Tori McCoy won't sign until April 2016 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tori McCoy won't sign until April 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is she a UCONN type player? My guess is she is holding back for a reason...
Cox and or McCoy are UCONN type players. Why McCoy is waiting until April could be anyone's guess. In the last 4 recruiting class 2013-2016 UCONN has signed only 2 players capable of playing in the post-Boykin & Irwin both are 6'2"(Maybe) Butler was a transfer. UCONN can't keep losing out on top 5-10 ranked post players like (Wilson, Mavunga Turner, Reimer, & Brown) and think it will not impact our ability to stay on top eventually.

Reactions: HGN
Reaction Score
Cox and or McCoy are UCONN type players. Why McCoy is waiting until April could be anyone's guess. In the last 4 recruiting class 2013-2016 UCONN has signed only 2 players capable of playing in the post-Boykin & Irwin both are 6'2"(Maybe) Butler was a transfer. UCONN can't keep losing out on top 5-10 ranked post players like (Wilson, Mavunga Turner, Reimer, & Brown) and think it will not impact our ability to stay on top eventually.
So far, good :cool:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm not aware that Geno has made an offer to McCoy or is still targeting her. I'm getting the sense he's backed off. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I'm not aware that Geno has made an offer to McCoy or is still targeting her. I'm getting the sense he's backed off. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

He apparently offered during a home visit in March:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Seems to me UCONN waited at least that long for A'ja Wilson. April 16th, 2014 to be exact. In Geno we have to trust he'll know if the player is worth the wait, and he certainly will have a plan B, C, D... even if it involves the classes after McCoy.
and we all know how that turned out, some dont like to get burned twice

Reaction Score
I agree with you there. So, I would expect even if there is mutual interest until April, 2016, GA will also be pursuing other alternatives or additional post players in succeeding classes.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't know about that- getting burned-UCONN still won NC. Turner is/was a better ft for UCONN IMO.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The only player in McCoy'c class that fits that third criteria is Cox.

Ahem.

". . . that third criterion. . . . "

Just one - criterion. Two or more, criteria. ;)

Very common error. Even Rhodes Scholar Rachel Maddow flubs this one - almost nightly.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
He apparently offered during a home visit in March:

This tweeter has no idea what took place during those home visits as evidenced by his reference to a "proverbial offer" whatever that is.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This tweeter has no idea what took place during those home visits as evidenced by his reference to a "proverbial offer" whatever that is.
Putting aside the proverbial offer part of the tweet are saying/suggesting/implying that offers were not made to Cox and McCoy?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Putting aside the proverbial offer part of the tweet are saying/suggesting/implying that offers were not made to Cox and McCoy?

Not saying that. There is no doubt Cox has been offered and Geno really wants her. There's less certainty about McCoy.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Maybe, maybe not. He's not just a "tweeter" though. He runs a BB recruiting site and consistently gives out info, verbals, commitments, etc through social media.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Ah Kib, love your stuff, but you are getting to be a pain in the pucker between the cheeks! To this recent penchant I say:

I regret annoying you posts that aimed cheerful "ahems" at other 'Yarders.

I offer my sincere apology.

I also offer my suggestion to you that you avail yourself of the IGNORE button for any and all of my posts.

I will add my promise that if other Boneyarders find posts of mine to be annoying or offensive (with or without a Disney musical animation attached) I shall simply cease and desist.

Reaction Score
Maybe, maybe not. He's not just a "tweeter" though. He runs a BB recruiting site and consistently gives out info, verbals, commitments, etc through social media.
And almost all of that recruiting info was posted by someone else on Twitter, which he then copies and retweets without attributing the source.

In the case of Tori McCoy, he probably assumed an offer was made based on the home visit, using "proverbial" to hedge his bets. That recent News-Gazette article, based on an extensive interview with McCoy, included a lengthy list of schools who had offered her, notably missing UConn. If she had a UConn offer, wouldn't she have mentioned it to the writer?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
That recent News-Gazette article, based on an extensive interview with McCoy, included a lengthy list of schools who had offered her, notably missing UConn. If she had a UConn offer, wouldn't she have mentioned it to the writer?

My only guess is that it might have been an oversight. The article said it was a "sample" of the schools that have offered, but you may be right.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

I also offer my suggestion to you that you avail yourself of the IGNORE button for any and all of my posts.

I will add my promise that if other Boneyarders find posts of mine to be annoying or offensive (with or without a Disney musical animation attached) I shall simply cease and desist.
It's not particularly you Kibs, it's just the grammar nazi's (and there are few on here) are getting to be more annoying than the actual poor grammar.

there-their-theyre-26253.jpg

Reaction Score
I recall that Jessica Moore was a bit of a fashionista as well, and
that Geno, in his over-the-top manner, called her a "girly girl"
who cared more about whether her scarf matched her handbag
than she did about getting a rebound . . .

. . . which, of course, was nonsense since we all recall that Jess
was an excellent and important player for the Huskies. None
will forget that she finished the fourth quarter of that championship
game against Tennessee with an injured ACL. A real warrior.

Maybe another but I recall Cassie Kerns being called "girly girl".

Mainly recall that J.Moore (Alaska) was a Project from the start--that became a pretty good center.

Reaction Score
It's not particularly you Kibs, it's just the grammar nazi's (and there are few on here) are getting to be more annoying than the actual poor grammar.

there-their-theyre-26253.jpg
Be kind to YOUR ENEMIES----remember---you MADE THEM!!!

Reaction Score
My only guess is that it might have been an oversight. The article said it was a "sample" of the schools that have offered, but you may be right.

In the article the schools were listed by conference. Perhaps she didn't
remember (or know) the conference that UConn was in.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not saying that. There is no doubt Cox has been offered and Geno really wants her. There's less certainty about McCoy.
Sorry to be so obstinate, the same tweet mentions that UCONN has made offers to Cox and McCoy. You believe (and reinforce) the first part of the tweet and cast doubt on the last part. Why?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

Personally, I'd like to see you keep doing it. People are never too old to learn.

I'm just hurt because you didn't respond to my post hinting that you'd missed one. ["I respectively disagree"] :p

In any event, I wish we had punctuation police. Lack of commas grates like fingernails on a chalkboard. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom