UCONN Huskies: Big Ten's What If | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UCONN Huskies: Big Ten's What If

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Or you could simply put a house down just about anywhere in Minnesota. It might be slightly warmer than the Antarctic ;)

We don't have as much water as advertised & it's all the same sub 10 F :eek:

But seriously, draining a lake for human consumption - man that has a lot more damaging, long term effects than spoken.

Btw, the reality of massive freshwater aquifers are beyond interesting science. And the risks of tapping them are substantially less than a lot of the ocean floor oil deposits. A freshwater spill into the ocean seems a bit more harmless than black gold.

Reaction Score
They don't need to turn Rutgers into NYC's team, they only need to turn them into New Jersey's team and it will pay off.

Correct. I'm still amazed some people don't grasp this. Delany is not banking on RU bringing NYC. The idea is ridiculous. No single team brings NYC. You need a combination of teams to even make a dent in the market. That said if you want to try, UCONN is one of those teams you need.

Reaction Score
I want to commend you on the courage you are demonstrating by insulting the Big Ten, Ohio State and Michigan on a UConn board. Sheer courage man.

You started another thread how UConn belongs in the ACC. You do realize you can help with that? Join the ACC as their 15th school in all sports. UConn will walk into the ACC as the 16th school right behind you on your red carpet.

I would not wait on that. It is not likely to happen, especially any time soon.

Reaction Score
It may very well be the case that UConn joins the ACC before the B1G and it certainly should if the ACC is the first of the two conferences to extend an invitation. However, my impression – although the ACC posters can correct me if I am wrong – is that the ACC will likely not pursue further expansion in the hopes that Notre Dame will eventually elect to join full time as the 15th school at which time a 16th school such as UConn would be added. What is the likelihood that Notre Dame will join the ACC full time? It is my impression - although the Notre Dame posters can correct me if I am wrong - that Notre Dame intends to remain independent in football for the forseeable future.

Absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak