first attitude on offense and defense, high BB IQ and very competitive. She will make an impact on the program and the fans.
I am SO hoping you are right, that it turns out well for her.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
As I have said before, I think a better comparison for Courtney is Mel Thomas, not Kelly Faris. She has a similar level of athleticism to Mel, and potentially a similar caliber of 3-point shot. She is not likely to make mental mistakes. One thing she does have on Mel is about 4 inches of height.

Mel did quite well and played many minutes before her injury as a senior. Whether she would have had that many minutes on the teams of recent years is open to question, but it is possible. I think Courtney can be as good as Mel (i.e., not as good as Kelly), and can eventually play as many minutes as Mel would have played on the current team (far fewer than she actually played during the lean years that she was at UConn).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom