Tori McCoy won't sign until April 2016 | The Boneyard

Tori McCoy won't sign until April 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
according to a tweet from Keil Moore.

Its unusual for UConn recruits to wait until Spring to sign. We'll just have to wait and see.

Reaction Score
The info actually comes from a new espnW feature article on McCoy, which Moore fails to cite as his source. The article says McCoy has so far made only two visits, both unofficial, to Illinois and Louisville, so it does seem like she's at an early stage in her recruiting process.

Reaction Score
according to a tweet from Keil Moore.

Its unusual for UConn recruits to wait until Spring to sign. We'll just have to wait and see.
I doubt that UConn will "wait and see". I think after the Fall, they will move onto their 2017 targets.

HGN

Reaction Score
If McCoy waits until April 2016 , a lot of her desired destinations may have moved on. The injury she suffered last season may have delayed her recruiting process somewhat. Thus , she has not taken any Official visits.

Hopefully UConn is on her Unofficial short list , and we get an Official Visit.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I doubt that UConn will "wait and see". I think after the Fall, they will move onto their 2017 targets.
Seems to me UCONN waited at least that long for A'ja Wilson. April 16th, 2014 to be exact. In Geno we have to trust he'll know if the player is worth the wait, and he certainly will have a plan B, C, D... even if it involves the classes after McCoy.

Reaction Score
Seems to me UCONN waited at least that long for A'ja Wilson. April 16th, 2014 to be exact. In Geno we have to trust he'll know if the player is worth the wait, and he certainly will have a plan B, C, D... even if it involves the classes after McCoy.
There isn't a question about Geno's B,C,D...plan. It is a question of McCoys plans: A: go to UCONN or B, C, D, E, F, G.....(ALL OTHER), plans and not be sure of getting a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There isn't a question about Geno's B,C,D...plan. It is a question of McCoys plans: A: go to UCONN or B, C, D, E, F, G.....(ALL OTHER), plans and not be sure of getting a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!
Kmoney opined " I doubt that UConn will "wait and see". I think after the Fall, they will move onto their 2017 targets." My response was to disagree with that opinion. Now I have to disagree with you, this has everything to do with UCONN & Geno's plans and nothing to do with McCoy's plans for National Championships. Did you happen to criss-cross your threads?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The info actually comes from a new espnW feature article on McCoy, which Moore fails to cite as his source. The article says McCoy has so far made only two visits, both unofficial, to Illinois and Louisville, so it does seem like she's at an early stage in her recruiting process.
Lots of good & new information in the article thanks for posting. The girl is a fashion Diva people-the good kind-. If she ever makes it to UCONN Campus and Morgan Tuck-the original fashion Diva- of the very best kind- is not her roommate/role model/ homie etc. UCONN will have lost a serious opportunity. Tori is going to be a HS cheerleader this coming fall-I'm not sure where to go with this one just yet! Tori's younger sister (refereed to a rising junior-subject of a debate in another thread) is holding an offer from The Ohio State University. Tori is very close to her sister, which could/ may/might be enough to make her lean to OSU.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Lots of good & new information in the article thanks for posting. The girl is a fashion Diva people-the good kind-. If she ever makes it to UCONN Campus and Morgan Tuck-the original fashion Diva- of the very best kind- is not her roommate/role model/ homie etc. UCONN will have lost a serious opportunity. Tori is going to be a HS cheerleader this coming fall-I'm not sure where to go with this one just yet! Tori's younger sister (refereed to a rising junior-subject of a debate in another thread) is holding an offer from The Ohio State University. Tori is very close to her sister, which could/ may/might be enough to make her lean to OSU.
Nah, CD and Cash had that way before Tuck.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score

^^ or Louisville, which is the only unofficial she has taken(other than the aforementioned Illinois which is a mess right now), and not that far from OSU.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
^^ or Louisville, which is the only unofficial she has taken(other than the aforementioned Illinois which is a mess right now), and not that far from OSU.
Do the Cardinals have room for McCoy and or Cox with Fuering,-who I highly underestimated until HS Allstar games- DeGrate, and Shook coming in ?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
For some reason a phrase keeps running through my head as I read this thread: The Quick and The Dead. I think it has to do with the commitment that it takes to be great, which comes to some at an early age, and the lack thereof in very many otherwise gifted athletes.

Reaction Score
"But even though Madison is now 6 feet and a rising junior, ...."

Clearly the "rising" refers to her rising height :cool:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Do the Cardinals have room for McCoy and or Cox with Fuering,-who I highly underestimated until HS Allstar games- DeGrate, and Shook coming in ?

If they dont, they will make room :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Nah, CD and Cash had that way before Tuck.

I recall that Jessica Moore was a bit of a fashionista as well, and
that Geno, in his over-the-top manner, called her a "girly girl"
who cared more about whether her scarf matched her handbag
than she did about getting a rebound . . .

. . . which, of course, was nonsense since we all recall that Jess
was an excellent and important player for the Huskies. None
will forget that she finished the fourth quarter of that championship
game against Tennessee with an injured ACL. A real warrior.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
^^^hey now, I take exception to that comment.

Rising sophomore Freeman ( who barely saw anytime as a freshman) has transferred to Colorado. That puts our current roster at 12. However, I keep hearing a certain upperclassman is looking to transfer for more playing time. At this point it is just a highly talked about rumor, so I have included her in the current roster numbers.

Whether that player stays or transfers, she would graduate next year, bringing our numbers to 11. We have one Verbal in 2016, which is Shook. That takes us back to 12.

Technically that leaves us 3 spots left, for the 2016 class, if all schollys are awarded. So yes, there is most def. room for Cox and McCoy.

Reaction Score
Her unofficial visits were back in February. She's obviously in no hurry & there's lots of time til any decision is made. :D

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
If McCoy waits until April 2016 , a lot of her desired destinations may have moved on. The injury she suffered last season may have delayed her recruiting process somewhat. Thus , she has not taken any Official visits.

Hopefully UConn is on her Unofficial short list , and we get an Official Visit.

She's a top 10 recruit by Hoopgurlz and BlueStar....even if she waits, I can't see anyone passing on her if she's a good kid and has that much upside.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
I never understood the logic behind waiting til April. Don't expect everyone else to wait with or for you. Unless your a Maya M, DT, or Stewie type etc.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I never understood the logic behind waiting til April. Don't expect everyone else to wait with or for you. Unless your a Maya M, DT, or Stewie type etc.
I disagree, every coach ( including Geno) that is currently interested in McCoy will wait until April just like they (including Geno) waited last year for Wilson. Only the school that signs Cox will be less interested in McCoy-assuming Cox signs before McCoy.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
There is a reason why the fall signing period is called the 'early signing period'. I know that recruiting continues to shift younger and younger, and the NCAA just made it possible to take official visits in the spring, but I think it is unreasonable for fans to put their expectations on HS kids. It is a big decision, one that has a huge impact for the rest of your life. And it is not just what happens in the four years or the athletic development, but a large number of your lifelong friendships are made in college including a fair percentage of partnerships, as well as business contacts, etc. And most of the kids in their class are not making college decisions until the late winter when they start getting acceptance letters.

As for Geno moving on - Uconn typically 'moves on' when they: feel the athlete is not that interested, feel that the match to their program is not that good, or have received a commitment from a similar player and no longer have the space or need. The only player in McCoy'c class that fits that third criteria is Cox, and she too is far from making her decision as far as anyone knows. If either player were to commit to Uconn, I suspect that would complete the class as they would be well above their typical roster number. If a post player in a future class committed, it might alter their thinking a little, but it doesn't look like that is likely to happen either.

Reaction Score
Is she a UCONN type player? My guess is she is holding back for a reason.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom