Thon Maker | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Thon Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is this kid still on our radar? I just noticed this today but in 2 years if he develops and adds weight/strength why not go directly to the NBA (or is that outlawed nowadays?).

Reaction Score
Is this kid still on our radar? I just noticed this today but in 2 years if he develops and adds weight/strength why not go directly to the NBA (or is that outlawed nowadays?).
No. I'd bet that he never plays college basketball anyway.

Reaction Score
would love to have this guy since Djery Baptiste is no longer an option--- Djery committed to Vandy (of all places) a few days ago---big blow for us & puts more pressure on to land this/a top notch big man.

Reaction Score
He looks like a stud, but of all people, we should have our guard up when it comes to 7-foot "do it all" players. Remember the "best player" on our 1999 team?

Maker shoots under 30% from 3. He looks to have a nice stroke but he's not Kevin Durant.

All that said, just like BearJWS, I would also give my left coconut to get him.
I recall seeing him play in some tournament on TV. I can't remember which one, but the first name that came to mind when watching him was Kevin Garnett. His ability to handle the ball, score both inside and outside was very impressive for a kid his size. I'd take this kid in a heartbeat. This is no Ajou Deng.

Reaction Score
would love to have this guy since Djery Baptiste is no longer an option--- Djery committed to Vandy (of all places) a few days ago---big blow for us & puts more pressure on to land this/a top notch big man.

It wasn't a big blow as stone is our first option. Secondly, you don't take maker because Baptiste isn't coming to Uconn. You take maker because he is better not a consolation prize. Lastly, Deng was a mystery. Maker has played in AAU against the next competition. Totally different backgrounds

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Can someone refresh my memory about Maker's guardian or handler or whatever having been similarly connected to Ater Majok from Australia? Is he still involved with Maker and if so, did things end badly between he and UConn with Majok? Would that prevent us from having any chance to sign Thon?

Reaction Score
I guess you guys missed the thread on Ater Majok and his guardian Ed Smith, who is Maker's guardian. Not happening, keep it moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom