Tori McCoy won't sign until April 2016 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tori McCoy won't sign until April 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I'll probably get the BY "verbal tazer" for saying it, but I am not sure just how big a "get" either of these two posts would be. Yes, of course, I defer to the coaches and their recruiting expertise. That's a given. But having watched both players via video, I think they both might be more like short term projects. And that's not all bad (remembering Ms. Dolson). Maybe by sophomore year, possibly junior they both could be major contributors. Watching the U19's, Cox appeared lost rather often. McCoy might be more game-ready, but her high school competition has been rather iffy.

Heck, if Geno and CD want them onboard, that's good enough for me. Let's sign them both. But if neither signs with UConn (and that is a distinct possibility), it won't trash my hopes for the future.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
In any event, I wish we had punctuation police. Lack of commas grates like fingernails on a chalkboard. :(

A good rule:

"Avoid run-on sentences they are hard to read."

Reaction Score
Wonder what a "proverbial offer" is? The one they used to always talk about giving? :confused: :D

I am not familiar with the author of the tweet, but I wonder if he meant "provisional offer"?

HGN

Reaction Score
He apparently offered during a home visit in March:

If he did Offer during the home visit and she hasn't accepted by now , he may certainly take it that she isn't interested and move on. And who could blame him ?

Reaction Score
If he did Offer during the home visit and she hasn't accepted by now , he may certainly take it that she isn't interested and move on. And who could blame him ?
I disagree. Cox was offered and has not committed, but GA is still recruiting her. I assume the same would apply to McCoy.

HGN

Reaction Score
I disagree. Cox was offered and has not committed, but GA is still recruiting her. I assume the same would apply to McCoy.
I said he may take it that she is not interested...But I hope you're right.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I said he may take it that she is not interested...But I hope you're right.
To carry your point forward: He may conclude that she is not interested enough. It's well known that he really likes kids who want to be at UCONN, ie, who know early on they want to be there, and go ahead and commit. Since he needs bigs, he'll probably be more patient here than he normally would, but I'll bet there's a limit in her case.

JS

Reaction Score
Personally, I'd like to see you keep doing it. People are never too old to learn.
I respectively disagree.

Some are too old to learn when their still young.

A person like that is even more too old to learn when they get old. This later type is a good candidate for the Boneyard.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I respectively disagree.

Some are too old to learn when their still young.

A person like that is even more too old to learn when they get old. This later type is a good candidate for the Boneyard.

I'll skip your errant use of their instead of they're and instead simply quote the wise Pennsylvania Dutch adage:

"Ve grow too soon aldt und too late smart."

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
More and more top recruits are waiting and weighing their options while never letting on to where they want to go. It is more apparent now then in past years. Ive have heard this from a few coaches. A lot of what is said is asked not to be put on the boards either. The tweet that is mentioned in this thread comes from a friend who knows what he's talking about . https://lovepeoplesports.wordpress.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom