Watching Tennessee and Oregon State is like watching a PAC12 game... | The Boneyard

Watching Tennessee and Oregon State is like watching a PAC12 game...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
nobody can score.

Love the opportunity to watch them but that whole independent network of the PAC12 makes it difficult. And yeah, I saw what you did there and you see what Plebe did, right?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Don't know if y'all are watching, but Russell has come to play today. The best I've seen her all year.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Tune in to Oregon-Minnesota tonight and you won't have a problem with "nobody can score."

Stanford scored 82 yesterday.

Reaction Score
Okay well I thought the knock on the Pac-12 was that they didn't play defense.

Not from me...with a couple of exceptions I’m constantly amazed at the inability of PAC12 teams to score. That’s what makes this matchup so interesting. Oregon State struggles to score, but usually defends ok. Tennessee is often ridiculously careless with the ball and doesn’t defend well. Will probably be down to the wire.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Don't know if y'all are watching, but Russell has come to play today. The best I've seen her all year.
I'm not watching. I can't stand that stupid song that they play 100 times a quarter. No wonder their fans are always on the verge of a psychotic break.

The Russell-Gülich matchup figured to be key, and the early foul trouble for Gülich was a major factor int he first half.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Not from me...with a couple of exceptions I’m constantly amazed at the inability of PAC12 teams to score. That’s what makes this matchup so interesting. Oregon State struggles to score, but usually defends ok. Tennessee is often ridiculously careless with the ball and doesn’t defend well. Will probably be down to the wire.
Sorry. 82 points a game is not struggling to score.

Nevertheless, the game today between these two is very physical both inside and on the perimeter. You have to give Tenn credit. They're play tough and determined to fight through and cover the pinch post and pick and rolls. Russell has come to play and Gulich has her hands full on offense and defense. Gulich now with 3 fouls in the 3rd Q.

Reaction Score
Oregon? They're 9th nationally, at 82 points/game.
I’ve talked about this before and readily concede that there are a couple of exceptions, most notably Oregon, which is clearly the best offensive team in the conference.

Reaction Score
I'm not watching. I can't stand that stupid song that they play 100 times a quarter. No wonder their fans are always on the verge of a psychotic break.

The Russell-Gülich matchup figured to be key, and the early foul trouble for Gülich was a major factor int he first half.

I'm with you, Plebe. Here in the SEC country we have to put up with "Rocky Top on infinite loop", plus the Looney-Tunes - like Alabama fight song....over and over and over.....Head bang

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Pac 12 teams first round scoring:

Oregon 88
Stanford 82
Oregon St. 82
Arizona St. 73
UCLA 71

Not really seeing a lack of scoring. OSU is struggling to put points on the board today. That's one game.

Reaction Score
This is a battle - I'm surprised punches haven't been thrown yet.
they don't need to punch yet, it's seemingly fine basketball to continue flinging each other to the ground. a punch may be called a common foul or something. :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
OSU has led the nation in 3 point shooting % pretty much all year. They are 3-17 today. Quite a few of those have been wide open. If they were having a normal day they would be comfortably ahead.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
OSU has led the nation in 3 point shooting % pretty much all year. They are 3-17 today. Quite a few of those have been wide open. If they were having a normal day they would be comfortably ahead.

Tennessee fans are prepping for the referees stole the game from us chant.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I've seen Gulich get taken down to the floor 3 times without a foul call.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If you'd told me they'd be so cold from 3 and Gulich would have major foul trouble, I'd think they'd be getting blown out. But credit to OSU.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
49-40 OSU, 7 minutes left

Reaction Score
whoa. how does Russell have only one foul? She seems to be an equal participant in this wrestling match today

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom