Walking Dead Season 5 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Walking Dead Season 5

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm happy with the pace of the show.

One thing that's bothered me is Maggie's lack of concern about trying to find Beth. Hasn't even mentioned her name since inside the terminus train car when Daryl mentioned that she was alive and taken by the cross car. Daryl did say, "she's just gone." So not sure if she's presumed dead.

Maggie had no problem leaving for Washington. Not sure what's up but I'm sure Beth is gonna be pissed off when she finds out.
I do agree it's kinda weird she hasn't seemed to concerned with what happened to Beth. I guess it's just assumed Daryl told her (off screen) that Beth was "just gone". On the other hand, if something ever did go down, I'd be looking for my wife and not really thinking about what happened to my brother.

Or maybe she just doesn't want to deal with losing her. So "she just gone" works. She's not dead, eaten, or zombified, just "gone".

It will make for an unusual situation if Beth does come back and Maggie has gone off to DC. Maybe they are wanting that story arc???

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I have seen every episode. Nothing made me cringe more than the anticipation and actual skull stab to Bob.

I can still hear it.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I do agree it's kinda weird she hasn't seemed to concerned with what happened to Beth. I guess it's just assumed Daryl told her (off screen) that Beth was "just gone". On the other hand, if something ever did go down, I'd be looking for my wife and not really thinking about what happened to my brother.

Or maybe she just doesn't want to deal with losing her. So "she just gone" works. She's not dead, eaten, or zombified, just "gone".

It will make for an unusual situation if Beth does come back and Maggie has gone off to DC. Maybe they are wanting that story arc???
It's just bizarre. Didn't Hershel tell them to take care of each other when he dies (when he was putting himself imat risk with the superbug). Maybe it's just her way of coping to not talk about it and just assume she lost her. Maybe there is an arc there. We'll see.

Hopefully my newly crappy frontier comm cable doesn't f up this Sunday night (damn why you gotta leave us ATT) so I can see who comes out of the woods behind Daryl - but we will either need to wait until the very end of episide 4 or episode 5 to find out. Beth's story will be front and center.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
so I can see who comes out of the woods behind Daryl - but we will either need to wait until the very end of episide 4 or episode 5 to find out. Beth's story will be front and center.
Yea, doubt we'll get it right off the bat. I imagine we'll start with Beth's story line. Not sure if that will last more than an episode or not. And then we should get what Daryl and Carol did chasing that car, before he got back with "whomever". Could easily make 2 episodes out of that.

Reaction Score
Yea, doubt we'll get it right off the bat. I imagine we'll start with Beth's story line. Not sure if that will last more than an episode or not. And then we should get what Daryl and Carol did chasing that car, before he got back with "whomever". Could easily make 2 episodes out of that.
You were on the money with that. Generally good episode & very effective mini-world villain build, but a bit too slow. That slowness allowed time to ponder the following in order of legit concerns to the annoyingly hyper-critical;
1. Why is everyone there blindly following the obviously manic, controlling chick? You can't bully that many people without someone just shooting her in the head while she sleeps.

2. So its a simple police state world within the hospital, the police always wear freshly laundered unis and they take daily outings to pickup supplies and find chicks for the male officers to duck-_. This is supposed to be a workable solution?!
Even if you are going for that, just keep only the truly desperate chicks that will agree to make the best of it, if they resist kill them quickly just like the Doc.

3. I think I might have bought it if the Rape Czar was a really tough guy (what makes a woman decide rape concubines will make men happy?!) and I admire then for mixing it up and giving us a pyscho woman villain, but the two trope-y slaps to Beth's face didn't exactly convince me of her ferocity.
4. Dumping the bodies down the elevator shaft didn't appear tidy at all . The early explanation was the zombies ate all but the bones. Instead we saw a huge pile of rotting corpses. No way to live without a stench 4-6 stories above that.

5. The high rise made we wonder how it works, generator, food source and water questions. I think it was a highrise only to provide the cool shot of ravaged downtown Hotlanta. I know it is silly to debate logistics, but given that they were mopping floors we could have used 30 seconds on how & why their resources were so good. PS where do they go to the bathroom.

Ending was awesome. Escape was great, Beth's emergence into a smart badass complete and once again they nailed it with a great cliffhanger. Setup C, Ending A

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You were on the money with that. Generally good episode & very effective mini-world villain build, but a bit too slow. That slowness allowed time to ponder the following in order of legit concerns to the annoyingly hyper-critical;
Agree kinda slow. Not a lot of killings, etc. Especially vs the first 3 episodes, but those were really good episodes.

1. Why is everyone there blindly following the obviously manic, controlling chick? You can't bully that many people without someone just shooting her in the head while she sleeps.
hmmm, a couple thoughts. The other cops seem to have it pretty good, so why upset the apple cart? And I think Dawn was like 2nd in command from the beginning, behind Hanson/Hansom?? The "wards" probably want to, but you'd have to kill all the cops at once, not just take out one. Which would be tough (but look for Carol to figure out something). The Dr. is happy to survive there.

2. So its a simple police state world within the hospital, the police always wear freshly laundered unis and they take daily outings to pickup supplies and find chicks for the male officers to duck-_. This is supposed to be a workable solution?!
Even if you are going for that, just keep only the truly desperate chicks that will agree to make the best of it, if they resist kill them quickly just like the Doc.
Works for the cops.

4. Dumping the bodies down the elevator shaft didn't appear tidy at all . The early explanation was the zombies ate all but the bones. Instead we saw a huge pile of rotting corpses. No way to live without a stench 4-6 stories above that.
Yea, I wondered about that too. Didn't seem like a working solution.

Y
5. The high rise made we wonder how it works, generator, food source and water questions. I think it was a highrise only to provide the cool shot of ravaged downtown Hotlanta. I know it is silly to debate logistics, but given that they were mopping floors we could have used 30 seconds on how & why their resources were so good. PS where do they go to the bathroom.

Ending was awesome. Escape was great, Beth's emergence into a smart badass complete and once again they nailed it with a great cliffhanger. Setup C, Ending A
Agree I think they wanted a look at a ravaged Atlanta. Beth hadn't seen Atlanta since it all began, supposedly. She'd been on the farm, small towns, prison and in the woods mostly. Yea not a lot on how it works.

Reaction Score
I just don't buy that there is a precinct of cops/people that want to survive the apocalypse as a passive aggressive* rape fest. If so at least get sexier hospital gowns and go full bore with them walking around like shabby chic VSecret models (ratings!).
Nonetheless, the table is set with Carol in there to trump the female leader and Rick to seek vengeance on tarnishing image of cops everywhere. And conveniently Rick's group needs a new doc and new black guy!

*Its not that its too dark, just too subtle. This could happen but they'd simply make the newly captured purely caged & chained mopping or sex slaves. Not walking around in hospital scrubs with access to meds, needles, lollipops** etc.

** the lollipop guild line was a good one. Disappointed Beth didn't reply "You aren't in Kansas anymore!"

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Glad we know what happened to Beth but I'm anxious to get back to the rest of the group. At least we are just about current on the timeline with Carol being rolled in - just need to find out how that went down.

I suppose Noah is the one in the woods with Daryl. And they're gonna craft a rescue mission with Rick and Michonne. But we won't see that until episode 6 since looks like next episode will be devoted to Abrahams group. I of course could be totally wrong.

How long are they gonna drag out the Dawn and company storyline? I hope that's not the major plot line for the first half of season but looks like it will be at least until end of episode 6 until resolved. Episodes 7 and 8 regrouping en route to Washington? What's gonna be the midseason cliff hanger? Washington a wasteland? Another nasty group?

Reaction Score
Never been a big fan of Beth. Not that there is anything wrong with her...just not much to her or to care about IMO. And worst episode of series history where she and Daryl burn down the cottage was unwatchable and Beth was particularly brutal in it.

That said, liked the episode and her in it. Great ending with Carol coming in at the end. Has been a great season so far.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
What happened to the black dude in the hood who was following the group when they left Terminus? Did he see a squirrel and get off the trail?

Reaction Score
What happened to the black dude in the hood who was following the group when they left Terminus? Did he see a squirrel and get off the trail?
I think he is a really talented & busy actor who is only going to be featured in one or two episodes per season.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I suppose Noah is the one in the woods with Daryl. And they're gonna craft a rescue mission with Rick and Michonne. But we won't see that until episode 6 since looks like next episode will be devoted to Abrahams group. I of course could be totally wrong.
A couple possibilities (ideas) there. One, maybe Daryl and Carol catch up with the Cross car. Daryl captures one of the cops while they capture Carol. Prisoner exchange like in "Vatos". Or maybe they follow the Cross car to the hospital and run across Noah. He explains stuff. Maybe the plan was to get Carol inside (to protect Beth) while Daryl and Noah go back and get reinforcements.

They did say in some of the season interviews that they were going to return to some places they had been before. So the group going back to Atlanta seems like it's gonna happen. Eventually though, they gotta start heading out of state.

I know the women really like Daryl, but hanging out with him doesn't seem to be the best idea. He's lost two women who he was pretty close to.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think he is a really talented & busy actor who is only going to be featured in one or two episodes per season.
Yea, they said he'd be back this season, but probably not for very long. Not sure when or how he shows up. We don't really know the timing on when he saw Rick's edited Terminus sign. Right after the group was there (a day or two) or maybe a month later??

Lenny James has done quite a bit (Low Winter Sun, Jericho, plus movies) and seems to keep himself pretty busy.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
A couple possibilities (ideas) there. One, maybe Daryl and Carol catch up with the Cross car. Daryl captures one of the cops while they capture Carol. Prisoner exchange like in "Vatos". Or maybe they follow the Cross car to the hospital and run across Noah. He explains stuff. Maybe the plan was to get Carol inside (to protect Beth) while Daryl and Noah go back and get reinforcements.

They did say in some of the season interviews that they were going to return to some places they had been before. So the group going back to Atlanta seems like it's gonna happen. Eventually though, they gotta start heading out of state.

I know the women really like Daryl, but hanging out with him doesn't seem to be the best idea. He's lost two women who he was pretty close to.
Right. A possibility is that Carol is a Trojan horse to get Beth out. Little do they know the woman she has become. She has no tolerance for abuse. She's gonna f sheete up in there.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Yea, they said he'd be back this season, but probably not for very long. Not sure when or how he shows up. We don't really know the timing on when he saw Rick's edited Terminus sign. Right after the group was there (a day or two) or maybe a month later??

Lenny James has done quite a bit (Low Winter Sun, Jericho, plus movies) and seems to keep himself pretty busy.
At least several weeks to a month have passed before Morgan shows up. The trees/bushes around the sign are overgrown.

The producers have obviously been waiting a long time for Lenny to be free to be on the show as a regular. I think I've read that he's going to be featured in the second half of season. My guess is he finally catches up to group at mid season finale.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Right. A possibility is that Carol is a Trojan horse to get Beth out. Little do they know the woman she has become. She has no tolerance for abuse. She's gonna f sheete up in there.
That was my first thought when I saw her on the gurney. "Ahhh their f*&#ed."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
At least several weeks to a month have passed before Morgan shows up. The trees/bushes around the sign are overgrown.

The producers have obviously been waiting a long time for Lenny to be free to be on the show as a regular. I think I've read that he's going to be featured in the second half of season. My guess is he finally catches up to group at mid season finale.
I read that in one of the reviews after Episode 501. I hadn't gone back to see if it was overgrown. I missed that the first time.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I read that in one of the reviews after Episode 501. I hadn't gone back to see if it was overgrown. I missed that the first time.
THen why, for us dul;lards, can't they just put a caption at the bottom of the screen that says 5 months later...?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
G0UCONN said:
Never been a big fan of Beth. Not that there is anything wrong with her...just not much to her or to care about IMO. And worst episode of series history where she and Daryl burn down the cottage was unwatchable and Beth was particularly brutal in it. That said, liked the episode and her in it. Great ending with Carol coming in at the end. Has been a great season so far.

Beth is cute as hell. She's toughening up a bit. Looking forward to them considering Carol useless. That should be entertaining.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
THen why, for us dul;lards, can't they just put a caption at the bottom of the screen that says 5 months later...?
A lot of people missed Morgan altogether. They'd already changed channels, or switched off their DVD.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
A lot of people missed Morgan altogether. They'd already changed channels, or switched off their DVD.

I missed him. Don't even know what you guys are talking about. This was two episodes ago?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I missed him. Don't even know what you guys are talking about. This was two episodes ago?
First episode of the season. It's after they run the credits.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I liked this episode. I thought the best parts were Noah & the cop getting eaten by Joan. Talk about poetic justice! My heart sank for Noah after Beth was caught. He's injured, unarmed & alone. My only hope is that Daryl & Carol found him. Got my fingers crossed that he steps out of the bushes on Sunday.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Lol @ Eugene! As called out by some here last season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom