What should we expect from Facey going forward? | The Boneyard

What should we expect from Facey going forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is KO still looking for him to start somewhere down the line? I know it was seen as a huge plus for us that he was cleared to play last season after eligibility questions, but then we really didn't get a sense of what the kid can do.

Reaction Score
If we can get Junior year Gavin Edwards level production(on a per40 basis) out of him and Nolan, I'll be thrilled. Of course that won't be easy.

Facey rebounded at a very good rate last year so I'm excited to see what he can do there.

Reaction Score
He didn't play much last season due to the composition of our roster. He wasn't big enough to man the center position, but both DeAndre and Niels were more effective at the PF spot because of their experience and developed skills.

While he didn't get much playing time last season, I did like what I saw in his game. He had a much better shot than I expected, and showed he can be a shotblocker and grab rebounds. He looks fluid athletically, and once he puts on more weight should be able to become a more effective player.

It's hard to give a projection for Facey because of his limited action, but I'm confident that with more game experience and time to develop his skills/body, he'll be a very good, starting caliber player for us.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
He didn't play much last season due to the composition of our roster. He wasn't big enough to man the center position, but both DeAndre and Niels were more effective at the PF spot because of their experience and developed skills.

While he didn't get much playing time last season, I did like what I saw in his game. He had a much better shot than I expected, and showed he can be a shotblocker and grab rebounds. He looks fluid athletically, and once he puts on more weight should be able to become a more effective player.

It's hard to give a projection for Facey because of his limited action, but I'm confident that with more game experience and time to develop his skills/body, he'll be a very good, starting caliber player for us.

Totally agree. I would also add that although it is not likely that he will give us the peak performances that we saw from DD (Iowa State, Florida in FF etc.), he will also not give us the poor performances like the first L'ville loss. I expect steady performance for 20 to 25 minutes per game, perhaps 7 ppg, 6 rbg, 1 bpg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't know about Facey. That one play where he was wide open on a breakaway scares me. He had no handle. Perhaps he can be a Marcus White type.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Rewatching the Final Four games, I was reminded that PN started as PF for us. I think we need a good jump in performancefrom at least 2 of Facey/Nolan/ Brimah

1) Don't pick up fouls at a debilitating rate
2) Offense We can't get cosistently get nothing from the #4 and #5. It will put too much pressure on our front court if we don't.

I think we will get improvement from AB & KF to accomplish this. I like PN's defense. Just not as sure we will get more from him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We've heard about summer progress for several players. Nothing, however, on Facey to date. Don't know if that is bad, or not. But, it would be nice to learn of his summer exploits.

Reaction Score
He'll start at the 4 this year by default. I think he'll be aggressive on the boards and maybe get a few buckets on putbacks. I don't see him contributing much in the flow of the half-court offense, and he'll be an average defender.

Reaction Score
Expect nothing. Just hope that he stays out of foul trouble and finds was to use his athleticism to be productive.

I think alot of what we get from him is going to be based on what we get from guys like Boat, Purvis, Samuel and the rest of the backcourt. I don't see us running plays for Facey, or putting him in any type of iso with regularity. Maybe clear out and post him every now and then but I doubt it's a go to tactic. That means he's gonna get what those guys give him. If we get out on the break he can be dangerous flying up the wing.

If he can keep the fouls down and prove he can dribble I'd be more than happy.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He is an unknown - he never put any meaningful minutes against quality opponents. He saw scrap time against bad teams. He could impress, he could be bad. No one knows.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what to expect from Facey - he's already 21, so perhaps there's not as much ceiling as there would be if he were an 18-year old rising soph.

On the flip side, he could have a James Sutherland-type career - Sutherland played under a hundred minutes as a freshman and then over a thousand as a senior. KF will be entering only his sixth year of competitive basketball and he is 6'9", so perhaps we have a late bloomer here.

But, basically, I dunno.

Reaction Score
8-10 points, 6 boards and 2 blocks. The second half of the season the light goes on and he becomes a solid contributor. As a former NY Gatorade player of the year I believe he has a high upside. We will all be pleasantly surprised!

Reaction Score
Lubin has played basketball since he was a kid. I think the 4 is his for the taking. Lets be real Facey is a 21 year old novice who's gotten by on athleticism.

Reaction Score
8-10 points, 6 boards and 2 blocks. The second half of the season the light goes on and he becomes a solid contributor. As a former NY Gatorade player of the year I believe he has a high upside. We will all be pleasantly surprised!

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but people always underestimate how difficult it is to put up numbers like that. That's about what Hilton averaged his Senior year, and better than that Boone put up as a freshman.

Reaction Score
I realistically expect 6 points, 4 rebounds and 1 block this season. I think as a junior those numbers will double though.

C

Chief00

I am told he did stay on campus much of the summer and put in the time as did Samuel , Brimah (given his injury) and Sam Jr. So if he doesn't succeed it won't be due to lack of work.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but people always underestimate how difficult it is to put up numbers like that. That's about what Hilton averaged his Senior year, and better than that Boone put up as a freshman.
Those guys are completely different than Facey. Facey can go outside and has a very nice touch. Boone/Hilton had no outside shot. Facey will be a stretch 4.

Reaction Score
Those guys are completely different than Facey. Facey can go outside and has a very nice touch. Boone/Hilton had no outside shot. Facey will be a stretch 4.

I'm not comparing their games, I'm just saying that I think you're underestimating how hard it is to put up that level of production.

Reaction Score

I think he will eventually be a good player at least I hope so. But Josh Boone was a great weak side rebounder and defender on a NC team as a frosh so yes, they are completely different for now! Not so sure we need a "stretch 4" as much as I'd like to see a real PF who guards, rebounds and just plays the low block like a man!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think Facey is the biggest question mark going into next season.

I think he could be a non factor like this season or he could surprise and even challenge for a starting role.

Boat/Purvis are a given in the back court.

Phil/Brimah one will start at center.

Hamilton likely takes a spot leaving either a 3rd guard spot open ( we'd be extremely thin up front) or a forward to step up. If Facey could be that man playing a Deandre type hybrid 4, it would be the best possible outcome.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I'm a fan of what I've seen from Facey in his limited minutes. He's a great rebounder it seems and can finish at the rim. Has great form on his jumper too with a soft touch. With the guards on this team he should have a lot of open looks and opportunities to be productive on offense. He will rebound hard but I don't know about his defense. Hopefully he makes a Phil like improvement which I can definitely see. I don't think we are going to have anything to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom