"We're bulletproof" | Page 5 | The Boneyard

"We're bulletproof"

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
That changes nothing. "We're bulletproof: Elite offense, elite defense." That is what will be quoted.
At your age, why care what anyone thinks about the comment? You won't be around to suffer the consequences for very long.

Reaction Score
sdsu.JPG

Reaction Score
I'm just saying that Hurley's comment has no gone un-noticed. Not that it will matter.
Of course it hasn't. He's the coach of the #1 overall seed looking to repeat for the first time in 17 years. Every word he says will be printed, and parsed. Everything the opposing coach says will be directed by our coaches. It's the tourney

Reaction Score
Re:OP- It was a soundbite taken out of context of Hurley's intent to promote the narrative of the media who presented the "quote".

Reaction Score
Re:OP- It was a soundbite taken out of context of Hurley's intent to promote the narrative of the media who presented the "quote".
Yeah, I listened to the press conference. I don't think Danny said anything wrong. But just to be safe....Dooomed!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Wow you all are a sensitive bunch. Just because you['re] bullet proof doesn't mean you can't be poisoned or drowned...
Exactly, and now he's gone & told other people, so somebody's gonna prepare a non-bullet game plans, right? Was this a strategic blunder?

Hubris, distraction, and discord remain the greatest self-inflicted risks, and majority opinion here routinely dismisses that a message board impacts things.

The macho yentas who love cat fighting seem to demand their due. No shortage of experts in this zero-sum game.

Maximum impact tweets; click bait podcast titles; and bolded words in a Boneyard post all stir up the juices. New ways to fight amongst ourselves, with no positive possibility contained within such discussions. Expect it to continue.

I may have already posted most of this.

What better way to showcase the idiocy than to fall victim to it by promoting it by criticizing it and making fun of it?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Actually Hurley its not for you to say, even if you're in your proud/excited/happy papa moment.

Unless of course your bored and trying to make your game-play/opponents much more challenging.
"Hurley's Own Fans Critical of Him
This was last year. It was great at the time but we are now in 2024.

Stop trying to play hero ball and be part of the team. Please, throw out at least one Costanza quote to balance things.
If I could give the Bill Murray clip a Like, I would, so long as nobody thinks they're Bill Murray.

Reaction Score
"Hurley's Own Fans Critical of Him
If I could give the Bill Murray clip a Like, I would, so long as nobody thinks they're Bill Murray.
I watched Kenny Smith twisting himself in knots trying to identify our faults over the weekend. At first I was feeling offended, but then I remembered where I 'reside', and that all he has to do is come visit the Yard. Lots of material here to steal, albeit mostly inaccurate.

You already know our teams could have an undefeated and perfect season and we will find fault. I think the appropriate word is 'complain'.

Reaction Score
The new quote was, but he said it in on Thursday too. Interestingly it had no effect

View attachment 98215
This is a good quote and makes total sense and is not bulletin board material in any way. If he phrased it differently another time , this is apparently what his meaning was. I think this thread can now be closed.

Reaction Score
Originally it was presented out context, so there's nothing to argue about. Hope we're bulletproof on Thurs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom