Tyler Matakevich!! | The Boneyard

Tyler Matakevich!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Temple linebacker from CT had 19 TACKLES today and 15 against USF! The kid is only a Freshmen. I heard the commentator saying he wanted to play for Uconn but we never offered him a scholarship. In an interview this week PP was also asked why didn't he offer the kid a scholarship... he said and I quote "no comment" I don't see why he' playing for Temple when he should be on our roster. I thought PP was brought in to help with in state recruits??

Reaction Score
19 tackles for a freshman is freakish. Thanks for making me more depressed. Now I will spend the rest of my night thinking about Vin Baker and Austin Croshere.

Reaction Score
19 tackles for a freshman is freakish. Thanks for making me more depressed. Now I will spend the rest of my night thinking about Vin Baker and Austin Croshere.

I feel your pain my friend...

Reaction Score
I think he was never looked at by Uconn period..

He had to be looked at. His name was mentioned in the Boneyard many, many times. He was at Milford academy last year when we were recruiting Dobbs.

Reaction Score
. HFD may be able to confirm if he's still alive.

This should be its own thread. Hopefully he won't do a John Bonham or Janis Joplin tonight. Someone should check the roof of his house or Warde Manuel's driveway.

Reaction Score
He had to be looked at. His name was mentioned in the Boneyard many, many times. He was at Milford academy last year when we were recruiting Dobbs.

Somebody should have mentioned him to PP instead of the BY

Reaction Score
Somebody should have mentioned him to PP instead of the BY

Iowa can scour these threads for recruits but our coaches can't? He was definitely on the radar here and I just thought we got beat out for him. Apparently we beat ourselves.

Reaction Score
Geez - linebacker is the one position I think we've done pretty good with over the years... Can't grab them all and you have no clue if PP made that statement or the LB Coach/Recruiting Coordinator.

He played running back and line backer at St. Joe's. They won the Class S state title his junior and senior year mainly thanks to his efforts - he was a man among boys out there. Bottom line, he is football player through and through, there's no excuse he should not be at UConn since that's all he wanted. Sure, we're stacked at LB right now, but wouldn't he be great depth (since we have 2 srs leaving after this season) or as a better option at fullback?

Reaction Score
This just adds to the frustration of this season....there has been soo much negative stuff ever since the BCS and National Championship, it's crazy, something has to turn in the right direction for UConn. Although, down at Mohegan I've thought the same way and kept losing so who knows. Like JS said, good for him for sticking it up PPs ass. I wish him the best.

Reaction Score
He played running back and line backer at St. Joe's. They won the Class S state title his junior and senior year mainly thanks to his efforts - he was a man among boys out there. Bottom line, he is football player through and through, there's no excuse he should not be at UConn since that's all he wanted. Sure, we're stacked at LB right now, but wouldn't he be great depth (since we have 2 srs leaving after this season) or as a better option at fullback?

Geez - kinda sounds like our guys from Jersey...

Reaction Score
duck if he was on the radar he needed a scholarship! The kid can flat out play and we never offered... In an interview Pasqualoni didn't even want to comment about why he didn't give Tyler a scholarship. The kid had 15 tackles and 2 tackles for lost against USF! and 19 tackles with a tip pass against us and he almost had a sack and he's only a FRESHMEN ( a true freshmen) the kids a beast!! I'm sorry but there's a lot of talent in CT in my eye's duck what Edsall feels.

Reaction Score
duck if he was on the radar he needed a scholarship! The kid can flat out play and we never offered... In an interview Pasqualoni didn't even want to comment about why he didn't give Tyler a scholarship. The kid had 15 tackles and 2 tackles for lost against USF! and 19 tackles with a tip pass against us and he almost had a sack and he's only a FRESHMEN ( a true freshmen) the kids a beast!! I'm sorry but there's a lot of talent in CT in my eye's duck what Edsall feels.

Do you remember who did the interview?

Reaction Score
I just want to read it - not questioning your reporting it.

20:40 into the interview he was asked the question about Tyler. I re-watched the video just now and "no comment" wasn't his exact words, but he didn't want to comment on that question is what he said. I watched the video last night and posted this, this afternoon sorry man! Click on "Football takes on Temple" video.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/conn-m-footbl-body.html#

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak