Welcome Kaitlyn! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Welcome Kaitlyn!

Reaction Score
No Way Omg GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

That would be epic!! If we just installed whatever press that works with the team and just open up the gates. I keep waiting for that moment to happen. I mean we did a lot of trapping in the halfcourt, which allowed the team to be aggressive at times but to turn it up a notch and go fullcourt with this athlete group. That would be nice. I just want us to be in attack mode from the opening tip to the end of the game. With the addition of Kaitlyn, it does allow us that opportunity.
Just picture starting the 2nd quarter with KK, Ash and Aubrey, maybe Morgan even, in a press.

Reaction Score
IMO its s threefold-- and as a result it impacts the perception of Kaitlyn-

1-- We have some old timers like myself that pre-Bird pre-Magic the NBA was dominated by bigs.
2-- Recency Bias - there hasn't been a super experienced perimeter player with a full team in a long time at UCONN.
3-- The title games South Carolina masked the massive injury issues UCONN had which leads to the misperception/recenly bias.

IMO someone like Kaitlyn could be better than KK and Ashlynn in as much if Azzi is/becomes healthy then UCONN could dominate from the perimeter and not the Iowa way with one player - but with efficient perimeter play.
Allie Ziebell, Azzi, & Sarah Stong are the best shooters on the team. They are lights out. Paige is just below them. They will be an awesome 3 point shooting team. They will beat teams by 40 regularly this year. ..They just need to rebound now

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
She is a fabulous addition to the team. I just shake my head wondering why people question this portal addition. Did folks question when Lou Lopez Senechal or Dorka joined the squad? Chen is an experience, intelligent point guard that will add to the team. It would appear that wishing for’a big’ or a rebounder from the portal is blinding the vision. Geno knows a thing or two, more than what I claim to know. The team made it to the Final Four with a four guard lineup. I love their chances next year. Chen gives the young people experience and poise. Look at what Lou did. Questioning Geno and his staff just continues to amaze me…
Not questioning Geno or the staff (well sometimes I do) but as of now the team's 2 quick fouls or an (The I word) to Jana from being an extremely small team with Ice as backup. Yeah they made it to the Final Four but thts never the goal for the team and you now tht. Neither Lou or Dorka had at least 4 or 5 others at their position behind them, both were desperately needed, would've been sooo nice to see Lou and Paige play together, I'm not greedy coach G... one Beers enuff. As far as questioning, it's OK to question and 2nd guess now and then, after all ...we aren't communist.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Welcome Kaitlyn! Great addition!

Thought experiment - if Nika had stayed and Chen had declared for the WNBA, maybe Chen would be the one getting all the hoopla in Seattle.

Reaction Score
Yeah they made it to the Final Four but thts never the goal for the team and you now tht.
Actually it is a goal of the team. They have goals to win reg season, to win big east tourney, to win the region. These are stated goals. And as you know the last three years tehy have had massive injury issues.

Expect Kailtyn to help UCONN keep pushing pace and hoepfully provide senior leadership as Piage will - just like what we saw from Nika and Aaliyah.

This Kaitlyn pickup can be another Lou. :)

Reaction Score
Allie Ziebell, Azzi, & Sarah Stong are the best shooters on the team. They are lights out. Paige is just below them. They will be an awesome 3 point shooting team. They will beat teams by 40 regularly this year. ..They just need to rebound now
C’mon man.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Actually it is a goal of the team. They have goals to win reg season, to win big east tourney, to win the region. These are stated goals. And as you know the last three years tehy have had massive injury issues.

Expect Kailtyn to help UCONN keep pushing pace and hoepfully provide senior leadership as Piage will - just like what we saw from Nika and Aaliyah.

This Kaitlyn pickup can be another Lou. :)
Regular Season
BE title
Make the tourney.....all are steps to the ultimate goal
The National Championship!!

Reaction Score
Yeah but believe it or not tht was 20 years ago, the game has changed
. Still the same fundamentals. What's changed is the Portal. If UCONN was healthy-- the overrating of height would be minimized because UCONN would have probably won a title/titles. There's a reason why Geno is going after Kaitlyn .She can provide consistency of fundamentals. The game is and will always be about fundamentals first. -- Which makes Kaitlyn so valuable. Then other things talent/athleticism/height all come into play after fundamentals.

Getting Kaitlyn just reinforces why the greatest coach in wcbb history tells us the game hasn’t changed much in terms of fundamentals.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It's good to be optimistic and I certainly hope you are right. However, Allie and Sarah have not scored a basket in Div I basketball and it is commonplace for freshmen to have their shooting percentages fall as the experience and adapt to Dic I basketball.

Reaction Score
The excitement and joy in Husky land is palpable. No portal signing has ever enhanced out chances at All-Academis status for our team than this one has. Hello

Elite 90 Academic Recognition Award Program!​

Reaction Score
Has this thread wound itself out yet or is there more to be agonized, theorized, realized, unrealized, idealized, demonized, individualized, immortalized, materialized and institutionalized? And maybe a few more "ized".

A) A commit from the portal is coming to UConn.
B) She is an intelligent and experienced player.
C) Geno who knows a hundred - no, a thousand - times more about basketball then any BY contributor, likes her.
D) We should be happy and move on knowing that Geno, CD and the excellent coaching staff know what they're doing
E) We should welcome Kaitlin with absolutely no reservations at all.

To Kaitlin: We all - yes, all, even the old, cranky ones, welcome you to Storrs, The Basketball Capital of the World!

Reaction Score
The poster has a valid point. However, if Geno talked to the team about bringing Chen to the team, they all may be good with it.
Don’t read to much into it. Some people’s thought process works from negative to positive regardless of the point.

sun

Reaction Score
I wasn't very impressed by Chen 2 years ago, but she really seemed to improve her execution last season.
She's matured as a scorer which will serve as a role model for the younger players & a catayst for them to improve just like Chen had to do.
I think that Chen can definitely help make UConn #1.
She's got drive, health, experience & athleticism which all adds up to being a great portal pick up.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
They are also goals. You win awards for each.
Yeah ok ur right....so if they accomplish the first 3 but not the win the NC...thn they've achieved the ultimate goal set for the team from the first practice of the year? Remember...WE ARE UCONN!!
not Ball St. or Tennessee

Reaction Score
Allie Ziebell, Azzi, & Sarah Stong are the best shooters on the team. They are lights out. Paige is just below them.
What are you smoking? Paige is the best shooter on the team. It is Azzi who is a notch below, and Allie and Sarah can certainly shoot but they haven't played even one second of a college game. To say Paige trails all three is crazy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom