Week of 3/4/24 Other Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week of 3/4/24 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The game I’m looking forward to the most today is actually Syracuse @ Clemson

Syracuse does not have a tournament resume. Not even close. Miserable Q1 record, 4-2 in Q2, and a bad Q3 loss. They’re an NIT team

BUT. They’ll get the media hype of being an ACC team with a big name. And tonight could give them 21 wins. Most of those 21 would be against bad teams (hence the bad rankings in all of the metrics), but the selection committee will give them an undeserved look if they win tonight and maybe an ACCT game
I just looked at tonight’s lineup and I take this back.

Providence @ Georgetown. The game I’m watching is to see if Ed Cooley can knock Providence off the bubble lmao

Reaction Score
Georgetown defense looks marginally better than usual but they turn it over a ton and really don't run a cohesive offense. This game is ugly so far.

Reaction Score
Carter is saving himself for Saturday.

I have to give Syracuse some credit: it's pretty impressive that they've won 20 games. Every time I watch them they don't seem to run any discernible offense that doesn't involve contested fadeaways, they're an absolute sieve defensively, and they all seem to hate each other and their coach. All things considered, a pretty remarkable year.

Reaction Score
I just looked at tonight’s lineup and I take this back.

Providence @ Georgetown. The game I’m watching is to see if Ed Cooley can knock Providence off the bubble lmao
Unfortunately, this game has been on one of my YouTube TV quad boxes because I bet on the 3 games its tied to, and man, both these teams just straight up stink.

Reaction Score
Carter is saving himself for Saturday.

I have to give Syracuse some credit: it's pretty impressive that they've won 20 games. Every time I watch them they don't seem to run any discernible offense that doesn't involve contested fadeaways, they're an absolute sieve defensively, and they all seem to hate each other and their coach. All things considered, a pretty remarkable year.
Quadir Copeland could be a guy for them

Reaction Score
Georgetown has gotten 3 wide open threes in a row but missed them all. Looks like Providence will close it out

CFJ has had a roughhhhh game

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Georgetown is the most inept offensive team I’ve seen in a while.

Reaction Score
Seriously, is there a worse home court than Capital One Arena?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Agreed. My most controversial take is that Goodman is actually good. Mostly. He can be a troll and is certainly a but I listen to Field of 68 regularly and he is locked in and the best part of the show. He is not the guy annointing and then writing off UK every other episode.
He isn’t close. Fanta, Oglesby, Childress, Hansbrough , Sweeney…. And 100 others better than Goodman. There is only one slightly ( if any) worse. Greg Waddell.

August_West

Reaction Score
At least half of the crowds every night are now visiting fans. There are literally 15,000 empty seats.
I’m sorry. You fokked around and found out with Cooley. I know you thought you were making right move. You weren’t. He’s a damaged goods disaster. If anyone recognizes that it’s us.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Apparently wake forest isn’t interested in the tournament either

August_West

Reaction Score
So here is a great example of “ unexpected joy”. Switching out of Loser Cooley vs. PC I ended up on the end Syracuse vs. Clemson. Now Syracuse fans with their 82 Net were convinced this week ( after alternately resigning themselves to the fact they sucked previously) that they would make the tournament with a win tonight. Catching that loss put a wry smile on my face . They’re toast.

…… but then! Right after cutting out of last bounce of ball of Cuse loss they cut right to the Pitt game who Syracuse beat twice this year. Thats their claim why they should be in. And I realized that Pitt will either make tourney over them with a worse record or they both are shut out, and either way I win!

It took me 3 minutes to catch my breath.

Planet Of The Apes Laughing GIF

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wake Forest losing this game would be great for the Big East. Down 8 at home to Georgia Tech in the 2nd half.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Wake Forest losing this game would be great for the Big East. Down 8 at home to Georgia Tech in the 2nd half.

Georgia Tech really sucks. Wake is going to have to punch itself in the face to lose this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom