"We're bulletproof" | The Boneyard

"We're bulletproof"

Reaction Score
Why Danny, why?

"We’re bulletproof,” UConn coach Dan Hurley said when asked about the teams’ dominant wins. “Elite offense, elite defense. Didn’t love the offensive rebounding today and didn’t love the second-half defensive rebounding but, again, 20 assists, seven turnovers, one player had 14-14-8, point guard had 20-10. It’s tough to lose when you have that level of quality.”

UConn rolls Northwestern to advance to Sweet 16

Dooomed!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Doom-Stooge.jpg

Reaction Score
It’s an expectation a standard of excellence. We need to be bullet proof the rest of the tournament now.

Reaction Score
We were so bad from the 3 and still won the game by 17. Let them score some garbage time buckets at the end to make the score look far closer than it should've been.

We're good baby.

Reaction Score
He is coaching a heavyweight team that has been knocking people out since April 2023. What do you say to a team when your biggest gripe is that they falls asleep when the margin of victory reaches 40?
just get out of the way and let them dominate.

Reaction Score
Self confidence is great as long as it doesn't become overconfidence. Bulletproof is not the word I would use though. It implies that we can't lose which is not true. If we were bulletproof we wouldn't have lost to Creighton. The best team going in often doesn't win the tourney. If anyone should know that it's us. Shoot like we did yesterday in the elite 8 or final 4 and it could get dicey if we run up against a hot team. Stay humble. We are awesome. The best team bar none, but I prefer to not put any more chips on the shoulders of our opponents. I'm sure coach is using a different tact with the team in practice telling them everything they did wrong and need to work on while also keeping them confident.

Reaction Score
Zero problems with him saying with what everybody else in the country is saying.
It’s a fine line, but there’s something to be said for the aura around this team. We had the same thing in the later rounds last year. We knew it, the fans knew it, the media knew it, and deep down, the other team knew how those games were going to end.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
A little too much swag for me. Even if it is true it's an invitation to opponents. Let the kids do their talking on the court. Notice the kids say "we are blessed." Pride comes before the fall. It might even possibly be used to the team in the locker room but never in the media.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom