UMass Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UMass Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Charlton’s play calling and the vanilla routes don’t exactly help our athletes compete at an elite level.

3rd and Long? How about we run from the shotgun!

The guy is a loser.

It’s amazing that anyone here still excuses this.
Not excusing it. Just saying don't be surprised if it doesn't happen. Perceptions are different when the perceiver has more information than others.

Reaction Score
Not excusing it. Just saying don't be surprised if it doesn't happen. Perceptions are different when the perceiver has more information than others.

Yeah I can see how a blind person might think Nick Charlton deserves to keep his job.

We simply do not have an FBS level offense.

There is no reason to keep Nick Charlton.

Reaction Score
He’s 23 and gun shy on running and has no touch. They ain’t going another year with him unless there is zip in the portal.
Welliver is a pro style QB. He is even less a dual threat.

Reaction Score
He’s 23 and gun shy on running and has no touch. They ain’t going another year with him unless there is zip in the portal.
True freshman rarely start over older upperclassmen, even the 5 star guys ride the pine for a year.

Reaction Score
Uh huh.

He'll need to get those legs stronger and quicker to make that play at the next level. At least he steps up into the pocket and makes a decision after scanning his routes. Sometimes awareness can make up for pure speed. Put him on the track team this spring and get those wheels moving. Just kidding although we've had some successful CT track athletes on this team. Sometimes I wonder why they wouldn't bring in track coaches or if guys do that on their own.

Reaction Score
He has 15 carries for negative 79 yards on the season. Granted a lot of that is probably sacks, but he definitely has not been a dual threat at all.
The "old guy" finds it interesting the 49s are winning with Purdy and the Giants with 3rd string DiVito. Maybe looking under the rocks for the player who just needs a chance to get on the field. UConn is not going to get 4 and 5 star athletes unless they find some big $$$$$. Even then probably not. Mora, in MOP wants to win badly. If he doesn't make the coaching changes needed, portal pick-ups that compete on a higher level, and fans coming back to support the team, then I suggest they form a flag football team to represent my university. I am near the end of the conveyor belt and hoping for a 7 game win season before crossing over the river. Thanks to all who post and for wanting the Huskies to compete at a high level. Stay safe.

Reaction Score
He has 15 carries for negative 79 yards on the season. Granted a lot of that is probably sacks, but he definitely has not been a dual threat at all.

I just think it’s funny that Tuthill who knows zippo about the guy posts that. And then the first thing I see on Cole’s feed in his own words is “Dual Threat”.

I don’t care what he is. I just hope we somehow keep him.

Reaction Score
He'll need to get those legs stronger and quicker to make that play at the next level. At least he steps up into the pocket and makes a decision after scanning his routes. Sometimes awareness can make up for pure speed. Put him on the track team this spring and get those wheels moving. Just kidding although we've had some successful CT track athletes on this team. Sometimes I wonder why they wouldn't bring in track coaches or if guys do that on their own.
I will say this, being from Texas, most of these private schools will not beat majority of the public schools in Texas. I am glad he is doing well, but I still wonder why he left Flower Mound Marcus where he was a top qb there, but lost in the first round the year he was there. The toughest schools are in 6A and you have a couple of 5A schools who can definitely beat a couple of 6A schools but not the juggernauts who run 6A. All in all to say take his play with a grain of salt. We will have to see how he does when he comes here against other players from better schools.

Reaction Score
I just think it’s funny that Tuthill who knows zippo about the guy posts that. And then the first thing I see on Cole’s feed in his own words is “Dual Threat”.

I don’t care what he is. I just hope we somehow keep him.
I know there is zero chance of this happening, and I have no idea if he would be any good coaching here, but in the back of my mind I am hoping that Jason Witten being OC of us is part of the deal to keep Cole coming here.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This season should have been a 6 win at least season and another bowl game. Close losses are just that, losses. That needs to change next year and UConn needs to replace a few good players like Watts, Mitchell, and Haynes. All three will have a chance to play at the next level with Haynes being drafted and maybe Mitchell too

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom