Who are our starting five next year? | The Boneyard

Who are our starting five next year?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What position does Gabby play?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Some of us think Crystal will start, with Z being the first off the bench.

Here's a variant of the question:

Who jumps for the opening tap? Gabby or Z, if Z starts?

Reaction Score

I know Gabby can jump, but z is the center at 6'6 and I much rather have Gabby be in position to steal the ball if an opposing player has the ball.

Reaction Score
I think we all have to pray danger can be trusted to be our point. We need a balanced line up

Danger( if she makes a big progression)
Kia
Lou
Gabby
Collier

If danger does not progress:

Kia
Gabby
Lou
Collier
Stevens.

I would bank on gabby and Lou being able to help with ball handling duties.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Anyone wanna guess how many threads we will have about this before November??

Whole thread a thrumb scroll away!
I was just gonna say, I had to check the date/time stamp on this thread because didn't we just have the exact same thread about a week ago??

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yes but too lite on the ball handling.
If Kia nurse ever gets hurt we are in huge trouble

This will be a hotly debated topic ALL summer, with posters giving you chapter and verse why their choice is the correct/logical one. Last year, there were 3 openings that we had to try and figure out. This year, only 1. This should be easy. We do this every year. :cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I was just gonna say, I had to check the date/time stamp on this thread because didn't we just have the exact same thread about a week ago??

Yes, but it didn't have any legs (and died) because the timing was not right. The time is right now.

Reaction Score
Last week I had CD in as a starter, but I noticed vs Miss st Gabby did a lot of the ball handling duties. I think it's possible she does play and start at the point guard potion, I also think she'll still do the jump ball at the tip.

Reaction Score
This will be a hotly debated topic ALL summer, with posters giving you chapter and verse why their choice is the correct/logical one. Last year, there were 3 openings that we had to try and figure out. This year, only 1. This should be easy. We do this every year. :cool:

True true true buddy.

Reaction Score
That is some bad karma. BTW I disagree.

I respect your opinion.
I just think as of today Lou is not a great point guard type ball handler she's a three. I am very impressed with gabby and her improving ball handling skills. I just think we can be front court heavy.

Just my opinion.

Reaction Score

If Z tips it to Gabby, we may never lose a tip...

Reaction Score
If CD progresses on the defensive end, she has a great opportunity to start. I think that's where she lost minutes this year, and especially versus MissSt...

Hard for me to see how Z and Lou aren't in competition if that happens...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Gabby's ball-handling is pretty good, but ...

She brought the ball upcourt against the press, because the opposing player guarding her was the center, who had no chance of taking the ball away from her. If a pesky PG like William of the kids at Temple are guarding her on the dribble, I'm not sure that matchup favors us. KML was used to break the press in a similar situation (though she was a 3, not a 5).

Reaction Score
Let me ask differently:

Can Z outjump/outreach Gabby?
upload_2017-4-4_17-51-44.png

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Really - does anyone really think Geno will not start any of the returning starters.

It will be Kia, Lou, Gabby, Pheesa and Z. Kia and Gabby are the glue. Gabby led the team in assists. Kia is the #1 defender. This says nothing about minutes played and different situations.

First 2 off the bench will probably be Dangerfield and Camara. Not sure how the freshman will fit in all of this but I'm not going to count any of them out.

Reaction Score
Really - does anyone really think Geno will not start any of the returning starters.

It will be Kia, Lou, Gabby, Pheesa and Z. Kia and Gabby are the glue. Gabby led the team in assists. Kia is the #1 defender. This says nothing about minutes played and different situations.

First 2 off the bench will probably be Dangerfield and Camara. Not sure how the freshman will fit in all of this but I'm not going to count any of them out.
They didn't get it done. Hope there is open competition for all starting jobs. Dangerfield and Coombs should have a fair opportunity to beat out Nurse. Plus Stevens & Walker to beat out Collier or KLS, Camara to beat out Gabby, etc.

That said, my guess is it will be KLS, Collier, Nurse, Stevens and Williams to start the season, but I just hope it will be an open competition.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I absolutely agree that 4 of the starters--those returning--are locks if healthy.

I'm unsure on the 5th starter, but think on a 60-40 basis that it's Crystal. That said, Z gets starter minutes, as did Stewie, Kaleena, and Maya before they became actual starters.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom