Watching Tennessee and Oregon State is like watching a PAC12 game... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Watching Tennessee and Oregon State is like watching a PAC12 game...

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
+1
I've heard that "song" way, way, way too many times in my life. If I never hear it again, it would be too soon.

Ever watched a USC (I mean the real USC, the one from LA) football game? Their band plays the fight song after pretty much EVERY play. It will certainly drive you insane.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
But it is their fault they didn't realize what a spiralling disaster the program is and go elsewhere instead. It wasn't like it was a secret. What a waste of talent.
Not sure this criticism is warranted, either. You’re blaming the players for believing Holly’s sales job. Trust is not a negative character trait.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Ever watched a USC (I mean the real USC, the one from LA) football game? Their band plays the fight song after pretty much EVERY play. It will certainly drive you insane.
Yes. I actually started to mention that. It sounds good the first couple of times but after that it gets nauseating.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm not liking OSU's chances in a rematch against Baylor, with the Bears looking for some revenge. All things considered Sweet 16 is fairly good accomplishment for this year's team.
Hey nwhoopfan, I know eliminating Baylor is a BIG task (if Baylor wins today). But, as I previously posted on another thread, I liked OSU's path forward in the bracket. Let's not forget that even though Baylor only has one (1) loss (to a PAC-12 team), I believe OSU has played a much more difficult schedule. The OSU Team is believing. Don't forget OSU is tall. I don't think Baylor has played a lot of teams that play defense like OSU (Stanford game didn't have McPhee). If OSU has a halfway decent 3-point shooting game vs Baylor (or Michigan), OSU can win.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Stop with the less talented stuff! Oregon State may not have played their very best game, but they played pretty darn well in the 2nd half. Defense is critical in the Tournament, and OSU played solid today, regardless of their poor outside shooting. Pivec & Katie McWilliams were outstanding today. Gulich had a decent game, and hit some key shots in 2nd half, and rebounded well in 2nd half. OSU had two freshman playing today in the rotation, and they played extremely well in their 1st BIG game in the Tournament. Let's give OSU some credit for beating Tennessee on their home court.
I'm happy to give them all the credit in the world. I expected this outcome.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
A lot of firsts this game for the LV program: 1st NCAA tournament loss at home (57-1), plus the program's 1st back-to-back NCAA tournaments missing the Sweet 16. Incredible runs for that program.

Time to give Holly a 10 year extension because of the HISTORIC firsts that she achieved today.

Reaction Score
Someone mentioned the McDonalds All Americans that Tennessee has and it is a fair point.... Tennessee suited up a few today.... Oregon State dressed zero....

And three of those McD All Stars chose to leave Oregon and cross the country to play for Holly....

I feel badly for the Tennessee players...... but also am happy for the Oregon State program

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Hey nwhoopfan, I know eliminating Baylor is a BIG task (if Baylor wins today). But, as I previously posted on another thread, I liked OSU's path forward in the bracket. Let's not forget that even though Baylor only has one (1) loss (to a PAC-12 team), I believe OSU has played a much more difficult schedule. The OSU Team is believing. Don't forget OSU is tall. I don't think Baylor has played a lot of teams that play defense like OSU (Stanford game didn't have McPhee). If OSU has a halfway decent 3-point shooting game vs Baylor (or Michigan), OSU can win.

Love the enthusiasm! Last time Baylor was heavily favored as well. But no Weisner and Wiese this time. Gulich had her hands full w/ Russell today and Brown is a much, much better player than Russell. And even bigger. That matchup scares me. Never mind Cox. Can Corosdale handle her? We'll see. But yeah, 3 point shooting has to be better for OSU to continue advancing. Hopefully Baylor isn't a full court pressing team. Probably not w/ Brown and Cox on the floor together.

Reaction Score
vol Nation seems to believe the end is very near for Holly.....

Reaction Score
Stop with the less talented stuff! Oregon State may not have played their very best game, but they played pretty darn well in the 2nd half. Defense is critical in the Tournament, and OSU played solid today, regardless of their poor outside shooting. Pivec & Katie McWilliams were outstanding today. Gulich had a decent game, and hit some key shots in 2nd half, and rebounded well in 2nd half. OSU had two freshman playing today in the rotation, and they played extremely well in their 1st BIG game in the Tournament. Let's give OSU some credit for beating Tennessee on their home court.

It was meant as a complement.................I don't think they have a top 75 kid in their program yet they handily defeated a team with probably seven or eight high school All Americans............they do what they do very well as a team although individually they are not as gifted as the Tennessee players.....if you want to take that as a criticism so be it.........

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It was meant as a complement.......I don't think they have a top 75 kid in their program yet they handily defeated a team with probably seven or eight high school All Americans..they do what they do very well as a team although individually they are not as gifted as the Tennessee players.....if you want to take that as a criticism so be it....

Pivec and Corosdale were both top 40 or above.

Not sure about McWilliams. She was player of the year in Oregon as a Sr., but didn't have the reputation of players like Russell and Westbrook.

Sorry, keep editing. Pretty sure Goodman is top 50 or so also. But definitely no McD AA's, top 10 or top 25 players.

Reaction Score
Pivec and Corosdale were both top 40 or above.

Not sure about McWilliams. She was player of the year in Oregon as a Sr., but didn't have the reputation of players like Russell and Westbrook.

You're right, I stand corrected...................................so forget everything I said................................. it was no big deal beating the Vols..........:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I am so relieved TN lost. TN fans have been boasting that the Lady Vols were going to beat UCONN in the NCAA champ game. I am so relieved.

Funny...on volnation they wanted tenn to play UConn so UConn can kick their asses

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Well seeing Tennessee go down makes up for Maryland's bad day and DePaul's loss.

DePaul got robbed. Might be the worst officiated game I've seen this year.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
VolNation is on fire. They are even posting the address of the AD to demand Holly be removed.

Reaction Score
Cheers to Oregon St!! On a sadder note I think Mercedes Russell could have been something real special but don't think Tennessee really gave her a shot shot to reach her potential, IMO

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Someone mentioned the McDonalds All Americans that Tennessee has and it is a fair point.... Tennessee suited up a few today.... Oregon State dressed zero....

And three of those McD All Stars chose to leave Oregon and cross the country to play for Holly....

I feel badly for the Tennessee players. but also am happy for the Oregon State program
I agree with your sentiment 100% although they do have some MDAA's on their team. Far fewer that Tenn though. If watching Mercedes Russell's tears at the end of that game didn't move you, well, you're one stone hearted person. Her and Jaime are 2 fine young women, and Russell saved her best game of the year for the last.

For me the outcome wasn't expected. I predicted earlier in the year that Tenn would lose in the second round to a far less talented but disciplined team, and it proved true. Hopefully people, once again, will see the Pac 12 for what it is, which is at least the second best conference in WCBB. And congrats to one of my very favorite coaches in CBB, Scott Rueck for continuing to build a culture of excellence there.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I agree with your sentiment 100% although they do have some MDAA's on their team.

The only one is Destiny Slocum who is sitting out as a transfer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom