UMass Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

UMass Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Welp. Despite my complaining I stuck it out and watched the whole season.

Glad we at least were able to finish out the last two games with wins. No moral victories here, but I’d rather watch an ugly win than an ugly loss. Nice to go out on something of a high note.

There’s a lot of work to be done, that’s for sure. Hope Mora can do what needs to be done.

It’s been real. See you all next season! And happy holidays!

Reaction Score
I know that the difference in the game was all the takeaways early, but rushing for 240 is pretty good. Defense was great all day until they stopped playing on the last drive. I had expected far more defensive performances like that over the course of this year. Unfortunately, they didn’t come earlier.

Disappointing year. Really disappointing year. Glad for the seniors they went out with two wins.

Reaction Score
Important win. 3-9 stinks but we were no where near the worst team in the country this year. That honor belongs to most of the MAC, CUSA, and UMass.

LOL, you calling this an important win is so hypocritical.

I love that we won this important rivalry game.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
For all of you saying winning our last two didn't matter, eat it. This game feels good to end the season! TR is not our QB of the future and I hope we read, very soon, that Charlton has been fired and the search for a new OC is commencing soon.

The ball just did not bounce our way this season. There were ugly loses that might have been closer wins and then expected blow outs. However, the close games we won last year, didn't go our way this year.

On to signing day and hoping we keep our commits and add more!

Thanks to all the seniors. Best of luck in your future and may you always Bleed Blue!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Weird game...weird officiating...lots of missed two point conversions...missed FG...missed XP.

Mora once again took a shot at the offense for not getting more points from the turnovers...lol. He was as frustrated with the offense as we were this year. It will be interesting to see if Charlton survives.

Happy for the seniors. The team played hard all year despite challenges.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For all of you saying winning our last two doesn't matter, eat it. This game feels good to end the season! TR is not our QB of the future and I hope we read, very soon, that Charlton has been fired and the search for a new OC is commencing soon.

The ball just did not bounce our way this season. There were ugly loses that might have been closer wins and then expected blow outs. However, the close games we won last year, didn't go our way this year.

On to signing day and hoping we keep our commits and add more!

Thanks to all the seniors. Best of luck in your future and may you always Bleed Blue!
Put me in the category of glad they won the last two games, the season overall was a disaster and players who are needed to make a difference could care less about 1-11 or 3-9.

Reaction Score
Glad we at least ended this disappointing season on a winning note. On to the offseason - much to fix.

Reaction Score
So will this beatdown of the worst team in the country enable us to “escape” the Bottom 10?

Reaction Score
Great to go out on with a win!

Not going to say we need to build in this. We do. But there should be a big turnover of players. We need to get better in the portal. Coach Mora criticized Deon. But Deon was correct in his actions. Maybe not all the mouth. But we need to win many more games next year. Also need a new O and D coordinator.

Reaction Score
I am not sure how anyone takes anything negative out of today. We won, they lost, and we were on the road. Won by double digits, game never in question.

I think we can all lament over the whole season but maybe not in this thread. Good win today and nicely done Huskies!

Reaction Score
Great to go out on with a win!

Not going to say we need to build in this. We do. But there should be a big turnover of players. We need to get better in the portal. Coach Mora criticized Deon. But Deon was correct in his actions. Maybe not all the mouth. But we need to win many more games next year. Also need a new O and D coordinator.
Most of your best players are going to come from the HS ranks, especially OL. The key is developing them and keeping a core group of players for multiple years and adding in a manageable number of portal players. And, portal players aren't all alike as players have different amounts of eligibility so you can get some with 3 or 4 years of eligibility that still need to be developed and some with 1 year of eligibility that are plug in players.

Reaction Score
Most of your best players are going to come from the HS ranks, especially OL. The key is developing them and keeping a core group of players for multiple years and adding in a manageable number of portal players. And, portal players aren't all alike as players have different amounts of eligibility so you can get some with 3 or 4 years of eligibility that still need to be developed and some with 1 year of eligibility that are plug in players.
I agree. However, we need an abundance of talent that can get on the field next year and complete.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Problem with programs with UConn is that as soon as any player out of HS shows talent, they are more apt to be lured away to bigger schools with more NIL. It's why Mora is harping on needing NIL funds. We got lucky that Mitchell wanted to stay at UConn. That won't happen with all players.

Reaction Score
Happy for the players who stuck it out and the seniors, and happy for the fans that went to todays game. I like many fans can attest to this that after a loss it’s is much miserable to drive in traffic going back home near early sunset in cold weather. Have a lot to work on this offseason and it starts now no days off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom