Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
NC St hanging around with Duke at halftime. 33-30 Duke

Filipowski has barely played because of foul trouble

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Root for Texas to lose tonight. Helps BE bubble.

Reaction Score

This clown is doubling down on his ridiculous Indiana is more talented than UConn take. That should be a fireable offense when your job is basketball analyst

He explained it on a podcast where when he said “talent” what he really meant was something more like NBA-level athleticism, which makes even less sense

Reaction Score
He explained it on a podcast where when he said “talent” what he really meant was something more like NBA-level athleticism, which makes even less sense

I was about to post the same thing. Dauster jumped in and said “what Jeff meant was physically talented (athleticism)” and Goodman went along with it. I don’t think that is what Jeff meant and if he did, it’s silly to reduce a guy like Cam Spencer, who is exceptionally talented but not “physically talented.” Now more than ever, shooting is the top talent. But I appreciate these guys filling a niche with their near-nightly recaps and if you spend 20 hours a week talking hoops publicly, you are going to say some dumb stuff. Better to own it, but whatever.

Reaction Score
I was about to post the same thing. Dauster jumped in and said “what Jeff meant was physically talented (athleticism)” and Goodman went along with it. I don’t think that is what Jeff meant and if he did, it’s silly to reduce a guy like Cam Spencer, who is exceptionally talented but not “physically talented.” Now more than ever, shooting is the top talent. But I appreciate these guys filling a niche with their near-nightly recaps and if you spend 20 hours a week talking hoops publicly, you are going to say some dumb stuff. Better to own it, but whatever.
Yeah, I listen to the Field of 68 somewhat frequently and Goodman actually says a lot of really good stuff. He knows his business, but occasionally comes out with a really really bad take lol

Reaction Score
People piled on him, but that's the point he was trying to make. If you reduce the players to physical attributes and "pedigree", Indiana is on par or above UConn without Castle. Ware is 5* physical freak with a jumper. Mgbako is a 5* physical freak with a jumper. Malik Reneau has nice size and fluid athleticism and was a top 30 recruit. Kaleb Banks is a top 100 6'8" soph. Xavier Johnson is a 6th year who has been a major conference starter all 6 years. Trey Galloway doesn't move the needle much.

UConn without Castle is 2 veteran guards on the Xavier Johnson level of talent, a top ~60 huge center on NBA radar who is on par with Ware, Alex Karaban is a top 100 6'8" soph similar pedigree to Banks, and Solo Ball started that game and he's a top 50 freshman so < Mgbako from a talent perspective. You take Reneau over Spencer or Newton from a talent/pedigree perspective, but you take the other over Galloway. At the very least it's close on paper if you only consider physical attributes and pedigree. But it's not on paper and Xavier Johnson and Galloway suck, Banks has not developed into anything, Reneau is anachronistic, Mgbanko doesn't know how to play basketball and is just a collection of tools, and Ware is soft.

The point he was making is that Indiana has not done the player or human being development or scheming necessary to make their guys real basketball players or fit together. He's an Indiana fan who is not on board with the current regime and is contrasting what Dan Hurley has been able to do with his talent and what Woodson has been unable to do. It's a compliment to UConn and a drag on Indiana.

Reaction Score
People piled on him, but that's the point he was trying to make. If you reduce the players to physical attributes and "pedigree", Indiana is on par or above UConn without Castle. Ware is 5* physical freak with a jumper. Mgbako is a 5* physical freak with a jumper. Malik Reneau has nice size and fluid athleticism and was a top 30 recruit. Kaleb Banks is a top 100 6'8" soph. Xavier Johnson is a 6th year who has been a major conference starter all 6 years. Trey Galloway doesn't move the needle much.

UConn without Castle is 2 veteran guards on the Xavier Johnson level of talent, a top ~60 huge center on NBA radar who is on par with Ware, Alex Karaban is a top 100 6'8" soph similar pedigree to Banks, and Solo Ball started that game and he's a top 50 freshman so < Mgbako from a talent perspective. You take Reneau over Spencer or Newton from a talent/pedigree perspective, but you take the other over Galloway. At the very least it's close on paper if you only consider physical attributes and pedigree. But it's not on paper and Xavier Johnson and Galloway suck, Banks has not developed into anything, Reneau is anachronistic, Mgbanko doesn't know how to play basketball and is just a collection of tools, and Ware is soft.

The point he was making is that Indiana has not done the player or human being development or scheming necessary to make their guys real basketball players or fit together. He's an Indiana fan who is not on board with the current regime and is contrasting what Dan Hurley has been able to do with his talent and what Woodson has been unable to do. It's a compliment to UConn and a drag on Indiana.
You could've made that a lot shorter by just saying he's stupid.

Why is Goodman an Indiana fan? He went to Arizona and grew up in Massachusetts, he sure seems like a Zona fan.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I listen to the Field of 68 somewhat frequently and Goodman actually says a lot of really good stuff. He knows his business, but occasionally comes out with a really really bad take lol

Agreed. My most controversial take is that Goodman is actually good. Mostly. He can be a troll and is certainly a but I listen to Field of 68 regularly and he is locked in and the best part of the show. He is not the guy annointing and then writing off UK every other episode.

Reaction Score
Agreed. My most controversial take is that Goodman is actually good. Mostly. He can be a troll and is certainly a but I listen to Field of 68 regularly and he is locked in and the best part of the show. He is not the guy annointing and then writing off UK every other episode.
That's a hell of a take. Terrence Oglesby is a million times better than him.

Reaction Score
I find Goodman to be obnoxious on Field of 68, always talking over the other guys and being condescending

Reaction Score
The game I’m looking forward to the most today is actually Syracuse @ Clemson

Syracuse does not have a tournament resume. Not even close. Miserable Q1 record, 4-2 in Q2, and a bad Q3 loss. They’re an NIT team

BUT. They’ll get the media hype of being an ACC team with a big name. And tonight could give them 21 wins. Most of those 21 would be against bad teams (hence the bad rankings in all of the metrics), but the selection committee will give them an undeserved look if they win tonight and maybe an ACCT game

Reaction Score
That's a hell of a take. Terrence Oglesby is a million times better than him.

I find TOs judgement to be very clouded by his ACC ties. He is easily a better hang. But I think Goodman has the best read on CBB and is the least swayed by his emotions. My post had do.uch.ebag deleted so it’s fair to say I don’t think he is a great hang. But right is right.

Reaction Score
The game I’m looking forward to the most today is actually Syracuse @ Clemson

Syracuse does not have a tournament resume. Not even close. Miserable Q1 record, 4-2 in Q2, and a bad Q3 loss. They’re an NIT team

BUT. They’ll get the media hype of being an ACC team with a big name. And tonight could give them 21 wins. Most of those 21 would be against bad teams (hence the bad rankings in all of the metrics), but the selection committee will give them an undeserved look if they win tonight and maybe an ACCT game

Bracket Matrix has them as the 10th team out. A win tonight and then I believe they have a double bye in the ACCT. If they can reach the championship and knock off Duke or UNC they could find themselves actually on the bubble. I don’t think they would squeak in but too close for comfort. Finish them Clemson.

Reaction Score
Illinois can certainly knock off Purdue
Louisville over Va Tech

I want to see which home team will storm the court :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads