"We're bulletproof" | Page 6 | The Boneyard

"We're bulletproof"

Reaction Score
It’s a quote or rzther phrase that begs to be taken out context regardless of intentions or true meaning . I saw the presser and the context but 99% of the times it will be repeated it will be by people who didn’t and most certainly without context.
When I heard it my immediate thought was . I wished he said that differently, we sports fans are a superstitious bunch.

There is an old saying ;
“Quoting without context is Pretext “
Unfortunately we live in an age where pretext. rules .

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Nope, illustrating the arrogance of those smug bastards.
I know, but IMO it still amounts to saying Duke wasn’t into it and the partying thing seems like a rumor anyway. I doubt K would let them get away with that. I know one thing for sure from having seen our 1999 team in person several times and a lot of “experts” totally underestimated how good and tough we were.

Reaction Score
It’s a quote or rzther phrase that begs to be taken out context regardless of intentions or true meaning . I saw the presser and the context but 99% of the times it will be repeated it will be by people who didn’t and most certainly without context.
When I heard it my immediate thought was . I wished he said that differently, we sports fans are a superstitious bunch.

There is an old saying ;
“Quoting without context is Pretext “
Unfortunately we live in an age where pretext. rules .
I understand and agree with you, but i don't think DH should go around self-censoring in case someone takes him out of context. Every time we all speak a few words could be cut and pasted to sound like something totally different.

"I hope my parents die no sooner than 100 years from now"
Headline: DH says "i hope my parents die !!!"

I hope he says what he wants to say. That's the coach that got us here.

Reaction Score
a little comic relief. Chris Smith used to get called for carries which pale in comparison. not even close

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
At your age, why care what anyone thinks about the comment? You won't be around to suffer the consequences for very long.

Holy, take a deep breath. Some people really don't belong on the internet.

Reaction Score
I just had a bulletproof coffee. It tastes like coffee with butter in it. It was actually quite good.

Reaction Score
For the boneyarders that have chosen to hide under the covers after the "bulletproof" comments:

“Well, what’s the alternative? To shrivel up? To turtle up? Your team is going to feed off your energy, your confidence, your swagger,” Hurley told The Athletic on Wednesday, the eve of his title-game rematch with No. 5 seed San Diego State in the Sweet 16. “It’s who we are. It’s the energy I coach with. It’s what the players expect from me. And you know, at UConn, you got this huge target anyway. It’s not like me being a confident man and coach is gonna create a bigger target. People are coming for us. We’re the champs.”

Reaction Score
We own Madison Square Garde____
Dan Hurley, March 2023 just before losing the New Big East Semi-finals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom