Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Miami's scored 11 straight points in a game that is being played in the 50s.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I just lost my feeds for both SEC and ACC!
OK now they are both back. Just in time for ACC game to end.

Reaction Score
Buffs showing defense last night was not all Oregon as they hold Buffs to 22 in the first half. They controlled Beers ..till she exploded for 5 hoops over the last 4 minutes of the half.

Reaction Score
These two teams (Miami and UNC) are terrible offensively. So many TOs in the waning seconds.

Reaction Score
I keep hearing how fantastic Banghart is, and I keep waiting on the results to verify these claims.
She's fantastic at convincing people that she's actually good at what she's doing.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Banghart (As with every other P5 coach) will only be as successful as her recruiting. She has to get better players before making the next step. That program was a shambles when she got there.

Reaction Score
Banghart (As with every other P5 coach) will only be as successful as her recruiting. She has to get better players before making the next step. That program was a shambles when she got there.
They have numerous McDonalds All-Americans on the current roster, and she's had more than her fair share of burger girls since she's been at UNC. The issues are that they're either always injured, they aren't being developed properly, or they just leave.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
They have numerous McDonalds All-Americans on the current roster, and she's had more than her fair share of burger girls since she's been at UNC. The issues are that they're either always injured, they aren't being developed properly, or they just leave.

Lots of people have that problem. Both Shea and Lawson have excellent players coming in next year. I expect both those programs will make a jump. NC has been ranked so it isn't like they aren't winning, just not winning enough.

Reaction Score
Lots of people have that problem. Both Shea and Lawson have excellent players coming in next year. I expect both those programs will make a jump. NC has been ranked so it isn't like they aren't winning, just not winning enough.
No they don't. That's why her issues loom large. Give Shea Ralph some of Banghart's rosters and I'm sure she'd produce more than 19 wins.

Reaction Score
Do yall know a good website to use for recruiting class rankings? One you can easily navigate through past classes? I’m struggling to find an easy way to sort through this. But just googling each individual class it would appear UNC has had top 10 classes 3 of the last 4 years. So a stretch to suggest the problem is attracting talent. I believe she’s out recruited Wes Moore during these last 4 or 5 years based on recruiting rankings.

And I don’t mean to suggest she’s a bad coach or has horrible teams. But if you reel in top 10 classes year after year but end the year somewhere between 20-40 every year … not exactly maximizing your talent. It’s either poor roster construction, poor scheming or poor player development.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oregon St. wins 85-79. 3-0 against the Buffs this year, Coach Payne probably won't be too sorry to not be playing them next season.

Reaction Score
The committee probably would’ve like the Buffalettes to win there. Then they could call OSU the 5th PAC team and have the freedom to put them in Portland.

Now the only way that happens is if 2 of Stan/USC/UCLA are shipped to Albany, which seems less likely.

Reaction Score
Do yall know a good website to use for recruiting class rankings? One you can easily navigate through past classes? I’m struggling to find an easy way to sort through this. But just googling each individual class it would appear UNC has had top 10 classes 3 of the last 4 years. So a stretch to suggest the problem is attracting talent. I believe she’s out recruited Wes Moore during these last 4 or 5 years based on recruiting rankings.

And I don’t mean to suggest she’s a bad coach or has horrible teams. But if you reel in top 10 classes year after year but end the year somewhere between 20-40 every year … not exactly maximizing your talent. It’s either poor roster construction, poor scheming or poor player development.
And that’s exactly what it is, in my view. Kelly has not improved at all since she was a sophomore, Ustby still has no serviceable jump shot, and Gakdeng looks to have regressed from her time at Boston College. Just doesn’t seem like things are ever fully clicking for North Carolina under Banghart.

Reaction Score
Colorado's lost six of eight to end the regular season/conference tourney :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom