OT: - Victor Wembanyama | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Victor Wembanyama

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yes. I’m sure.

By the way, Kobe was a great player but even Laker fans don’t say he and Jordan are 1/2.
So are you arguing he is the best ever, or that there is a different reason why he isn’t. For me, he‘s just not the winner Jordan was. So often his teams got blown out in the Finals. Jordan was undefeated in the Finals.

Reaction Score
Former players and current players have Jordan as the best ever. I have no idea why this guy turned this into a thread about Lebron, Jordan, and Kobe but whatever debate people wanted to have about the best ever, there's a consensus on who is the best.
If you have to try convince someone on the internet that Lebron is better then Jordan then he’s not, which no one actuallly can prove because they don’t have the facts to prove it. You don’t see anyone tell someone Brady is better then Montana anymore because guess what.

Reaction Score
Former players and current players have Jordan as the best ever. I have no idea why this guy turned this into a thread about Lebron, Jordan, and Kobe but whatever debate people wanted to have about the best ever, there's a consensus on who is the best.
Because I tore my MCL the other day and am very bored. Stuck on the couch with an ice pack and the boneyard

Reaction Score
I’ve seen many former and current players say LeBron. Evidently, that’s not consensus then.

Reaction Score
Not exactly what consensus means then but all good!
Consensus Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I vote Jordan but there is certainly debate. I am mainly curious how much longer Bron can play for. I wouldn’t put it past him to pull a Brady at this point.

What is more interesting to me is that seemingly the best of the best are no longer American born. We could watch Luka, Giannis, Jolie and Wemby swap MVPs for the next decade. Even Joel is Cameroonian.

Reaction Score
I vote Jordan but there is certainly debate. I am mainly curious how much longer Bron can play for. I wouldn’t put it past him to pull a Brady at this point.

What is more interesting to me is that seemingly the best of the best are no longer American born. We could watch Luka, Giannis, Jolie and Wemby swap MVPs for the next decade. Even Joel is Cameroonian.
Respect your take. I only take issue with people who say there is no debate.

Reaction Score

The only American I could possibly see winning MVP in the next few years is Tatum and he's behind several guys from overseas. Jokic should be going for his fourth in a row this year.

Reaction Score
The only American I could possibly see winning MVP in the next few years is Tatum and he's behind several guys from overseas. Jokic should be going for his fourth in a row this year.

There are 4-5 dudes from France alone that are showing up in early mocks in the 1st. It is insane. We are at like 20% international as we speak and it’s increasing every year.

Reaction Score
Respect your take. I only take issue with people who say there is no debate.
There will always be some people who have someone else as the best but most people have Jordan as the best ever. Most have Gretzky as the best ever in hockey but I know people who have Mario as the best. Same with Ruth in baseball. People will debate anything but amongst former players, current players, and fans most agree Jordan is the best ever.

Reaction Score
There will always be some people who have someone else as the best but most people have Jordan as the best ever. Most have Gretzky as the best ever in hockey but I know people who have Mario as the best. Same with Ruth in baseball. People will debate anything but amongst former players, current players, and fans most agree Jordan is the best ever.
I know your stance on it, i’ve got that. Just don’t act as if it is fact and laugh when someone disagrees.

Reaction Score
There are 4-5 dudes from France alone that are showing up in early mocks in the 1st. It is insane. We are at like 20% international as we speak and it’s increasing every year.
I just looked up a mock draft for next year and they have 13 international players going in the first round.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Another Mock just came out. Castle 4th. Quite a few internationals. I have to wonder if NBA basketball has shifted towards the international version of the game, like the NHL did 20 years ago. Not all the way, but enough to give some of those players an advantage.

Reaction Score
Another Mock just came out. Castle 4th. Quite a few internationals. I have to wonder if NBA basketball has shifted towards the international version of the game, like the NHL did 20 years ago. Not all the way, but enough to give some of those players an advantage.

Basically says the same as everyone. If he shoots well and defends he's a top 5 pick.

The NBA game is still very different than overseas IMO but they are much closer than they were in the mid-2000s. Europe embraced spread offenses earlier and never did the iso-heavy era really.

I think we're seeing more Euros and Africans just because the game is getting more popular. I love it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
So are you arguing he is the best ever, or that there is a different reason why he isn’t. For me, he‘s just not the winner Jordan was. So often his teams got blown out in the Finals. Jordan was undefeated in the Finals.

I don't really have a dog in the fight, but citing a finals record is one of the weaker arguments. We're going to penalize Lebron for making the finals, and give credit to Jordan (and others) for having the wherewithal to lose earlier in the playoffs?

I'd probably go Jordan and Lebron as 1 and 2 due to Jordan having the mental edge.

Reaction Score
I don't really have a dog in the fight, but citing a finals record is one of the weaker arguments. We're going to penalize Lebron for making the finals, and give credit to Jordan (and others) for having the wherewithal to lose earlier in the playoffs?

I'd probably go Jordan and Lebron as 1 and 2 due to Jordan having the mental edge.
The one and only time I saw Jordan play in person cemented him as the greatest for me. I was at his 55 point game at MSG versus the Knicks. He was retired for about 18 months, hadn’t played a competitive game in almost 21 months, and then during his third game back put up 55 points against that defense. Think about how absurd that was.

Reaction Score
Occam's razer my friend. Also, Do you know what anecdotal evidence means? There are hundred of hours of video evidence of LeBron flopping on the internet.
I've heard him called LeFlop before. And I know at one point when his teams would meet up with the Celtics in the playoffs, Cs fans had all sorts of memes about him, forget what they were though.

Reaction Score

The finals argument used to be used against Tom Brady with Joe Montana. I remember Montana losing to the Vikings at home in the divisional round. It’s a dumb argument. There’s so many factors. It’s also different eras with a salary cap that makes it harder if not impossible to keep a super team together.

Reaction Score
I've heard him called LeFlop before. And I know at one point when his teams would meet up with the Celtics in the playoffs, Cs fans had all sorts of memes about him, forget what they were though.
Then he dunked on KG’s dome

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

I don’t either at this point but I agree.

Also Jordan was never an underdog in any Final he played in. Lebron has carried some pretty weak teams there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom