Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For all the criticism levels at Harper and UT, Banghart hasn't exactly set the world on fire either. While her expectations aren't as high at UNC, others have pointed out she is getting talent but is getting out coached and her players don't seem to be putting it together.

Reaction Score
Well Oregon St. and Colorado are totally throwing off the schedule for the rest of the day in Vegas. In double OT now.
Ikr....cuts into dinner time between games two and three.

In game two in early going Onyiah dominated Brink all the way to the bench.

Edit-5 minutes left in the half, Brink complains all the way to the bench...with her 3rd foul.

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
The committee probably would’ve like the Buffalettes to win there. Then they could call OSU the 5th PAC team and have the freedom to put them in Portland.

Now the only way that happens is if 2 of Stan/USC/UCLA are shipped to Albany, which seems less likely.

Somehow, some way, UConn will be in Albany and Oregon State will be in Portland . . .

Reaction Score
Mulkey is usually intentionally funny, but here was a hilarious unintended moment

“That’s why I love talking to you Nikki (Fargas) — you used to be a coach so you know ….”

Hmmm, wherever did Nikki coach??

And who per chance followed her and won an NC in 2 years???

Damn my memory escapes me.

Reaction Score
The committee probably would’ve like the Buffalettes to win there. Then they could call OSU the 5th PAC team and have the freedom to put them in Portland.

Now the only way that happens is if 2 of Stan/USC/UCLA are shipped to Albany, which seems less likely.
What do you think the committee would do if Beavers win the PAC-12 Tourney? Could they be placed in the Portland region?

Reaction Score
What do you think the committee would do if Beavers win the PAC-12 Tourney? Could they be placed in the Portland region?
Yeah thats one exception that could put them in Portland

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Has there been an @triaddukefan sighting this week? High Point had to go to OT but then ran away from UNC Asheville in a Big South quarterfinal.

Is he at the ACC tourney? If so, better have some news about whose fans are nice and whose aren't, what the food situation is like, etc.
That High Point game was too close for comfort... if they would have loss on their home court to a team with only 4 conference wins it would have been a disaster.

Unfortunately unless I make a remarkable recovery,, looks like I'll be won't be attending. :(:(:( I'm keeping hope alive I can feel good/strong enough to make it to the championship games Sunday both the ACC (1pm) and Big South (6pm) I thought about trying to make it there in the next few days, and spread some germs to some unsuspecting Chapel HIll fans, but even I'm not that petty. :rolleyes:

It’s all you can eat and drink of Cheerwine Day at FATSO’s Ketchup BBQ. @triaddukefan will be “indisposed” for a few hours this evening.

Nothing but chicken noodle soup, saltine crackers, and Gatorlyte for me :oops:

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
For all the criticism levels at Harper and UT, Banghart hasn't exactly set the world on fire either. While her expectations aren't as high at UNC, others have pointed out she is getting talent but is getting out coached and her players don't seem to be putting it together.
I thought the same thing about Staley at SC the first few years but that sure started clicking after a certain point (Like when the bigger talent came in). I never liked that "outcoached" label. Too many variables in games to make blame that simple. Lawson and Banghart are both relatively new at their schools. I think next year will tell us a lot.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Feel better @triaddukefan !
Get well soon!

Thanks. I don't get sick often, so when I do get sick i feel as if the world is coming to an end. :rolleyes: Last night i made it out and bought a warm mist humidiifer and some chicken soup (i don't normally drink hot liquids). Sometime after lunch seems like i've lost my sense of smell and taste..... so i have some turtle cheesecake waiting on me in the refrig, but I don't see any reason to eat it right now :(:(:(

Reaction Score
Thanks. I don't get sick often, so when I do get sick i feel as if the world is coming to an end. :rolleyes: Last night i made it out and bought a warm mist humidiifer and some chicken soup (i don't normally drink hot liquids). Sometime after lunch seems like i've lost my sense of smell and taste..... so i have some turtle cheesecake waiting on me in the refrig, but I don't see any reason to eat it right now :(:(:(
Uh oh
Hope it’s not the big CV :(

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Feel better :(

Reaction Score
Kitties scoreless first 5 minutes.....gonna be a LONG nite.

JuJu with 6.

Edit: Puerto gets kitties on the board....over JuJu.

JuJu 8 kitties 4

Reaction Score
Aliyah Matharu dropped 35 and collected 8 rebounds to help Florida drop Vandy, 62-59. Shea, sis. :oops:

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Bummer for Vandy . I was rooting for them. They lost by 3 and missed 7 FT's. Ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom