UConn vs. USF Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. USF Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
How many conference championships have you played in? Did you have more points and assist?

I have to have played in a conference championship to be allowed to point out the obvious?

Reaction Score
I love that USF kept fighting in this. Things will not be as easy as facing East Carolina and Cincy when the regionals starts. Think the BYU and A&M games of last year. This team desperately needed a push back from an opponent.

Reaction Score
For all the moaning and groaning, you think UConn is loosing by 20, instead of the other way around. Sheeshh....

I think Geno said in one interview something to the extent ".... they give out scholarships to the other teams too...".

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Another bogus call on Stokes. Same ref I think that gave her the other 2.

Reaction Score
For all the moaning and groaning, you think UConn is loosing by 20, instead of the other way around. Sheeshh....

The AAC has created completely out of warp expectations of how easy fans think this should be. USF is a good team. And believe it or not this UConn team is human and can be somewhat challenged if the opponent is not afraid.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Well someone at the guard position hasn't played great defense because it's SF's three guards who are doing all the damage.

Yeah like a girl banking in a 3 from 35 feet. Nobody to blame on those. When we played them down there they hit shots in the first half. This time it's the second half. And dont forget the points from the line. They have a lot more of those.

Another on Kiah? And all of a sudden Stokes is a fouling machine? I don't think so.

Reaction Score
Not sure what people are complaining about. USF is playing better than anyone we've played in a while. They're making shots, they are dribble driving, they're playing hard. I'm actually liking their play. Give them a lot of credit. I don't think we're playing bad, USF is playing well. They're going to be a tough out in the NCAA if they play like this. Geno is not complaining to the refs, nor calling out his players. I think he's going to give USF a lot of credit after the game.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I hope USF gets these refs in the NCAA's. They could really go far. I would like to see them go far. Be nice to have another impact team in our Conference.

Reaction Score
Not sure what people are complaining about. USF is playing better than anyone we've played in a while. They're making shots, they are dribble driving, they're playing hard. I'm actually liking their play. Give them a lot of credit. I don't think we're playing bad, USF is playing well. They're going to be a tough out in the NCAA if they play like this. Geno is not complaining to the refs, nor calling out his players. I think he's going to give USF a lot of credit after the game.

Apparently other teams aren't allowed to show up and compete.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
HoopsFan21 said:
84-70 final

70 points. Wow!
I quit watching after start of second half

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
47-point second half for South Florida. They're a nice team but they barely beat Tulane.

Reaction Score
47-point second half for South Florida. They're a nice team but they barely beat Tulane.

It tells me this UConn needs to get better and more focused on the defensive end before next week.

Thankfully they found that out tonight. Better tonight than in Albany. The last time they found it out (Stanford) they got better.

Reaction Score
The main subject is to win, and today Uconn did that plus some reserved gas in the tank.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see KML win MVP but I think MoJeff should win it.

Reaction Score
Why can't we watch the post-game ceremony? I hate that they're going to cut away just so we can find out how South Central Lousiana State University did in their big match up with Western Alabama Community College.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Let's give USF some credit. They have played us tough for several years. Fernandez is a very good coach and his team beleives they can compete. They have some talent to compete. the AAC needs more teams like USF.

As for us, we will be fine.

Reaction Score
It helps to play UConn 2 times already. Not coincidence that Notre Dame has become the second best team in the country, perfecting their game against, who? UConn.

This is a good game for UConn. We absolutely need this kind of competition. Just like USF has gotten better by playing UConn, UConn will get better playing against these type of physical teams. Ultimately it was a comfortable win. The fans have set a high standard. But this was a great win. Good job Huskies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom