Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Final game-Utes seem to have out traveled the Bruins.

I've noticed that of the tiny number of fans wearing masks the vast majority are wearing Stanford gear. Not sure what, if anything, to make of that.

Still a fair number of burnt orange in the house.

So, I wonder if the 17 JuJu scored is a season low. After 8 in the first 5 minutes, the kitties really bothered her.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score

I've noticed that of the tiny number of fans wearing masks the vast majority are wearing Stanford gear
. Not sure what, if anything, to make of that.

So, I wonder if the 17 JuJu scored is a season low. After 8 in the first 5 minutes, the kitties really bothered her.
I'm guessing they're mostly seniors? We have a lot of pretty old (but empassioned!) septuagenarian and octogenarian fans who've followed our team now for 35+ years. Love their commitment to our team!

Reaction Score
I'm guessing they're mostly seniors? We have a lot of pretty old (but empassioned!) septuagenarian and octogenarian fans who've followed our team now for 35+ years. Love their commitment to our team!
Ikr! I'm 68 and suspect I am on the young side of this crowd. I did see one gent in Stanford gear using ski poles to negotiate the aisle, actually a smart move here in the Garden Arena.

Edit - for a big girl, Betts has played invisible in the first quarter, except when Pili posted her up.

Last edited:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Shout out to Helena Pueyo. I'm a UConn fan so I know what it's like to want it deep in ur soul for ur best players to be more aggressive jk. With all the turnover on the team she's kinda been forced to. Incredible stat line last night with 14 pts 5 assist 5 steals 4 blocks 3 rebounds and played all 40. I was looking at box scores and she played 49 minutes vs Oregon State and shot 3 times. So wild. And I've seen press conferences and the journalist ask Coach Adia Barnes directly, y doesn't she shoot more, and she's kinda like I try but its just not her, she's only going to take good shots. I've always liked her game but wanted her to do more.
Thank you for giving Helena credit. She was outstanding for us this year. Yes, Adia constantly asked her to shoot more. She said it at every event I was at and even with Helena present. But she also credited Helena with being a true European player not interested in her own stats, only the team. Pueyo did make all defensive team and All-PAC12, as well. Oh, and she played all 55 minutes in Arizona's triple overtime game a few weeks ago!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score

I've noticed that of the tiny number of fans wearing masks the vast majority are wearing Stanford gear. Not sure what, if anything, to make of that.

We had that chalk talk the last time Arizona played USC - JuJu is relatively ineffective when forced in one direction (sorry, I don't remember if it was right or left). 100% backed up by her shot chart. Of course, easier said than done. She also tends to jump when defending - Arizona deliberately (and successfully) tried to foul her out in the home game.

Reaction Score
Cal up 36 to 28 over Stanford at half. Brink sat with 3 fouls for much of half
For a moment there, I thought Cal was going to pull off a huge upset. I was ready to storm my basement! Coach Smith should be proud of her Cal Bears WBB program. Stanford to me, like last year, is that #1 Seed team that looks very suspicious.

Reaction Score
For a moment there, I thought Cal was going to pull off a huge upset. I was ready to storm my basement! Coach Smith should be proud of her Cal Bears WBB program. Stanford to me, like last year, is that #1 Seed team that looks very suspicious.
The guards on that team are really bad. They can't create anything on their own. The PG is short and slow as well. You can't go deep in the tourney without at least one guard that can create their own shot.

Reaction Score
That High Point game was too close for comfort... if they would have loss on their home court to a team with only 4 conference wins it would have been a disaster.

Unfortunately unless I make a remarkable recovery,, looks like I'll be won't be attending. :(:(:( I'm keeping hope alive I can feel good/strong enough to make it to the championship games Sunday both the ACC (1pm) and Big South (6pm) I thought about trying to make it there in the next few days, and spread some germs to some unsuspecting Chapel HIll fans, but even I'm not that petty. :rolleyes:

Nothing but chicken noodle soup, saltine crackers, and Gatorlyte for me :oops:
Hi @triaddukefan, it seems that you’re “under the weather”, so I’m sending you some get well wishes. Get well soon because the Boneyard needs you at full strength, as we all try to navigate the post season, sanely!!

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I just lost my feeds for both SEC and ACC!
OK now they are both back. Just in time for ACC game to end.
I was watching the Miami/UNC game on ACCN through my cable system. With 14 seconds left and during a timeout, ACCN went out. I couldn't believe it. I waited, and waited, and waited for it to come back on but it was out for a while. It was disheartening to be left wondering how it would end. I didn't even think about trying to stream it. By the time ACCN was back up, the players were walking off the court and I saw that I hadn't missed any scoring, but from descriptions, the part I missed was worthy of a Yakety Sax video.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Are these announcers for the CAL/Stanford game Stanford alum?
Ann Schatz (I think that's her name) sounded a little under the weather. Her voice got weaker and weaker as that game wore on. I didn't watch the 4th quarter but I wondered if she was ill. She's one of my favorite playcallers in the business.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
An early dobro jutro my BY prijatelji. Only three upsets yesterday, although for a while, I thought we might have more.
1709897693239.jpeg

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I was watching the Miami/UNC game on ACCN through my cable system. With 14 seconds left and during a timeout, ACCN went out. I couldn't believe it. I waited, and waited, and waited for it to come back on but it was out for a while. It was disheartening to be left wondering how it would end. I didn't even think about trying to stream it. By the time ACCN was back up, the players were walking off the court and I saw that I hadn't missed any scoring, but from descriptions, the part I missed was worthy of a Yakety Sax video.
We caught the end, and it was disappointing. Deja dribbled into the key, into traffic, and Ustby was open to the left. Noticing a bit of hero ball in some of these games, where if there are 2-3 people on you, someone gotta be open.

Reaction Score
Florida looks like a tournament team, yet they're 16-14. It's a head scratcher but I believe injuries may have played into that result. Matharu is a beast!

Reaction Score
We caught the end, and it was disappointing. Deja dribbled into the key, into traffic, and Ustby was open to the left. Noticing a bit of hero ball in some of these games, where if there are 2-3 people on you, someone gotta be open.
I beg the differ. Was there a hint of hero ball on Kelly’s part? Yes, no surprise there. Did she try to do too much by herself and fail to find an open team mate with a cleaner look? Well, yes. Did UNC-CH fail in the final 7 seconds, as well as the possession before out of a time out as well as the possession before when Kelly got rejected by the underside of the backboard? Yes, yes and yes - agreed, down the stretch was not a tape for the youth of America to study and behold.

However, it was not disappointing. On the contrary, it was a beautiful sequence of failures and dysfunction. Anytime the baby blue comes up short it can not be disappointing in the least. Very much the opposite.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
An early dobro jutro my BY prijatelji. Only three upsets yesterday, although for a while, I thought we might have more.
View attachment 97379
And for those of you intrepid hoop fans, I created a poll to guess upsets of all 31 games today.

Reaction Score
And for those of you intrepid hoop fans, I created a poll to guess upsets of all 31 games today.
Picking Auburn over LSU ( again) tonight. LSU can’t stop Auburn’s PG Honesty Scott Grayson.

Reaction Score
Florida looks like a tournament team, yet they're 16-14. It's a head scratcher but I believe injuries may have played into that result. Matharu is a beast!
Same--I thought they were a sure-fire NCAA Tournament team in December.

Reaction Score
ND doubling up Louisville 34-17 at the half. If the results hold, the Selection Committee will have a TIME trying to figure out what to do with this Cardinals team. They look like a double-digit seed at the moment. I'm hoping that they end up being chicken feed for my girls, but we'll see.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Anyone know Liz Kitley's availability for this afternoon's game? I did a search and there appears to be no updates over the last couple of days.
I guess I will find out within the hour...

Reaction Score
Not playing. She was in the tunnel with her hair down and earrings in. Safe to say she won’t be playing today.

Reaction Score
Ohio State is struggling with Maryland! Hope they beat the Buckeyes (even though I'm not a Maryland fan and can't stand Brenda) so that this whole "nobody can compete with the top 3 teams in the B1G" narrative goes away. The B1G is the only conference that does this. Every other conference touts its depth/competition while the B1G would have you believe that their tourney should only include 3-4 teams.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Not playing. She was in the tunnel with her hair down and earrings in. Safe to say she won’t be playing today.
Thanks. Just saw it on ACCN. I hope she is better for the NCAAT cause if not, heck of a way to end her collegiate career.

Reaction Score
Any word on what Walz did to get ejected? Dillon, Triad? Anyone in the building? ;)

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Ohio State is struggling with Ohio State! Hope they beat the Buckeyes (even though I'm not a Maryland fan and can't stand Brenda) so that this whole "nobody can compete with the top 3 teams in the B1G" narrative goes away. The B1G is the only conference that does this. Every other conference touts its depth/competition while the B1G would have you believe that their tourney should only include 3-4 teams.
Ummm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak