Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - Sweet 16 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - Sweet 16

Reaction Score
Before almost every tourney game we play, analysts say why the opponent is a problem for us, yet we always roll by 20+
I used to bet but quit many years ago and I never bet on UConn. I'm so anti-legal sports betting the way it is and will never bet on UConn....knowing I'm leaving serious money on the table. I have to imagine a lot of UConn fans and other smart betters are winning tons of money on us. For them, keep doing what you're doing. And then kick back to UConn NIL.

Reaction Score
Yea he’s not LeBron James lmao. Steph can handle him
I recognize you are often one of the more confident posters, I don’t dislike it or disagree. Just saying, don’t expect a shut down. Shannon is on a heater, 30 ppg over the last 7. We haven’t played anyone like him. I have all the confidence in Steph, but don’t set expectations on this specific matchup too high, is all I am going to say.

Reaction Score
I recognize you are often one of the more confident posters, I don’t dislike it or disagree. Just saying, don’t expect a shut down. Shannon is on a heater, 30 ppg over the last 7. We haven’t played anyone like him. I have all the confidence in Steph, but don’t set expectations on this specific matchup too high, is all I am going to say.
Which means he’s due.

I’m not saying he won’t get his.

But I don’t expect him to dominate the matchup in the slightest. I mean our guy just had 16 and 11 lmao.

Steph and Clingan are more than capable of making his night very hard.

Also remember, he hasn’t seen anything like us either

Reaction Score
Which means he’s due.

But I don’t expect him to dominate the matchup in the slightest.

Steph and Clingan are more than capable of making his night very hard
He ain't getting his 30+. He'll meet Steph, then he'll meet Hass, then he'll meet Donovan.

I've seen Illinois play all year. They're playing their best ball now but handle Shannon and they're pretty ordinary. Domask is a nice offensive player and Coleman Hawkins is a veteran junkyard dog but we have advantages all over the place again.

Reaction Score
Which means he’s due.

But I don’t expect him to dominate the matchup in the slightest. I mean our guy just had 16 and 11 lmao.

Steph and Clingan are more than capable of making his night very hard.

Also remember, he hasn’t seen anything like us either
That’s why i’ve said Steph is the most well equipped guy to guard him probably. But their offense as a whole is great. And we need to stay out of foul trouble. Steph has had to be taken out a bunch recently with 2 in the first half.

Reaction Score
Maybe the hottest pick in my bracket is Gonzaga over Purdue, for no reason other than it’s Matt Painter vs. the month of March
Media heads would love a redemption story 2.0. I think Purdue at least makes the championship.

Clingan/eddy and redemption vs repeat would be easy to market.

Reaction Score
I refuse to believe the ACC is this good.
They aren't, they are just top heavy. Everyone knew UNC and Duke were good, and Clemson shouldn't have been a shock as the 3rd. Only shock for me was NC State who Marquette HOPEFULLY takes out. After that they sucked, exmaple: Virginia.

Reaction Score
Shannon kind of does the speedier version of Bryce Hopkins. He crashes into defenders at full speed and gets the foul call.
Always. Even when there is no foul, saw it yesterday. Castle needs to take him the same way.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We could legit beat Clemson by 40. We just beat SDSU by 30.
Clemson is better than SDSU. I expected that they'd beat Arizona. I didn't expect UNC to shoot so badly against a bad Alabama team. Clemson is probably final four bound.

Reaction Score
Only one of you has mentioned it so far (@superjohn) but Diarra is going to be just as important as Steph in covering Shannon this game. There is a significant chance that Steph picks up 2 fouls in the 1st half, particularly since Shannon often gets a friendly whistle (as several of you have already mentioned)... and Diarra is going to have to do what he does, which is to also be an excellent lock down defender.

Steph has shown a penchant to pick up 2 fouls in the first half and Shannon is going to try his best to force Steph into it. How Danny manages both Steph and Hassan guarding Shannon is going to be a huge key to this game.

Let's get up early so we can dictate to them how this is going to go. Put all of the pressure on Shannon to be otherworldly.

Reaction Score
it’s bad optics for Sweet 16 games and there are empty sections down low in the beginning.

Reaction Score
Not a great crowd for NC State vs Marquette. Not a great matchup to be played in TX. They don't pick up local interest in those teams.

Reaction Score
NC State looks more physically imposing then Marquette but Marquette hanging in they gotta get going though like now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom