Walking Dead Season 5 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Walking Dead Season 5

Reaction Score
Agreed with all the comments on the first episode. I've always liked them on the run and hated the Gov and was apprehensive about this season thinking it was going to be a drawn out Terminus storyline. Perfect first episode for me.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Agreed with all the comments on the first episode. I've always liked them on the run and hated the Gov and was apprehensive about this season thinking it was going to be a drawn out Terminus storyline. Perfect first episode for me.
Another episode written by Gimpel. He does a really good job.

Reaction Score
I believe they are making Zombieland 2 --- which hopefully is as good as the original which I loved. Think it is my favorite Zombie movie to date....

Would be kind of cool if they had a cameo somehow of Rick, Darryl and the crew in it playing themselves...maybe drive by them on the road and stop to ask directions....

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Its time to nut up or shut up.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Thank God for rednecks

"Everybody wants some"

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Did anyone else think that Bob was out there crying because he got bit on the leg in the sewer?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Did anyone else think that Bob was out there crying because he got bit on the leg in the sewer?
No didn't really think of that. Doubt it though. Being a medic and getting bit in that water, he would have been all over a wound. I think either he sensed a foreboding or was just happy he finally found someone, Sasha.

OR, he remembered the Walking Dead's black man curse (no more than 2 main black characters). And realizing Father Gabriel was gonna be around for awhile, he knew he was dead meat. (pun intended)

I guess we got "The Hunters" now.

I do want Michonne to get her katana back, or a new one.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
No didn't really think of that. Doubt it though. Being a medic and getting bit in that water, he would have been all over a wound. I think either he sensed a foreboding or was just happy he finally found someone, Sasha.

OR, he remembered the Walking Dead's black man curse (no more than 2 main black characters). And realizing Father Gabriel was gonna be around for awhile, he knew he was dead meat. (pun intended)

I guess we got "The Hunters" now.

I do want Michonne to get her katana back, or a new one.

I'd loan her mine...but don't want to be unprepared for the zombie Apocalypse. She's much more bad-ass with it.

On a different note...if Darryl can rescue Beth (with Carol's help), we'll have our first love triangle since Rick popped Shane.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I thought Bob had some wine and was jonesing for some ripple.

Reaction Score
I was thinking Bob was crying because he couldn't help himself and had snuck some booze. He is the alcoholic guy right? And I think (no comic book spoilers please) that the end of the episode linked Bob's previous references to his mistakes costing a group something = the Terminus guys celebrating in his capture.

Was thinking about how Gareth and the terminus group is legitimately scary. AFter that epi, I am literally worried for each character. That highlights a key difference between this arc and the governor's and something they need to avoid (steer clear of making it Gareth vs Rick). The Governor inexplicably and nonsensically made taking down Rick (and Michonne I guess) his sole purpose and besides making no sense this also cut off all the drama at the knees due to Rick's character shield. Having an arch nemesis on a him-or-me death fight might work in a two-hour move, but on TV we all know the protagonist is winning in the end so it is neutered.

But I digress, having a threat out there that plans to pick of the protagonist group one-by-one and eat them is much more dramatic and psychologically scarier. Also obviously perfectly hits the zombie within zombie motif. Bravo!

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I was thinking Bob was crying because he couldn't help himself and had snuck some booze. He is the alcoholic guy right? And I think (no comic book spoilers please) that the end of the episode linked Bob's previous references to his mistakes costing a group something = the Terminus guys celebrating in his capture.

Was thinking about how Gareth and the terminus group is legitimately scary. AFter that epi, I am literally worried for each character. That highlights a key difference between this arc and the governor's and something they need to avoid (steer clear of making it Gareth vs Rick). The Governor inexplicably and nonsensically made taking down Rick (and Michonne I guess) his sole purpose and besides making no sense this also cut off all the drama at the knees due to Rick's character shield. Having an arch nemesis on a him-or-me death fight might work in a two-hour move, but on TV we all know the protagonist is winning in the end so it is neutered.

But I digress, having a threat out there that plans to pick of the protagonist group one-by-one and eat them is much more dramatic and psychologically scarier. Also obviously perfectly hits the zombie within zombie motif. Bravo!

They are scary, but tell you what, Rick is pretty scary now too. Even before he finds out that Bob is gone, he's giving that "you're not safe speech". He wasn't talking about Zombies. His attitude toward Gabriel reflects it. It won't be easy for the "Hunters" to get anyone else, and as soon as Rick knows they are alive, they will be the hunted.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
I did initially think Bob was bit, but I'm 50/50 on that.

I'm more sure that he hid some booze at the tree where he got wacked. The tree was marked with a line that they zoomed in on. This was a different marking then the circle X tree markings that were fresh and caught the attention of Morgan.

So I think Bob was crying because he was going out there to booze it up and struggling with his inner demons . If he was bit, he would have probably followed that with a gunshot to the head.

Now thaf we know that Ttyrese did not finish off Martin, I'm thinking Martin followed the group and marked the circle X trails for other termite survivors to follow.

We'll soon find out.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I was thinking Bob was crying because he couldn't help himself and had snuck some booze. He is the alcoholic guy right?
Yea, that could be. Or he wanted some wine, or he realized he was always going to be fighting his alcoholism?

And I think (no comic book spoilers please) that the end of the episode linked Bob's previous references to his mistakes costing a group something = the Terminus guys celebrating in his capture.
Yea, it seems like Bob knows the Termites or is known by them?? Not sure. Seems like if he knew of them, he wouldn't have been going back to Terminus or at least told everyone what goes on there?? But something seems to be up with Bob and them?? But Bob did say he was the only survivor from his groups though. So I don't know that there would be anyone left that knew him???

Doubt Bob makes it out of this, we've already had an amputee, don't know if they'd do it again. I imagine they might lose a couple people to the Hunters.

Andrew J West (Gareth) is listed as an "also Starring" as opposed to "guest", so I imagine he might be around for a few episodes.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They are scary, but tell you what, Rick is pretty scary now too. Even before he finds out that Bob is gone, he's giving that "you're not safe speech". He wasn't talking about Zombies. His attitude toward Gabriel reflects it. It won't be easy for the "Hunters" to get anyone else, and as soon as Rick knows they are alive, they will be the hunted.
Some of the season promos had "Hunt or be Hunted", so it looks like that's where this is going. Should be pretty cool.

Reaction Score
Yea, that could be. Or he wanted some wine, or he realized he was always going to be fighting his alcoholism?

Yea, it seems like Bob knows the Termites or is known by them?? Not sure. Seems like if he knew of them, he wouldn't have been going back to Terminus or at least told everyone what goes on there?? But something seems to be up with Bob and them?? But Bob did say he was the only survivor from his groups though. So I don't know that there would be anyone left that knew him???

Doubt Bob makes it out of this, we've already had an amputee, don't know if they'd do it again. I imagine they might lose a couple people to the Hunters.

Andrew J West (Gareth) is listed as an "also Starring" as opposed to "guest", so I imagine he might be around for a few episodes.
Forgot that about Bob, could be a fib of course (like Tyrese about Tiger's hat guy who should have been WAYYYY more banged up even a day later, although maybe Tryrese punched air at end of his mini-rage) but you are right and Bob did say his prior group had died. He might have mentioned a few other groups too...?
100% though Bob couldn't have gone back to Terminus if he really knew them, but then again that would have been something to mention to rest of the group after if only for self-preservation (i.e. 'they are going to be hunting me'). To bring full circle sounds like the lies are why he was crying.

Semi-spoiler - Next time on WDead preview saying they'd lost 3 people was a bit too telling, but then again likely has everyone tuning it to see who gets grabbed.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Semi-spoiler - Next time on WDead preview saying they'd lost 3 people was a bit too telling, but then again likely has everyone tuning it to see who gets grabbed.
Not quite. They've lost 3, Bob, Carol and Daryl. They probably just assume for the same reason. But we, the audience, know better. I have a feeling Rick isn't going to be happy with Father Gabriel about their missing people either. i.e. he'll probably blame him. Or think he has something to do with it.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
I don't think Bob was at terminus in his past or he would have mentioned it. Doesn't mean he didn't come across Gareth before he had setup terminus as a sanctuary. Though I don't think he would have kept that from the group.

Looked like martins eyes were still swelled up pretty good

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Not quite. They've lost 3, Bob, Carol and Daryl. They probably just assume for the same reason. But we, the audience, know better. I have a feeling Rick isn't going to be happy with Father Gabriel about their missing people either. i.e. he'll probably blame him. Or think he has something to do with it.

That makes sense. I think Darryl and Carol (and Beth?) are now the ever present side story, with the further romance triangle inside of it (which of course Carol is not expecting). But I do think you're right that Rick won't know and will think Gabriel knows something. I don't think they'll string that out long though, and the gang will know what they are up against soon enough. Probably at the end of next week's episode.

Gotta say, I have loved the show from the beginning, but not since season 1 have I been caught in the story arc like I am with a great novel and this season, where I don't want to wait a week to find out what happens next.

Reaction Score

I thought it was the pressure of always trying to be the "glass is half full" guy. They made a point of showing him playing that game with his girlfriend where he was always taking the sunny side. That walker that grabbed him and almost drowned him might have been what pushed him over the edge.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Is threre a map online anywhere similar to a Lord of the Rings map that shows where the group had been? I getthis funny feeling they're 8 miles from where they started.

Also, where are the child zombies?

And where's the military presence? No way the Guv killed them all.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
I thought it was the pressure of always trying to be the "glass is half full" guy. They made a point of showing him playing that game with his girlfriend where he was always taking the sunny side. That walker that grabbed him and almost drowned him might have been what pushed him over the edge.

You may be right.

Thinking more about Bob and if he was bit and if ends up surviving. The good from the bad. "Being bitten by a walker." "Having the hunters amputate and eat your diseased leg."

But I think Bob is a goner.

Reaction Score
Remembered from the previous episode that while they were at the slaughter pit Gareth and Bob conversed about Bob's interview. So apparently Gareth chose him to try and get info on the group and I think that's the sum total of their prior interaction.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Is threre a map online anywhere similar to a Lord of the Rings map that shows where the group had been? I getthis funny feeling they're 8 miles from where they started.

Also, where are the child zombies?

And where's the military presence? No way the Guv killed them all.
My guess is they have covered about a 50-100 mile radius around Atlanta, but maybe more - they've covered a lot of ground in caravans and on foot. I think they are closer to Atlanta now then they were at the prison though.

I think the military was overrun by walkers early on. Remember Rick leaving the hospital and the downed copters and tanks. If you die, you turn. If you get bit, you die and turn. So they were likely taken out from within.

I don't remember a kid walker since the guv's daughter, and Sophia coming out of the barn, and then prior to that the girl in the pilot. Prob trying to limit it. I prob wouldn't get as excited about a kid walker getting crushed vs. adult walkers being destroyed. Creative license - like where does all the human flesh go when zombies eat it - do they poop? Do they just explode it out? Who is watering and mowing the lawns? Etc

Reaction Score
My guess is they have covered about a 50-100 mile radius around Atlanta, but maybe more - they've covered a lot of ground in caravans and on foot. I think they are closer to Atlanta now then they were at the prison though.

I think the military was overrun by walkers early on. Remember Rick leaving the hospital and the downed copters and tanks. If you die, you turn. If you get bit, you die and turn. So they were likely taken out from within.

I don't remember a kid walker since the guv's daughter, and Sophia coming out of the barn, and then prior to that the girl in the pilot. Prob trying to limit it. I prob wouldn't get as excited about a kid walker getting crushed vs. adult walkers being destroyed. Creative license - like where does all the human flesh go when zombies eat it - do they poop? Do they just explode it out? Who is watering and mowing the lawns? Etc
Yeah, kid walkers is going to offend some folks. Kind of like how they are in a pickle with baby Judith, simply cannot show her getting eaten or turning into a zombie even though that'd be close to the scariest thing they could do.
I think the lawn thing is part of why they are in the woods so much. I'm sure at times it'd make more sense to cut thru neighborhoods and walk down streets to limit surprise walker ambushes and rummage for supplies, but in reality that would be much harder to film and in WDead land that possibly exposes them to people ambushes. Of course if no one is cutting thru neighborhoods then the ambush crowd would wait in the woods, but that kind of over-thinking is misplaced when watching WDead.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom