Thread on the old people board | The Boneyard

Thread on the old people board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gonna go out on a limb here and assume the old people board is the Women's Basketball board.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Raise the baskets three feet to eliminate dunking??

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
If Brendan Allen starts doing that high-five thing down the bench after every made trey we're in trouble.

H

Husk-E

Yes, totally wish I was a woman right now... If you raised the rim 3 feet higher Lebron and Rudy would still be making highlight reel dunkfaces.

Reaction Score
Ollie wishes the men would move without the ball as much.

Hey wing nut, KO wishes that the 12th ranked team in men's basketball could get beat every night by the 2nd ranked team by 60.......love the women, they're real good this year - real good - they also have 5 of the best 15 players in the game and mayb 8 of the best 30 in the country on the team, and there's maybe 3-5 teams at best who could win it all, probably 2.......there is no comparison so please just go to that board and have your fun and stay away from here because you're a dope!!

Reaction Score
Asking why the men can't be more like the women...

Tell em the answer shall be revealed 20 minutes after they change the name of the court at Gampel to Calhoun's Court

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It must be so hard to root for a team that wins 95% of its games. In all seriousness it's probably pretty difficult for them to have any perception about what it's like to root for a team that doesn't land half of the top-1o recruits every season. Of course, they also don't seem to understand that there's "better" passing in the women's game because the players' lack of size and athleticism opens up the passing lanes.

Reaction Score
Because they play with a 28" ball
Because they don't have a 10 second violation
Because they have easily the best mind in women's basketball and to top it off the best players go there pretty much automatically
Because they have too many women refereeing (and even the men ref'ing their games are like HS JV refs)
Because even a ranked team will most likely get beat by 40 or more unless it's Top 5 thanks to "parity" (it's tough to watch)
Because they stay 4 years and are not all looking for their "NBA" dream rather being great student-athletes (this is a real good thing but there's a difference in mindset)
Because even the worst team on the men's schedule has athletes good enough to guard people, never mind the ranked teams.....

It's a much different game and why can't people just be happy with how good each of their teams are rather than the annual "the women could beat the men" thread...........??:rolleyes:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Geno had a great response to a reporter asking what the score would be if the men played the women. He said the score would be whatever the men wanted it to be...if they wanted to win by 50, then that's what it would be , if they wanted to win by 100, then that's what it would be. He understands the difference between men's and woman's teams, but there are always delusional fans out there.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Saw that embarrassment of a thread on my phone. It did lead me to discover the mark forum as read function on TapTalk.

It's nice the WBB fans enjoy watching their team, but a lot of them are well inside their own bubble, to put it nicely.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I was tempted to respond to that original post that the men would be like the women's team (especially football) if the best coach in the game had fallen from the sky and into Storrs. Good luck if Geno ever gets bored, or if WM facks up his contract extension (which is more than possible, based on his track record so far).

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Ollie wishes the men would move without the ball as much.
Sorry it comes attached. Woman on the other hand.........

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Dag nab it! I thought this was the board for old people!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Hmm. You must spend some time on the Old People's board to
Know what's being posted. You might lose your privileges. Some of us geriatrics hobble over to this board to see if anyone needs a diaper change.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i cant believe i finally got in on that and nan killed it. bowho

Reaction Score
It's funny it's fine for some dumb** over there to be clueless and compare the programs while doing their best to make our men's team look like idiots but call them on it, and dare to let them know they are a dope for doing so, and you "hurt their feelings".....oh geez there's yet another difference......the men's fans, even the "women" have some balls. Must be in a bad mood because they only won by 15 against the 5th ranked team? If they made any shots they would've beaten them by 30 once again settling the "parity" in the game to a new standard!

HuskyfanDan you're a bad man!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom