UConn (only) recruiting speculation (merged) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn (only) recruiting speculation (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Coach Valley followed for a reason, so I’m guessing she or someone on the Coaching staff feels differently.
Sadly, there's a real shortage of post-players in the portal so a 6'6" player with some skills is going to get attention.......the fact that they have been following her doesn't necessarily mean that they are going to offer her........has anybody from the coaching staff even seen her play in person? Of course, Davis also has a say in this if offered.........I'm sure UConn isn't the only school interested in her services and if playing time is a major consideration she might be interested in other programs "guaranteeing" her immediate court time........I'd love her to be the second coming of Stefanie Dolson but time will tell........

Reaction Score
She is a POI..Class of 2026 on posted list..
Not only the "other really good player," but (I believe) was the POY in their league this year as a Sophomore!
Would love to see her head east to Storrs !
MCKENNA W. is the ARCHBISHOP MITTY player on the receiving end of many of Morgan entry passes. MCKENNA is
a GREAT Athlete. She is the Shortstop on the Mitty Softball team . A 6' 2" defensive wizard with
great range and a rocket arm. But... I think that she would "LOVE" to reconnect with Morgan. They
were known as the " M & M" duet!

Reaction Score
MCKENNA W. is the ARCHBISHOP MITTY player on the receiving end of many of Morgan entry passes. MCKENNA is
a GREAT Athlete. She is the Shortstop on the Mitty Softball team . A 6' 2" defensive wizard with
great range and a rocket arm. But... I think that she would "LOVE" to reconnect with Morgan. They
were known as the " M & M" duet!
I like Woliczko -- she has great skills at both ends of the court. She is 6'2" but Id wager she has the wingspan of someone much taller. The only downside is that she's not very big. I can't see her grappling with D1 level bigs in the paint. What she mainly knows about paint scoring is how to put the ball up quickly without bringing it down. And while she has a good midrange game and is quite crafty with the ball around the rim, I'm not sure her handles are quite good enough to be merely a wing. I think of her as a quicker, rangier Caroline, but without the same perimeter game or the post skills. She could well develop all of this -- in fact, I'd bet on it -- but there is that risk.

Reaction Score
Curious why there is so much focus on recruiting a guard, with shooting guards mentioned the most. Huskies have 6 strong guards led by the 2024-25 best guard in the US, Paige, who will continue to demand major minutes. We also have strong wings coming in or back in Q, Cheli, and Griffin, allowing Geno to go with a small forward instead of a 3 guard lineup as needed. While I expect Ice's knee to have fully healed and Strong to contribute immediately, the other UConn bigs are coming off major injuries. Seems like a big who is a strong defender and rebounder, while more difficult to find, would add a lot.
Ajae Petty out of Kentucky - looks very similar to Aaliyah Edwards. She runs the floor, knows how to finish, strong rebounder.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
GRAIN OF SALT TIME

On Edit: This appears to be related to the UConn Men

So, keep in mind the UConn men are looking at a Villanova guard. don’t know if this is a men’s team or women’s team post, if it’s real at all

7183C331-C658-47BB-BB8B-643DF255E830.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
GRAIN OF SALT TIME

So, keep in mind the UConn men are looking at a Villanova guard. don’t know if this is a men’s team or women’s team post, if it’s real at all

View attachment 99407
Don't know if this guy is good enough to play at UConn but he just went into the portal.

Reaction Score
Probably an experienced replacement for Spencer. The freshman coming in this fall, Isiah Abraham, can really shoot too. Plus UConn is in on McNeeley from Montverde. Maybe the top wing/shooter in the 2024 class. Was committed to Indiana but reopened his recruitment.

Reaction Score
GRAIN OF SALT TIME

View attachment 99407

This is def for the men

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
She's the one in the portal I really want. Aside from Iriafin, should she enter. I think she'd start from day 1 and give Jana a chance to ease into the rotation...
After waiting for a year, maybe Jana does not want to ease into the rotation. :) However, if Beers does commit to UConn, that would solidify the post position for the next five years with three quality players at least 6'4". That should satisfy the BYers who say we need bigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom