Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - Sweet 16 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - Sweet 16

Reaction Score
I think our defense carries the day against Illinois but I wouldn't be surprised to see it stay inside of 10 pts.

Reaction Score
Really doesn’t matter though.

Steph is one of the most versatile defenders in the country
It does matter, Shannon is a freight train who can really shoot as well, Boo is a smaller shooter who struggles getting shots up around the rim.

With that said, Steph is probably the best equipped player to guard Shannon, just has to stay out of foul trouble.

Reaction Score
It does matter, Shannon is a freight train who can really shoot as well, Boo is a smaller shooter who struggles getting shots up around the rim.

With that said, Steph is probably the best equipped player to guard Shannon, just has to stay out of foul trouble.
The point had nothing to do with bouie and Shannon. It had everything to do with Castle. He’s locked down every assignment since BE play. I see him doing it again. If we lose it won’t be because Shannon cooked Steph.

Freight trains don’t fare well against Clingan btw.

Reaction Score
The concourse was full of Illinois fans yelling their chanta and some of them were talking trash about UConn. It's expected. Hopefully UConn defeats them and send them back home disappointed

Reaction Score
Shannon kind of does the speedier version of Bryce Hopkins. He crashes into defenders at full speed and gets the foul call.
Usually in transition. UConn does a phenomenal job at controlling the pace and not turning the ball over. Shannon is MUCH less scary in the half court

Reaction Score
Every higher seed lost today, except the one highest seed that matters.

Reaction Score
Not necessarily. They need to offensive rebound and hit threes. They have 4 or 5 guys who shoot the 3 well. An exceptional performance is needed.
They need to do all that AND Shannon is going to have to Cook Steph. The dude’s last month is littered with 30 and even 40 point games. There’s no realistic scenario they win without him dropping 25 minimum. Their offense completely stalled when he was on the bench tonight.

Reaction Score
They need to do all that AND Shannon is going to have to Cook Steph. The dude’s last month is littered with 30 and even 40 point games. There’s no realistic scenario they win without him dropping 25 minimum. Their offense completely stalled when he was on the bench tonight.
I don’t see him dropping 25 on Steph. AT ALL. So if that’s the case, how much are flights from CT to Phoenix?

Reaction Score
I don’t see him dropping 25 on Steph. AT ALL. So if that’s the case, how much are flights from CT to Phoenix?
I think the more likely scenario for an Illinois win is Castle is on the bench with foul trouble and Shannon goes for his 25. Dude is a different animal than we’ve seen all year.

Reaction Score
I think the more likely scenario for an Illinois win is Castle is on the bench with foul trouble and Shannon goes for his 25. Dude is a different animal than we’ve seen all year.
I still don’t see it. He got most of his points tonight on straight line drives and wide open 3’s. None of those will be available. Unless UConn is turning the ball over and/or is ice cold and Illinois is getting rebs and pushing it idk how he gets 25. He’s not like a 1v1 iso scorer

Reaction Score

They’re cooked. They already won their superbowl

This is huge. Last coach to rip their shirt off before they played us:

ncaa-mens-basketball-tournament---second-round---des-moines.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member