Thread on the old people board | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Thread on the old people board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
  • Third you have the physical game differences: Smaller basketballs, shorter 3 PT line. These two combine to increase shooting percentages both close and far to help compensate for the lack of comparable athletic ability.

Not according to the women's fans. I remember them telling me when I posted that one time that the smaller basketballs were harder to shoot. They were serious.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
On the court: there is really no good way to compare the two.

They're two different sports.

men's basketball:women's basketball as baseball:softball

Reaction Score
Many do understand bb. It's not a holier than thou attitude. It usually is an insecurity thing that prevents people from being gracious about accomplishments. Something happened in their lives that prevents people from enjoying their accomplishments without putting other people down.

Nothing happened in my life Fleudy........all good here!

Reaction Score
For obvious reasons, threads like this, pitting the fans of the women vs men's fans is a collosial waste of time.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Nothing happened in my life Fleudy........all good here!
LOL! When I wrote that line I thought of you and in my head said there are exceptions like mau's hate on AO or my contempt for JH. And I said to myself I better clarify things because people will gravitate to the exceptions and believe I'm of the opinion that everyone should be perfect. No such expectation on my part cause none of us are perfect and we'll be miserable trying to find someone who is or trying to make each other perfect. But it was a long enough post and I hoped people would grasp that my sentiments were meant as a general guidance and not hard and fast. With that said I will maintain that there are two reasons that guide all of our behavior - nurture and nature. And that combo is different for each and every one of us. Furthermore the way we express ourselves or act is reflective of all the events that precede the current moment. So somewhere in our happy lives, mau, someone like AO was a source of irritation to you and me.

Reaction Score
LOL fleudy.......threads on AO and anyone daring to compare women's hoops to men's are something to which I gravitate to in a rather premeditated attitude of "WTF"?? Call it irritation or just plain ole I can't believe people, I need to calm on these 2 as I admit to my irrational behavior.......but all in all I don't care!!;)

Reaction Score
If JC could have kept his players for the full four years I think there would be even more banners on the wall

Think if Rip, KEA, MEK, Gordon, Kemba, Caron, Ray just to name a few all HAD to return. There are more titles attached to those names and the teams they played on.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
LOL fleudy.......threads on AO and anyone daring to compare women's hoops to men's are something to which I gravitate to in a rather premeditated attitude of "WTF"?? Call it irritation or just plain ole I can't believe people, I need to calm on these 2 as I admit to my irrational behavior.......but all in all I don't care!!;)
The only reason any of us need to care is that trigger points cause our blood pressure to rise. Sooner or later our bodies get worn out over this . If the trigger points are many, those people wear out pretty quickly. For most of us, where the trigger points are minimal, we can either learn to let it go or not.

Although we all might share specific turds with one another everyone's collection of is unique to themselves. I'm learning to reduce the impact my collection of has on me. I must admit it isn't easy but I'm glad I'm trying. This forum is great for me. It gives me an opportunity to see if people can get on my nerves or make me angry without having to go to a lot of trouble. I get to find out really quickly if I have changed and am able to not let people or topics impact me negatively.

I expect the last turd for me to fix will be when I'm screaming at the tv because a UConn players really screws up and not boil over when my wife tells me to cool it. I've asked her to leave the room many times cause I can only work on one turd at a time.

BTW there is a thread on the women's board that discusses the change of the women's game amongst the the top ten or so programs. Some of those posters have come to realize that the athleticism of the fifty or so best women players has resulted in more tightly contested game that interferes with passing. Of course some of them still think it's because there has been a change in the way games are called and players are womanhandling one another.

I remember fishy posting something that said of all the forums that shouldn't criticize men's bb for being a game of thuggery, the UConn women's posters should be the last to make that assertion because the one thing Geno has done really well is to have his players play with the type of defensive intensity that is grind and bump. Bottom line is I want to play a pick up game with the woman's team. They can bump and grind me all they want.

Reaction Score
The only reason any of us need to care is that trigger points cause our blood pressure to rise. Sooner or later our bodies get worn out over this . If the trigger points are many, those people wear out pretty quickly. For most of us, where the trigger points are minimal, we can either learn to let it go or not.

Although we all might share specific turds with one another everyone's collection of is unique to themselves. I'm learning to reduce the impact my collection of has on me. I must admit it isn't easy but I'm glad I'm trying. This forum is great for me. It gives me an opportunity to see if people can get on my nerves or make me angry without having to go to a lot of trouble. I get to find out really quickly if I have changed and am able to not let people or topics impact me negatively.

I expect the last turd for me to fix will be when I'm screaming at the tv because a UConn players really screws up and not boil over when my wife tells me to cool it. I've asked her to leave the room many times cause I can only work on one turd at a time.

BTW there is a thread on the women's board that discusses the change of the women's game amongst the the top ten or so programs. Some of those posters have come to realize that the athleticism of the fifty or so best women players has resulted in more tightly contested game that interferes with passing. Of course some of them still think it's because there has been a change in the way games are called and players are womanhandling one another.

I remember fishy posting something that said of all the forums that shouldn't criticize men's bb for being a game of thuggery, the UConn women's posters should be the last to make that assertion because the one thing Geno has done really well is to have his players play with the type of defensive intensity that is grind and bump. Bottom line is I want to play a pick up game with the woman's team. They can bump and grind me all they want.
We have had some cute girls over the years. As great as they have been, they have also been one of the better looking teams. Doty is the leader right now.

Reaction Score
I'm going to go out on my own limb here and say that fans of a program in virtual disarray should probably not be saying about the top program in women's basketball, or their fans, right about now.

Reaction Score
It must be so hard to root for a team that wins 95% of its games. In all seriousness it's probably pretty difficult for them to have any perception about what it's like to root for a team that doesn't land half of the top-1o recruits every season. Of course, they also don't seem to understand that there's "better" passing in the women's game because the players' lack of size and athleticism opens up the passing lanes.
ROTFLMAO!!! Do you have any idea how moronic that sounds ? "Must be hard rooting for that team that is so good". Yeah, its really hard. Sometimes I can barely stand it. Dope

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
ROTFLMAO!!! Do you have any idea how moronic that sounds ? "Must be hard rooting for that team that is so good". Yeah, its really hard. Sometimes I can barely stand it. Dope

It sounds "moronic" if you have the worst reading comprehension skills ever displayed in the history of the world. It's hard to lay the sarcasm any thicker than I laid it on, but you still managed not to notice it. Did you even get to the next sentence, which I started with "in all seriousness"? Or the rest of the post, which made clear that I was saying that it's easy to root for a team that never loses? Dope.

You continue to be one of the worst posters on this board. Thanks for reminding me of that.

caw

Reaction Score
I'm going to go out on my own limb here and say that fans of a program in virtual disarray should probably not be saying about the top program in women's basketball, or their fans, right about now.

Are these mutually exclusive entities now?

Reaction Score

No you are the dope. You are obviously too dopey to catch onto his sarcasm. What he is saying is, how much fun can it really be to watch a team that wins 95% (more like 98%) of its games? And please answer that. I respect the Uconn women and Ill watch a few minutes of a game here or there, but how can you be remotely entertained when you are 100% sure of the outcome to every one of their games but one or two each year? Close games are 15 pt wins. Its great for the school and our athletics that they are so dominant and all the power to them, but I constantly wonder how Geno goes on. I mean how can it possibly be fun for him at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom