Westbrook | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Westbrook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are in a recruiting shutdown "dead period". Geno can not contact Westbrook until 5/13 at the earliest.

Actually this week is much more restrictive than a "dead period". In a dead period, coaches can still call, email, and text players. What we have this week is a week-long "recruiting shutdown" - when no contact of any kind is permitted. Gives coaches a week to take a vacation without worrying about who is chasing their recruits.

Reaction Score
I know it’s hard to keep up with everything on the BY. Last week I related that Westbrook was done with classes last week, was planning to spend a few days with a friend and was then heading back to OR, according to someone who appeared to know her and was posting on VolNation.
You’re right, it is hard to keep up. I try to do my best. Sorry I missed the classes are ending note. Thanks for posting.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She can contact him or even go visit him. He just can't initiate contact
I'm not sure that's correct.
The NCAA definition states:
A recruiting shutdown is a period of time when no form of recruiting (e.g., contacts, evaluations, official or unofficial visits, correspondence or making or receiving telephone calls) is permissible.

Reaction Score
A recruiting shutdown is a period of time when no form of recruiting (e.g., contacts, evaluations, official or unofficial visits, correspondence or making or receiving telephone calls) is permissible.
Why would any coach take a chance? the NCAA is so unpredictable. I imagine UCONN has already indicated interest or lack of interest, now Just wait until the recruit makes contact.

Reaction Score
Why would any coach take a chance? the NCAA is so unpredictable. I imagine UCONN has already indicated interest or lack of interest, now Just wait until the recruit makes contact.

In cases involving the recruiting calendar, the NCAA is very predictable and the rules are very clear. No contact of ANY kind this week.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would say it doesn't matter because I would bet the decision has already been made and all parties know it. It's now just about telling the other suitors and organizing the announcement.

Reaction Score
In cases involving the recruiting calendar, the NCAA is very predictable and the rules are very clear. No contact of ANY kind this week.
The last refuge of scoundrels is enforcing bogus rules.

Reaction Score
That's kind of silly. These recruiting rules were all proposed by the schools/coaches and were all approved by the schools in a vote. Not sure why it is bad to enforce clear-cut rules that the schools and coaches wanted.
Really ? A week of no contact? What does that do?
On second thought, if the kids wanted it I’m ok with it.

Reaction Score

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

I was wrong about the visit but a recruit can call at any time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89